Corrose Designs: Joker: "I know the squealers when I see ‘em..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Reaction score
This was a project I have had in my head for several months, but was on hold until I could print the parts myself. Took a lot of work to put together but I think it's a pretty cool piece!

Here is what I wanted to make:

do3m.jpg

ZBrush Sculpt

yeeo.jpg

The raw 3D print:

o0g3.jpg

UPDATE: 2-12-15
As many of you know I had the most absolute tragedy in my family last year. It goes without saying all custom work was put on hold. This was one of my projects I was wrapping up right before everything started happening in my life. In my attempt to try to pick up the pieces a little and dip my toes back into the water, I wanted to offer up the Television sets I had completed. 5 total. These are in hand and ready to ship. If the demand exceeds these pieces I might consider a smaller second run, but honestly these took a LOT of work to complete, so at this point I'm just trying to recover some up front on my end.

So here is the skinny on what all is going on here.

- 2 Part television sculpted digitally by me, and 3D printed myself

- Molds were made for both halves and cast in black resin

- Movie image was printed on a backlit film using solvent inks. This is important to point out because this is not printed on some junk paper. I am using what professional theaters use for movie posters when you see them in light boxes. It's a waterproof film, and the inks will not fade or smudge. This film is designed to diffuse light and pass it through to the other side.

- Mini LED light installed inside the body of the television. Inside is painted white because white reflects light and bounces that light back outside providing a very powerful glow from inside the TV set. Each order will come with a replacement light.

- Back panel sculpted, printed and attached to give something that the TV plug cord hooks into

- TV cord is a real wire, has a copper filament in the middle.

- Each order comes with a 3D printed wall outlet that the other end of the cord fits into. You can choose to sticky tack the outlet to your diorama wall to sell in the illusion the set is plugged in, or you can cut the wire off altogether, your call.

- Where the 2 halves of the set meet, there is no permanent attachment. I leave it up to you if you want to install a magnet system, or glue it on. I have left them separate because if the light goes out, you need to be able to access it. The front plate and TV body will stand up together without falling on their own if you just want to leave it separate.

- Price is $135 per set. Does not include shipping. Shipping will be based on where you live, and how fast you want to receive your order.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in any of the available sets.

Thanks

T7OcAQ.jpg

K3Dndx.jpg

7msFAi.jpg

aZciHw.jpg

GcS2eE.jpg

1c9AKn.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the kind words.
I'm not sure yet if I'm going to do any kind of full run or not...would just have to see if there is any solid interest or not.

At the very least, I'll probably sell this one as a "prototype" and whip up a couple more sets, but you guys let me know, what do you think?

Are you guys more inclined to buy a kit and save some cash, or do you prefer finished products?

This was a project I have had in my head for several months, but was on hold until I could print the parts myself. Took a lot of work to put together but I think it's a pretty cool piece!

Here is what I wanted to make:

do3m.jpg

ZBrush Sculpt

yeeo.jpg

The raw 3D print:

o0g3.jpg

I sourced out a mini LED light source that could run on batteries and was bright enough to sell in the effect:

mtwg.jpg

I then grabbed and cleaned up a still of the guy from the TDK Blu Ray and printed the insert on backlit film. This is the same film used in those light up movie posters at the theaters. Since this is a soft diffuse material, it disperses the light inside the TV very nicely, you don't see one hotspot right in the middle. It offers a believable glow behind the image to sell in the effect.

Some pics of the finished replica:

fse8.jpg

zqx5.jpg

nswk.jpg

qym1.jpg

Dude, you can do it all! Love it!!!:clap

Back