Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Boba Fett and Jango fett were not bad. I still have them and the head on the Hasbro Dooku was better than some of the stuff SS put out IMO.

I appreciate Hasbro for what they are. Their sculpts are pretty darn good for the scale (to see how good, compare them to Mattel's DC Infinite Heroes). Besides, the POTF2 line is what got me into collecting to begin with and I still have a fondness for those figures.

The Boba Fett and Jango fett were not bad. I still have them and the head on the Hasbro Dooku was better than some of the stuff SS put out IMO.

I still have a loose Dooku Head waiting to go on a better body.... have a couple of spare Bucks but absolutely no experience of attaching the two... Maybe I should just glue it on there and lose sone neck artic....

I have to say that recently I've had a change of heart when it comes to Hasbro... I still don't want 90% of their releases, but the non-human characters are great with a bit of work. I recently repainted the Gamorrean Guard and am really happy with the result. Now I've got more figures coming to keep me busy.

Just got 4 more in (IG-88, Bossk, 4-Lom and Zuckuss) and they're still pretty impressive. I think IG-88 is already pretty great right out of the box... and the other ones will just need a bit of work to shine.

Hasbro droids are great, the R2 and the R5. The biker scout head is also brilliant. Like galactiboy I really want to get a Bossk.

Dorgmal

I actually got him today with the other ones... a lot better in person than I suspected. I have another Gamorrean Guard and the R5 coming as well.

There are about 20 or so I'm trying to track down to flesh out my 1/6 collection.

I'd love to customise the Hasbro 1/6 scale stuff but I find it so tedious. On the other hand I have been having a field day doing upgrades and repaints to the 3 3/4 inch stuff. The ewoks are especially fun to work on I just wish there were more hood sculpts to work from.

Back to the top! :lol I got the new 3 3/4" Leia and Ugnaught figures and I gotta say.. while the Ugnaught seems a bit big, the new Leia is a great upgrade for the ANH Leia. Just swap the heads and it's fantastic. Add to all this the Build a Droid, which I may get a second of and paint gold :monkey3 I think Hasbro is doing a decent job. Now if they could drop the price about 2 bucks and move away from movie themed waves they'd be doing much better.

This is my repainted Gammorrean Guard, glad to have him with the Jabba set-up :rock

I've got quite a few Hasbro figures I plan on upgrading, just wanting to get settled a bit before launching back into them.

newm.jpg

I've tried upgrading Hasbros 1/6 scale stuff but found i get more enjoyment out of working on the 3 3/4" line. Dunno why.. Im currently addicted to ewok repainting :lol

Not as nice as Sideshow's, but I added the new Clone Wars Jabba to my collection today, man I love that fat slug :lol

Not as nice as Sideshow's, but I added the new Clone Wars Jabba to my collection today, man I love that fat slug :lol

Man, you guys up north are gettin all the goods lately. I haven't seen that around here OR the new Empire figs. Mine came off eBay :lol

Man, you guys up north are gettin all the goods lately. I haven't seen that around here OR the new Empire figs. Mine came off eBay :lol

I bought my through Star Wars shop, we actually have piss poor stocking post-movie/TV series in MA, so anything I really care about like this, I just order online, saves me more to pay shipping then wasting time and driving around to not find it.

Do you have pics? I haven't seen that yet.

I could always take my own pics later but here's from Rebelscum to give you the gist.

TCW-676.jpg

One thing to note, the upper body and lower body on Jabba are two different types of rubber, there's a mouth moving function so the upper body is softer, in the RS photos, the colors don't look like they match, in hand the contrast isn't there, the colors match. For some reason, some materials absorb light or something and when shot can look different. General Grievous 1:1 bust looks all one toned where it should be in hand, but in pictures, his side fins are plastic and they catch the light and look much different from the head in photos, even with my lighting style.

I picked up mine last week. My only real gripes are that the arms keep falling off and he can't even hold Rotta (who came with Ahsoka). That said, he's still way cool and has me wanting a Ziro w/assassin droid too! :lol

Back