Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, my Target has the Rancor out now too. Thing that annoys me is that it used to be $39.99 but after the reset, and interestingly when people started finding them easily, they bumped the price up $10. Right now Im just waiting on my ROTJ figures to be in-hand (probably a week or so yet as they are coming from Asia) and I will be flippin thrilled! Expect pictures :lol

OK kiddies, here we go, Hasbro's new Slave Leia! Forgive the blur, no flash and no tripod. Also, enjoy 3PO :lol

DSC00770.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

DSC00774.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

They've hinted in recent Q&As that there's probably a Jabba in the works for sometime in the next couple years. That's basically what the cup accessory that comes with slave leia is for.

Hasbro claims they are working on one for next year, with the throne or maybe without. Forward compatibility. Same thing for the cup because it won't stand on it's own.

They've hinted in recent Q&As that there's probably a Jabba in the works for sometime in the next couple years. That's basically what the cup accessory that comes with slave leia is for.

That's good news, while the ULTRA Jabba was one of the best as far as paint, the railing only setup sucked because it looks goofy wihtout the full throne, and the sculpt of the Jabba Blob from Phantom Menace they recycled is completely inaccurrate to the ROTJ design, the tail being the biggest error being flat and all, I'd love for them to take the 1983 Jabba figure, update the sculpt to be more detailed and accurrate, and give him an ULTRA Jabba paint job, or better with a full throne too. I'd drop $30-$50 like the Rancor to have a truly ultimate ROTJ Hasbro Jabba the Hutt, pretty much Sideshow's Jabba and throne shrunken down.

MEMNOCH, did you special order those figures to get them early or should these be coming out around now?

Well here's the interesting thing: Some sellers on eBay get these early (Asia). I had the Wal Mart Tie Pilot since the middle of July and they are just now showing up at Wal Mart. Not long after that a few TPM figures popped up, then these guys about 2 weeks ago. So TPM is running late while, as of now, ROTJ wave is on time. So, no special order, just know where to keep an eye out for early figures. They won't always have all the accessories though, something to keep in mind.

Well time to bump this up with a little news. Apparently Wal Mart has fallen out of favor with Hasbro. They are no longer the "first crack" retailer since their new impact plans went into effect, cutting down toy space. The order is now TRU, Target, Wal-Mart for the top 3. So if your main haunt was WM, may want to switch it up. PS: A lot of the end of year figures I got (Zuckuss, Bespin Guard, etc) ROCK!!!

That sucks, cuz around here, the odds of finding stuff order was Walmart, Target, TRU, TRU's around here are terrible with new stock. Fortunately I don't follow this stuff too much anymore, but there's a piece here and there that I'd like.

I finally found the Slave Leia and Jedi Luke figures, completing my ROTJ/Jabba wave. I don't really collect these in general, but I did want to get all the Jabba related ones. The Leia is actually quite nice. I particularly like the sitting legs that she comes with. And I was really impressed with the skiff aliens.

I really hope they do a better job with this upcoming Jabba. I don't have a lot of hope for the paint job, but I can take care of that myself. It's the sculpt that I'm worried about. Plus it would be great to actually have a full throne, but I'm not sure if that's in the cards considering they've never done one since the vintage throne.

BTW I posted these in my custom thread, but I guess I might as well here as well. This is the Ultra Jabba and Vintage Jabba repainted and placed on a repainted vintage throne. In terms of the sculpt, neither one is perfect by a long shot.

ultra_jabba_repaint2.jpg

vintage_jabba_repaint1.jpg

I was opposite, in Walmart today, they had everyone from the ROTJ wave but Leia and Luke, I was a bit upset. Thinking of getting the new Rancor keeper but the 90's version actually was fine, I've been backing off Hasbro stuff and getting repeats just for slight improvements isn't a biggy to me anymore, Leia I want so she can sit with Jabba and Jedi Luke is my favorite Luke and this is finally the ultimate Death Star 2 version.

Ya know, I hung up the Hasbro collecting a year ago. But I came across the new Cody wave today and I almost caved and bought a bunch of them.

The new Cody is cool., The concept IG-88 would go great with the other McQuarries. That little Utapau labor alien is one I really wanted to see made. The Bacara re-sculpt is another I hoped for. The scanner crew member was pretty cool. And there were others I wanted as well. I am glad I hadn't taken any money with me. A lot of the Hasbro stuff id really nice, lately, but has gotten way too expensive for me.

My Walmart got tons of new figures for a new end cap and I was able to find all the figures I wanted. I got all the new Clone Wars waves I missed plus the figures I needed from the new BAD wave.

I don't really buy much from Walmart but I guess I was just lucky. I just buy figures online now, mostly from HTS. I refuse to waste time and money trying to find new figures at retail.

I've cleaned up on figures at wal-mart in the last few weeks. In fact today got the ANH wave of R2, Han, Chewie, scanning crew tech, Jawa the cantina aliena leesub sirlan and Kal fas.

For the first time in I don't know how long(perhaps 06?) Im completely caught up on basic new figs.

Well since Saturday I grabbed 2 Dewbacks, an extra DSII Luke and a few custom fodder figures off eBay. Hasbro really is making some good stuff, I just hope it keeps coming. icruise, gotta say, your Jabba - :rock

Back