Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a small dedicated Vader shelf for 3.75" figures, and from left to right is the operation table scene, the meditation chamber, and the final duel. The right side is weak, and this would be perfect.

It is a tease, and a rotten one at that. Just look at it. All ready to go, just needs a, "Do it now" from a Hasbro exec who apparently has something better to do.

I have all those pieces too. Someday when I can actually build a display, I'm going to be so lost :lol, I can think of a number of ways to display what I have, I think I'll just start with the ideas I'm most attached to, then work my way down and let what items are left over after those setups guide what else I do.

I had contemplated a Sith 1:1 bust trio with Maul, Palpatine and Vader, was originally going to just go with evil and have Grievous in Vader's place, but now that I see this Hasbro piece, I'd probably stick with my evil trio plan and use the Vader bust in a sort of fate of Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker setup with stuff tied to the reveal helmet and the funeral pyre and the Jedi spirits scenes represented.

Has anyone seen any new Galactic Heroes? My son just loves those little guys.

I like them too, they're inexpensive but quirky enough, something appealing to me about them, love the Jabba's palace set, had to have the GH Hutt, I like to get many Hutt pieces.

...use the Vader bust in a sort of fate of Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker setup with stuff tied to the reveal helmet and the funeral pyre and the Jedi spirits scenes represented.

You should get the Vader and Anakin PF's to bookend the bust. Then the accompanying 1:1 sabers. Hell, get all five. Detail the empty spaces between with dioramas and the best of the Hasbro stuff.

Think of the possibilities... :monkey3

Well, I'm more content with the Vader and Anakin 1/6, actually, overall, I like the look of both in 1/6 better than the PFs, I'm really not a fan in the end of how the Anakin PF looks and a lot with the helmet and mask on the Vader PF bothers me, I'm much more pleased with the figures, and can change their poses to suit the display :lol

Some day, I think I'm just going to photoshop some of my display ideas just to see how they might look. I plan a setup dedicated to the Obi-Wan - Anakin relationship with Mustafar duel pieces and Obi-Wan Vader stuff.

Same here. I had a vision like that at one point and it wasn't too hard to talk myself out of it. My Hasbro figures are my blueprints for my final Vader 1:6 set-up. When they do the Emperor with his throne, and the next two Vaders, I'll have close to what I ultimately want. The two things that would make it perfect is an operating table with the three droids and a ROTS reveal Vader, and a 1:6 meditation chamber.

The sabers are still tempting though. Atleast V and VI. If I could manage all of that, I think I'd be able to live with my inevitable decision to pass on the bust. Until then, my Hasbro figures keep me grounded (but they'd be much more potent in that regard if we had a funeral pyre now; not 2011).

I want that Pyre now too. Cant wait to get the new Dewback though.. oh and MaulFan, I wont be doing much running since Im caught up but if I spot the AOTC Kenobi Ill grab him for ya.

Hasbro is having an amazing showing this time. I remember last year it was like just a bunch of expanded universe comic packs. Lots of OT love and characters that have been aching for new figures since forever. They're cramming more and more detail in these little figures. If they reveal an AT-AT or AT-ST I'm gonna ****

Hasbro is having an amazing showing this time. I remember last year it was like just a bunch of expanded universe comic packs. Lots of OT love and characters that have been aching for new figures since forever. They're cramming more and more detail in these little figures. If they reveal an AT-AT or AT-ST I'm gonna ****

Rumors I've heard are a new AT-ST and a new Slave 1, we won't know until Friday. However there is a Battlepack that looks to have the good astrodroid mold for R2 and a VERY good Farmboy Luke. Here's a pic from Jedi Temple Archives:
04hasbro-therest-045.jpg

Last edited:
I want that Pyre now too. Cant wait to get the new Dewback though.. oh and MaulFan, I wont be doing much running since Im caught up but if I spot the AOTC Kenobi Ill grab him for ya.

That'd be very nice of you.

Hasbro's doing a new Dewback? The 1997 one is still one of my favorite creatures, really like how it came out, that one will be tough to beat but I'm sure they're up to the challenge.

That new (presumably) 3PO and the new ANH Luke look nice in that setup, I scored that Old Ben like a month ago.

Look at this!!!!

IMG_1041.JPG

Know who that is?!?!

Willrow F'n Hood!!

For the uninitiated that is Ice Cream Maker Guy!!! Hasbro is so awesome these days!!!!!

Yea, this year BEFORE the slideshow it's Hasbros best year EVER. Vintage/OT fans ARENT getting screwed for once. Plus there's still that new honkin AT-ST rumor. If you've seen the Scanning Technician in the ANH Wave.. all you have to do is give him new forearms, new head and helmet and you got a SA AT-ST Driver. Oh, and Sean, no worries. I know one of the Wal Marts around here is stocking the ATOC wave, the one I usually hit just got the ESB wave (pulled in a second Hoth Rebel :lol).

This will be a must for me, intereting to see even GH figures having the Hayden head on Anakin's spirit.

IMG_2666.JPG

Here's my feedback.

PLEASE ^^^^ING MAKE THAT!!!

:eek:

The funeral pyre and the reveal scene are my 2 most favorite moments in ROTJ, maybe all of Star Wars, I just love the music, and the visual of Vader's suit engulfed in flame. Now I have to go listen to the score.

I hear you. The ending of Jedi is a bittersweet moment for me because I was 15 when it came out and Star Wars was a huge part of my childhood. When the saga ended, it felt like my childhood ended as well. ROTJ may be my least favorite of the OT, but it had some damn fine moments. :vader :emperor

Managed to score the new Rancor at a local Target today, very impressive. $50 seems crazy, but when a little guy is $7, not so crazy. Glad to save what I might have had to give in and spend on eBay.

Back