Has anyone made available Ralph McQuarrie/prototype designs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceCrawler

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone made available Ralph McQuarrie, or any prototype designs of Vader, Stormtroopers, droids, etc? I'd think that would be a pretty sought after thing. I had hoped Sideshow would release their prototype Vader they showed years back but that's not going to happen.

I've seen some downloads available on Etsy, but I don't own a 3D printer and they'd need to be resized and I have no experience with any 3D design or printing programs.

Sean

I've been wanting 1/6 versions of McQuarrie's Vader, Fett & Trooper for a long time. Unfortunate SSC didn't start that line... i would have been all in.

I bought the exclusive statues. I like them quite a lot, but they are 1/5 scale.

Yeah, those are cool. I was hoping for 1/6 versions at some point.

I wonder why there isn't more of a demand? With seemingly endless Darth Vader general releases and customs, numerous Gonks, lots of Stormtroopers, etc, you'd think the concept art and obscure stuff would be getting a little more attention. I personally was always more drawn to the concept art... to each their own.

But please, someone consider concept art 1/6 designs!!! I always wanted this Vader:

VADER.jpg

Sean

Yeah, those are cool. I was hoping for 1/6 versions at some point.

I wonder why there isn't more of a demand? With seemingly endless Darth Vader general releases and customs, numerous Gonks, lots of Stormtroopers, etc, you'd think the concept art and obscure stuff would be getting a little more attention. I personally was always more drawn to the concept art... to each their own.

But please, someone consider concept art 1/6 designs!!! I always wanted this Vader:

View attachment 503299

Sean

I have the Kotobukiya statue of that painting. That's one of my favorite SW images. Just looked it up, didn't realize it's in demand. I moved mine across the country and isn't in perfect shape anymore.

A few years back, Sideshow announced that they were going to produce 1/6 McQuarrie figures - I believe it was initially Vader, a Stormtrooper, and I THINK Boba Fett. But after releasing a few prototype pics, nothing more seemed to happen with the project. Too bad...

I have the Kotobukiya statue of that painting. That's one of my favorite SW images. Just looked it up, didn't realize it's in demand. I moved mine across the country and isn't in perfect shape anymore.

I have that too, I really like it. Do you guys have the Mcquarrie deluxe art book set?

I have an unpainted 1/6 resin McQuarrie stormtrooper helmet and shield in my parts bin. I bought them many years ago with the intention of making a custom but I never did.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

The McQ stuff seems to fall in line with the prop guys. I don’t think there’s a lot of demand in the “cheaper” markets. The guys who cast vader and stormtroope lids tend to go after (by building their own sometime) McQ.

Skylu3d july patreon rewards include it for 1:1 and 1:12. Just a case of rescaling in your slicer to make it 1:6

Sign up for this month, get the files, rescale, print, make the figure and also join his discord for a great community full of resources, info and advice. Win win win

Screenshot_20230627_201801_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20230627_201807_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20230627_201820_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I should add that I think June rewards included 1:6 Rogue One Stormtrooper armour

Back