Hereditary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it a second time. Amazing. Did anyone else notice the marking on the telephone pole before the "incident "?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk about overhyped. After reading reviews and comments of people leaving the theaters shaking, emotionally disturbed to their core, or just overall not knowing WTF happened with the ending....I expected a lot more. Not saying it was a bad movie, because it wasn't, but it could've been 20 minutes shorter.

The whole movie was arguably perfect. I'm not sure I would want anything changed other than a couple of lines that didn't fit perfectly.

There's way too much hype surrounding this film. It was creepy and visually stunning, but from the reaction it's been getting you'd think it would be up there with The Shining, Rosemary's Baby or The Exorcist. The film doesn't break new ground.

Talk about overhyped. After reading reviews and comments of people leaving the theaters shaking, emotionally disturbed to their core, or just overall not knowing WTF happened with the ending....I expected a lot more. Not saying it was a bad movie, because it wasn't, but it could've been 20 minutes shorter.

There's way too much hype surrounding this film. It was creepy and visually stunning, but from the reaction it's been getting you'd think it would be up there with The Shining, Rosemary's Baby or The Exorcist. The film doesn't break new ground.

Too deep 4 u

Too deep 4 u

Nope.

Spoiler Spoiler:

In a world where Rosemary's Baby exists, the writer should have been more subtle.

The whole movie was arguably perfect. I'm not sure I would want anything changed other than a couple of lines that didn't fit perfectly.

There are a couple of things about the film that didn't work for me:

Spoiler Spoiler:

There are a couple of things about the film that didn't work for me:

Spoiler Spoiler:

She was posessed... it has been confirmed. Happens off camera.

She was posessed... it has been confirmed. Happens off camera.

It should have been on-camera.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Its a small nitpick
The movie works as is

It's not a small nitpick...

Spoiler Spoiler:

The mother was possessed. I think if you rewatch it a little less cynically with the "overhype" out of mind you might enjoy it a bit more. Figuring out something satanic was going on early hardly ruins the the effect of the rest of the movie

Hmm her change of character to me made perfect sense and was actually quite scary. Pure nightmare fuel. I didn't think the hook of the movie was is she crazy or not

The mother was possessed. I think if you rewatch it a little less cynically with the "overhype" out of mind you might enjoy it a bit more. Figuring out something satanic was going on early hardly ruins the the effect of the rest of the movie

Directors didnt want to spoon feed the audience

The VVitch got the same kind of complaints. People wanted everything shown.

Not specifically on this board. But I wish general audience didn't love to dismiss critically acclaimed horror movies just so they can they "IT WASNT DAT SCARY " and walk away with a medal. That's all I heard after the viewing. Meanwhile DURING the movie I could practically hear everyone's heart beating and screams of terror 🤣

Hmmm is this scary? Cause I’ll be honest . All these horror movies that get high praise in the last years have t scared me much. I’m no horror fan but when a scary movie gets high praise I get interested.

But babadook I thought was stupid
The first paranormal activity was meh
Veronica was ok
And the witch was just an unsettling movie. Wonder what makes this stand out. Saw a review that says it takes awhile for anything to happen

Hmmm is this scary? Cause I’ll be honest . All these horror movies that get high praise in the last years have t scared me much. I’m no horror fan but when a scary movie gets high praise I get interested.

But babadook I thought was stupid
The first paranormal activity was meh
Veronica was ok
And the witch was just an unsettling movie. Wonder what makes this stand out. Saw a review that says it takes awhile for anything to happen

Babadook doesnt count as horror. I dont know why it was called horror when it wasnt. More like a psychological thriller
Paranormal activity was just a gimmick

This is lije the witch. Same studio

Hmmm I think it all depends on the viewer. Are you open minded and did you give yourself over to the film ? Let the film soak over you. That's how I view these types of movies. Like it follows, witch , babadook. They are for sure horror movies. Easily the best of the best. They are just not for everybody. If let a film like this possess you you will never forget it.

Babadook is phenomenal btw. That's just a mixture of amazing talent.

Back