Corrose Designs: Joker: "I know the squealers when I see ‘em..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sick!!!!!!!!

Must be freakin awesome to have a 3d printer in your house just think of anything you want you can just make it. crazy

I'd be interested in this for sure!

I'd most likely do the kit - but would love to see the price of both a kit and finished.

This was a project I have had in my head for several months, but was on hold until I could print the parts myself. Took a lot of work to put together but I think it's a pretty cool piece!

Here is what I wanted to make:

do3m.jpg

ZBrush Sculpt

yeeo.jpg

The raw 3D print:

o0g3.jpg

I sourced out a mini LED light source that could run on batteries and was bright enough to sell in the effect:

mtwg.jpg

I then grabbed and cleaned up a still of the guy from the TDK Blu Ray and printed the insert on backlit film. This is the same film used in those light up movie posters at the theaters. Since this is a soft diffuse material, it disperses the light inside the TV very nicely, you don't see one hotspot right in the middle. It offers a believable glow behind the image to sell in the effect.

Some pics of the finished replica:

fse8.jpg

zqx5.jpg

nswk.jpg

qym1.jpg

That is awesome! Very nice work you should do some terminator stuff lol

thats an amazing addon to the joker diorama, nice job sir! with a little more weathering, I think it'll be perfect

It always bothered me that they just put a TV up there and it has the capability to do a VTC (Video Teleconference)

For 6 years I managed Video Teleconferences and let me tell you it takes more than slapping an oldschool tv on the desk. :lol

Oh well! Still want one of these magical TV sets, that can do VTC, in my display

Back