Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke is a bit dissappointing after all the wait for a Death Star 2 Luke, my big issue with him is the hip joint, every Hasbro figure I've got with it sucks, Stormtroopers, Clones, Luke, it's very floppy and unstable I find.

To the top! Resurgence of the Jedi pack - if you see it, GET IT. The Luke and R2 alone are worth it. I have some pics to take so I will update this in a day or so but if you keep an eye out Hasbro makes some real gems. Can't wait to see if the rumors of vintage return and AT-AT are truee.

I really would like to see a return of figures in the vintage packaging. I quite collecting Hasbro Star Wars stuff a long time ago, but couldn't resist picking up all of the VOTC stuff because of the sheer nostalgia and memories...

Although I don't collect them, some of the Unleashed figures where really well done!

The only Hasbro figures I can find around my neck of the woods are the ROTJ wave. I finally score a AOTC Obi-Wan, still looking for the rest of that wave as well as the Phantom Menace wave. I sent out for my Qui-Gon today! :chew I'm looking forward to him. I hope I can find a TPM Obi-Wan before I get him the mail to display him with. :D

go to hasbro toy shop they have them and their shipping is fairly reasonable I had to go that route because I could never find the AOTC Obi in stores :emperor

I got the BMF on clearance at Wal-Mart last year... I want to say it was around 30-40 bucks?? My son is going to LOVE it in a few years :joy

my son is 16 and I have been buying him Star Wars since he was 3 so he has a huge Hasbro collection. I have just recently began to collect for myself and ended up getting the Falcon it's so cool... yes your boy will love it when he's old enough. I got mine for 90 bucks and thought I did well but you did really well, thats patience!!! :emperor

i went on a bit of a bender the past few weeks and have picked up pretty much everything i could find. i haven't bought any figures for while but all that went out the window when target had several of the new waves...which led to trips to walmart, tru, etc. i picked up the new concept snowtrooper, zuckuss and hoth snowspeeder luke yesterday. the luke is prolly my favorite. i picked up the at-st for $20 at walmart. looks great but i think it is a piece of crap. it's very wobbly and loose but my son digs it so i guess it was worth it. also got my stormtrooper commanders from the star wars shop. awesome. friggin'. figure.

009-4.jpg

004-3.jpg

008-4.jpg

001-3.jpg

016-6.jpg

Last edited:
I am probally going to pick up the new Commander Cody figure and weather it, i did see some pics of it on Rebelscum and it looks cool.I already have a Saga Cody loose and MOC, this new version is worth a purchase i think.

Not just Hasbro related I would imagine, but, new packaging for 2010 and I must say, i really like the look of this one, colors, design, it all works nicely in my book.

https://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/news20100113.html

I'd actually enjoy Sideshow adopting something similar and leaving the 30th Anniversary look behind.

I wouldnt count on that for the film based figures. All signs point to a return to the vintage style for that line as it will be a collector focused line from here out apparently.

If vintage makes its long overdue return then count me back in for Star Wars Hasbro collecting. :banana :banana

Those new clone card backs are much better then the last ones, darker= better, more vibrant.

Collecting the VOTC and VTSC figures were the highlight of my collecting since 95. It felt like opening up cooler versions of the figures I always wanted. Now if the rumors are true that we are gonna see a new Ackbar, Wicket and others.. it will be a dream come true.

Collecting the VOTC and VTSC figures were the highlight of my collecting since 95. It felt like opening up cooler versions of the figures I always wanted. Now if the rumors are true that we are gonna see a new Ackbar, Wicket and others.. it will be a dream come true.

I know what you mean, my heart was racing with joy when i first encountered and bought VOTC luke,leia,han and Obi x2 of each and then ran back to get 2x12inch Boba and a Stormie and luke.That line had me pumped for Star Wars.

I just opened up my OTC Dagobah Luke,R2 and Yoda last night.They really are worth peanuts, i just kept them MOC because of the nice US cardbacks they came on(opposed to the Canadian boring plain ones).They are decent figures,handstand Luke is cool,batteries in R2 are pretty much dead,i am going to cover that red eye up with some black.

What's with the purple speederbike? And when did they correct the handlebars to be horizontal instead of vertical grips?

It's more of a brown, may be the flash making it that weird color. Gonna try and repaint this sucker anyway - BUT it's actually from the 2002 Saga collection (I think). Only difference is the tail end has the ridges which weren't on the Jedi bikes. It's worth it to have the right handlebars instead of the incorrect vintage ones that have been on EVERY OT bike ever. The bottom gun even has some plastic to make it appear as though the gun has it's wiring.

It's more of a brown, may be the flash making it that weird color. Gonna try and repaint this sucker anyway - BUT it's actually from the 2002 Saga collection (I think). Only difference is the tail end has the ridges which weren't on the Jedi bikes. It's worth it to have the right handlebars instead of the incorrect vintage ones that have been on EVERY OT bike ever. The bottom gun even has some plastic to make it appear as though the gun has it's wiring.

So you customized it using the Saga Clone bike, or there is an actual speeder bike like this? If so, I need to buy some!

Everything you see in the photo is stock. Bike is untouched (it's the one that came with the Clone Trooper), figure is untouched and the stand he's on is from the deluxe Maul with training droid.

Back