Heads of TV Series Actors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milosp

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello Everybody!

I have learned about your hobby recently... I made several digital sculptures a while ago and in the last weeks I prepared them all for 3D printing, so you can have them if you like them. They are all in 1/6 and are availeble to 3D print from Shapeways in different materials.

Zachary Quinto or known as Sylar from Heroes, or Spock
zachary-quinto-by-milos-paripovic.jpg

Available in different materials here
https://www.shapeways.com/model/694312/zachary-quinto-spock-sylar.html

Wentworth Miller known as Michael Scofield from Prison Break
wentworth-miller-by-milos-paripovic.jpg

https://www.shapeways.com/model/696592/wentworth-miller-michael-scofield.html

Josh Radnor known as Ted Mosby from How I Met Your Mother
(Without hair and with different expression).
josh-radnor-by-milos-paripovic.jpg

https://www.shapeways.com/model/696588/ted-mosby-josh-radnor.html

Jim Parsons knows as Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory
jim-parsons-by-milos-paripovic.jpg

https://www.shapeways.com/model/694341/jim-parsons-sheldon-cooper.html

Above are the renderings, and please if you print some, post the photos here. I only printed the last one so far, you can find photos on shapeways website. That one is in "White Detail" material, but if you want highest quality possible, choose "Frosted Ultra Detail". You will need to paint them yourself though.

Have fun!

How about a jack regan and george carter from the original "The Sweeney"?
Probably not a big demand outside the uk and even then might be limited but was watching it the other day and thought a couple of figures would be cool.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3TzzM-DcUo[/ame]
Have seen a lewis collins from the professionals. but bodie and doyle and starksy and hutch would also be some grails I'd like.

What a cool service (Shapeways) if it actually works as advertised. Give it another year or two and this could be a great tool for customizers.

This is awesome. I wonder if the best detail one which states its flexible will hold up well.

I think you might be more successful setting these up as neckless and necked versions so folks can use for customizing. I could easily see made-to-order pieces like this going for $50 or so, and if the artist got a commission for each piece sold I think it could be a nice incentive. The fabricator would handle the order taking, printing and fulfilment and send off a royalty check to the artist. It wouldn't be long before tons of custom, well designed heads were available. However it also probably wouldn't be long before license holders stepped in I suppose, unless the printer was in a country that could skirt it.

pm sent

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Thanks everybody!

@dwing, sorry I am not sure what are you asking.

@tencozy, you question has double meaning :) I did plan modelling him, but I have no priority list or timetable yet.

@nexus, it is a nice service, and prices are lower than ponoko, sculpteo and few others. Regarding the necklaces, you can always drill the ears and have a string going through :)
It does function as you describe it, but I don't see it as a business. I read some of you would like to have those guys, and for some or the other reasons can not do it yourselves, so here they are, since I already modeled them.

What I meant was the material used that had the best detail if it would hold up well once painted since it's a flexible material.

I don't know about "White and Flexible" but I have seen painted Frosted Ultra Detail and it looked good. The first material is flexible if made as thin stripes, and on the head shape I think it would not be flexible. Maybe you can post mail to shapeways or ask on their forums about painting.

I did start modeling heads of several public figures at the same time so I will finish those first... Patrick Stewart, Dylan Moran, Angelina Jolie, Terry O'Quinn (finished and will be available in a few days), Chuck Norris... then I will maybe model the rest of the TBBT cast or a few women.

Good female headsculpts are in short supply. Would love to see some of them.

I think I read on the other thread that the sculpts were printed hollow. Is that right?

I don't know about "White and Flexible" but I have seen painted Frosted Ultra Detail and it looked good. The first material is flexible if made as thin stripes, and on the head shape I think it would not be flexible. Maybe you can post mail to shapeways or ask on their forums about painting.

I did start modeling heads of several public figures at the same time so I will finish those first... Patrick Stewart, Dylan Moran, Angelina Jolie, Terry O'Quinn (finished and will be available in a few days), Chuck Norris... then I will maybe model the rest of the TBBT cast or a few women.

How about Lois Lane from Smallville?

Back