HBO's Boardwalk Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want Al and jimmy to be friends. Al is a real god damn shark though. He's got that crazy presence...you don't know what he's going to do. And Jimmy is a smart guy, I wasn't really worried. Initially hoping for him to warm up to Al in that scene was a mistake...because Al wanted that, its a sign of weakness. There's some egos at stake.

Loved the first season of this show... the finale last night was very satisfying (tied up a few things, and foreshadowed many future story lines) and has me really looking forward to season 2 :rock

Season 1 was solid.

The scene with Nelson was hilarious. I was expecting Paz to walk in and say something like I can give you Nucky. Instead shes pregnant.

The one thing I both like and dislike is that I can't get comfortable watching the characters because I'm constantly so scared someones going to get killed. This isn't like The Sopranos where there are times the entire crews getting along and theres no danger. Nucky can't even organize his own closest guys, his brother and what could have been more or less his son. He just doesn't have that Tony Soprano kind of sure hes in a coma but its TOny Soprano so he'll be fine vibe.

Yeah, the pieces seem to move around a lot in this series. While you don't really get to relax its made (so far) for a hell of a ride.

Yeah, I really like this show alot.
I'm not sure why it hasn't had much more discussion on these boards.

I'm still really hoping that Jimmy kills the NYer that was messing around with his mom. And with all this business between Chicago and NY and NJ I wonder where Al and Jimmy will be as far as friends or enemies. I also find it hard to believe that jimmy will side against nuchy for some reason still.

Also really cool to see all those hits being taken out, I love the tinman/sniper character

Loved the first season of this show... the finale last night was very satisfying (tied up a few things, and foreshadowed many future story lines) and has me really looking forward to season 2 :rock

Very good season and show to end it on. HBO does great work and I love that its loosely based on real people.

Also really cool to see all those hits being taken out, I love the tinman/sniper character

Yeah, that sequence at the end was great... altough I did feel bad for the kid fumbling with the revolver :monkey2 Also, did they show Doogie's friend getting killed? I didn't remember him getting shot during the sequence.

And I agree about the tinman, he's a really interesting addition to the show. The heartless killer, with a heart of gold :panic:

I'm literally going through withdrawals without an episode of Boardwalk to look forward to! Anyone know when Season 2 is supposed to start up?

I thought I would hate it, but I really really (really really) love it. If Buscemi doesn't get best actor in the Golden Globes and Emmys, it will be a crime.

I haven't heard anything, but I'd guess the next season will start in the Fall of 2011... at least I hope its not any later than that.

Easily my favorite new show of the year, every aspect of it is so well done :rock

Started this this morning and already on episode 8 :monkey4

So far this is easily a 10/10 for me!

The acting of Buscemi, Pitt, Macdonald & Shannon is extraordinary

Pitt's performance is stand out for me however, I am not sure why he hasn't been bigger in Hollywood, he reminds me very much of Leo

Season 2 looks better then 1.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-B8RjzOwG8"]YouTube - ‪Boardwalk Empire: Season 2 Tease (HBO)‬‏[/ame]

I can't wait for season 2. I absolutely loved the first season and Michael Pitt is a great actor.

I just got into this show. When l heard about it and Buscemi was the main character l new l would like it. I don't have HBO so l couldn't watch it. Watched half of an episode at my dads (he has HBO) and liked what l saw. So a couple days ago l watched the first episode on line and really liked it, so l checked to see if it was on DVD yet so l can watch the rest on the big screen, but it is not out yet. I can't waite for it, so the last 2 nights l have been watching it on the computer, really good show. Created by one of the writers form the Sopranos, lot's of familliar faces from the Sopranos in this as well which is good. great show so far, another series l will collect on dvd.

Back