Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumping this sucker up in anticipation for what seems like what will be a big year for Hasbro. Curto over on Rebelscum already confirmed Galactic Hunters news of a new Slave 1, which means the rumors of the new AT-ST are probably true! This means a good, but stressful last half the year for us OT/vintage collectors :woo

Between products from Sideshow and Hot Toys, and my local stores sucking about stocking fresh inventory, my Hasbro collecting's really been dwindling. I like the quality Hasbro does, I just wish it was a product that didn't require movie hype for my local stores to be on top of inventory, I don't want to have to go through the internet and pay shipping and crap on stuff I could easily pick up in a store.

Most of my stuff I've found in stores, or I get a great deal on line (AOTC wave loose for $40 just no BAD that I had no use for). What hurts are exclusives, mainly Target. Just paid $60 for the Rancor cuz it never showed up here and is not on the site. None of the Target stuff ever shows up here so Im praying the AT-ST we are supposed to be getting isn't coming by way of them.

Most of my stuff I've found in stores, or I get a great deal on line (AOTC wave loose for $40 just no BAD that I had no use for). What hurts are exclusives, mainly Target. Just paid $60 for the Rancor cuz it never showed up here and is not on the site. None of the Target stuff ever shows up here so Im praying the AT-ST we are supposed to be getting isn't coming by way of them.

Be thankful you've got a Target. They don't exist north of the border which makes it a kick in the *&^ when it comes to exclusives.

The new Rancor is out?

The new Rancor is out?

Yes and no. It was on the website at the start of the year then quickly gone. I've heard they were in stores but I have not, probably never will see one, so I got mine off eBay. He's sitting in the chair right now :lol And Neil, with how horrible exclusives are for me to get from them, it's pretty much like they dont exist here either.

I'm sure I'll have to go eBay too, Target's aren't really close by for me, cheaper than hunting all over the state for one.

BE warned, unless you manage to luck out, it will be about $55-65+ with shipping. Mine was $40 and then $20 for UPS from Hawaii.

Well stuff is coming out, so far the waves have some great figures. BOTH Rancor keepers, new Bespin Guards, new Cody, FUNERAL PYRE VADER!

Some of my new arrivals.

DSC00725.jpg

Has this been posted yet?

NO...FREAKING....WAY.......I dreamt of them doing this for nearly a decade, I've long thought, just make some sort of collectible with fake fire to glow to capture the pyre of Anakin Skywalker, finally it is a reality.

Man, this Comic Con is becoming the convention of dreams come true for me this year.

The pyre is awesome.

What's not so awesome is that it's just a concept piece that they don't plan to make until 2011, if they make it at all. They're apparently looking for fan feedback first. :dunno

Price: $30.

Here's my feedback.

PLEASE ^^^^ING MAKE THAT!!!

:eek:

The funeral pyre and the reveal scene are my 2 most favorite moments in ROTJ, maybe all of Star Wars, I just love the music, and the visual of Vader's suit engulfed in flame. Now I have to go listen to the score.

Sean, ATOC Obi Wan iss out there, just gotta look. I missed the wave at one of my Wal Marts the other day but got it (and the rest of the wave) for $40 shipped.

Well, anytime I'm in a Walmart or anywhere, I do peak. Massachusetts can really suck though :lol Even when I was younger, we'd take trips to Connecticut and I'd go shopping there and find brand new stuff hadn't even made it's way to Mass stores.

Now I'm all hung up on that Vader dio though, it's such a tease, Hasbro should have made a sketch or used a film still or something to solicit interest, having an actual one to see, if it never comes to be I'll be so bummed.

Back