Corrose Designs: Joker: "I know the squealers when I see ‘em..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok all, I have been working hard on this since the original post, I ended up scrapping the sculpt, resculpting it a little differently (more molding friendly) and have been trying out different casters. I think I have found someone I will be using, just trying to fine tune some details. As it stands this will be a 2 piece television (resin casts), an LED light source (non corded) that can swivel a full 360 degrees as well as a television image of your choice printed on backlit film. This is not a paper print out, I am using an actual film used by the companies who make the lightbox theater display posters. This film can take full color printing and the film diffuses light nicely.

In the final offering I am going to leave how you attach the front plate to the main TV body. In the photos I am showing here, they are not permanently attached, this allows you to access the light with ease, but you can choose to install a hinge, magnet, etc.

The TV image does not have to be this one, if there are other 1/6 scenes you are trying to re-create, but this is the primary one I wanted to make for myself.

What do you guys think?

vrhg.jpg

yqql.jpg

xhob.jpg

f5li.jpg

mcam.jpg

5ef5.jpg

dqla.jpg

Hey guys, I'm sculpted and printed some outlet plates with a plug built into one of the outlets. I'm going to be running a flexible wire from the back of each TV into the hole in the plug. You will then be able to mount this outlet onto the wall of your diorama to sell in the effect.

lqc9.jpg

I just keep thinking of the Russian mobster's line during the mob scene where he asks "How much you want?", haha (damn my inability to make topical gifs!). This would be a neat little accessory to add to a lot of dios and I like that the pic can be changed.

Yeah I hope that is one of the selling points when I post the actual offering, if you want additional TV scenes, you don't have to buy a whole new TV or kit, I can just do slide inserts. It's odd that in TDK the TV used was one of the bulky CRT Televisions, but they did. However this item may be perfect for 80's era 1/6 where this TV type was common!

Yeah I hope that is one of the selling points when I post the actual offering, if you want additional TV scenes, you don't have to buy a whole new TV or kit, I can just do slide inserts. It's odd that in TDK the TV used was one of the bulky CRT Televisions, but they did. However this item may be perfect for 80's era 1/6 where this TV type was common!
This was my thought (personally I think it'd work great with horror movies like Poltergeist, The Ring, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, etc -- acknowledging it wouldn't always be screen accurate, but sure would add to the display). In all the dios I can imagine, it's actually a plus that it's a CRT.

Also, that's great that you'd offer the slide inserts, Corrose, as I wasn't sure how I'd source those. Definitely now in the seriously interested list. :)

Thats awesome. :hi5:

Now I really want a reason to use this. Gotta try to think of a new dio idea. :lol

Last edited:
I reworked the socket plate sculpt, defining the grooves more pronounced, and added a screw inbetween the outlets.
Also sourced a flexible cord which works perfect for the plug cord.

3o1gb.jpg

I'm definitely grabbing this when you start up an interest thread! This is a MUST have for my Joker set up! Great work!!

Back