Han Solo in Carbonite & Jabba's throne Dioramas for Black Series 6"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gucabe

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I want to show you guys the process of my Dioramas build. This way you can make your own. These are my first Dioramas ever and it was very easy to make.

This is the model I made

Design01.jpg

Design02.jpg

Materials used were floral Dryfoam, Spray paint and 3d printed accesories.

Han Solo:

First you need to get a block that is large enough for the back, my Diorama measures 13" wide X 9" tall and 5" deep.
So yo need a block that is at least 22" X 9" X 2" ( you can play with dimensions and change them if you want)

Han01.jpg

I cut a square 9x9x2 for the back, two 9x5x2 for the side walls, two 9x1x2 for the floor and the top piece that holds han. Then using toothpicks and elmers glue you put everthing together except the floor. (be gentile or you will damage the foam)

Han02.jpg

Han03.jpg

Han04.jpg

Han05.jpg

Han06.jpg

Han07.jpg

I 3d printed the accesories that I designed from shapeways, and you can get them from here:
8 Ribs: https://www.shapeways.com/model/2611720/ribs-for-han-diorama-6-inch.html
Grills: https://www.shapeways.com/model/2612342/grills-for-han-diorama.html
Controlbox: https://www.shapeways.com/model/2612059/switchbox-for-han-solo-in-carbonite-diorama-6-inch.html

greeblies01.jpg

Han08.jpg

Han09.jpg

Han10.jpg

To paint I used 3 cans:
Paint00.jpg

Paint01.jpg

Paint02.jpg

Paint03.jpg

Paint04.jpg

You can attach Han anyway you want, I used rare earth magnets and a steel plate on the dio.
Han11.jpg

Han12.jpg

Han13.jpg

Han14.jpg

Han15.jpg

I added a bit more weathering
Han16.jpg

Han17.jpg

Han18.jpg

The Han Solo was made by a friend of mine, because i wanted it to be lit from th einside he recasted the exclusive in a Red resin, painted it and added a Led and batteries inside.

Han19.jpg

Han20.jpg

Finished.

Han21.jpg

Han22.jpg

I'm planning to add red leds on the floor later. Now off to Jabba's Throne.

Jabba:

For Jabba is the same process. I used 4 blocks that measure aprox 3.5" X 2.6" X 7.8"
Jabba00.jpg

Jabba01.jpg

You cut one of the 4 blocks in half to place it on the sides
Jabba02.jpg

Then you shape it acordingly using only your hands or carving tools... (hands are just fine)
Jabba03.jpg

Then off to paint, while Jabba watches tv
Jabba04.jpg

Same painting process... Primer - Stone - Camouflage - Weathering.

Jabba05.jpg

Jabba06.jpg

I have designed the Gargoyles and I'm waiting for them to arrive
Design03.jpg

I am also looking for the Back of the Throne from the SDCC exclusive as well as Salacious Crumb...

I'll post updates once I get it complete, but for now...

All01.jpg

Thanks.

Thanks a lot for your comments guys... @JonEl you can get everything at Michaels or Hobby Lobby and the 3d printed parts at shapeways or at home if you have a 3d printer... the models are free to download... :)

Have fun.

Great project and execution. Looking forward to the throne being finished.

Back