Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet arsenal you have there FlyAndFight! thanks for sharing! the two tone P220 is on my list too as well as the regular black one. i love the Sig P220s!

awesome AR15! great looking darth earth tone colors on it.

i also have an Aero Precision lower with a A2 buttstock and LPK assembled to transfer this Friday for an AR57 i'm building out. the upper will have to wait though since i want to get a few handguns first. :D

sweet arsenal you have there FlyAndFight! thanks for sharing! the two tone P220 is on my list too as well as the regular black one. i love the Sig P220s!

awesome AR15! great looking darth earth tone colors on it.

i also have an Aero Precision lower with a A2 buttstock and LPK assembled to transfer this Friday for an AR57 i'm building out. the upper will have to wait though since i want to get a few handguns first. :D

Thanks, P1X4R! The SIG-P220 is probably the most accurate .45 ACP out of the box. Excellent handgun.

Looking forward to your pics. You've got the gun-bug bigtime!! :rock

nice setup Fly!
is that the new pmag level mag?

Thanks, Mikey! That indeed is the windowed P-Mag. P-Mags are excellent mags but the windowed ones are a no biggie for me. If I wanted to see how many rounds I have left, I would probably go with the "Lancer" mags, which allow you to see through them and view the entire load. The windowed P-Mags only allow the viewing of about 5-10 rounds.

Excellent thread. Just discovered it now.

Been a firearm aficianado for a long time.

Every American home should have at least the following:

AR-15

AR-15 with quad-rail, ARMS flip-up BUIS, Aimpoint M2, Surefire light, Tango Down VFG, Magpul grip and Vltor E-Mod stock.

Too many others to list... ;)

I am interested in getting one of these. I know it's custom but where do I start? i called gander mountain and they have AR-15's. Should I just get the base model and then buy parts and put them on myself?

I am interested in getting one of these. I know it's custom but where do I start? i called gander mountain and they have AR-15's. Should I just get the base model and then buy parts and put them on myself?

yeah, start with a basic AR-15 m4 style. my brand is bushmaster, but there are a bunch of manufacturers. to lighten the load on after market parts try and go for an optics ready carbine. meaning that the upper receiver will have a rail rather than the carry handle and some sort of rail system on the forend.

i did some work on my baby this week.
bushmaster/panther hybrid, knights rail, knights foregrip, surefire rail mount halogen, trijicon acog with IR crosshairs/mounted RMR reflex, gg&g BUIS, milspec mags/magpul ranger plate, vltor emod stock, tango down battlegrip, vickers cobra quick adjust padded sling, ghetto multicam paint scheme by me.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

tools of the trade.
watermark.php

yeah, start with a basic AR-15 m4 style. my brand is bushmaster, but there are a bunch of manufacturers. to lighten the load on after market parts try and go for an optics ready carbine. meaning that the upper receiver will have a rail rather than the carry handle and some sort of rail system on the forend.

Cool thanks for the advice. I am going gun shopping this weekend. Won't be able to purchase for a little bit but at least now I know what i am looking for.

i did some work on my baby this week.
bushmaster/panther hybrid, knights rail, knights foregrip, surefire rail mount halogen, trijicon acog with IR crosshairs/mounted RMR reflex, gg&g BUIS, milspec mags/magpul ranger plate, vltor emod stock, tango down battlegrip, vickers cobra quick adjust padded sling, ghetto multicam paint scheme by me.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

tools of the trade.
watermark.php

No other word to describe this but BADASS!! The more pictures i see the more I want one. How did you paint it? spray paint? Man forget the mortgage i want one of these.

No other word to describe this but BADASS!! The more pictures i see the more I want one. How did you paint it? spray paint? Man forget the mortgage i want one of these.

yup, it's that fancy designer stuff from lowes and cheap krylon with a dull coat to keep the weather out.

it's a work in progress, took me 7 years to get it where it is.

and about as much as a mortgage payment :lol

trying to get some pmags, but NY is tough on that stuff

my Sig arrived at my FFL yesterday. paperwork starts on Friday! :chew

also, i just got back from taking and passing the HSC (handgun safety certificate). man, i don't know why i bothered studying for it. the guy looked at my completed test for three seconds before saying, "congratulations, you scored 100". hmmmm... i know there were a few trick questions that i wondered about but i guess it doesn't matter now. i can officially buy handguns!! :banana

truthfully i've been avoiding this test for the longest time. i was kinda scared that i wouldn't pass. LOL. everyone says it's the easiest test ever. if you failed then well.. :lol

anywayz. yay me! :gun
Congrats man, we would love to see some pics of it :cool:

I'm thinking of getting an AK-47 before they get banned again. What would be recommended for someone like me who's on a budget? I've heard the Romanian CIA Wasr-10 is very good.

Great collections guys :gun :cool:

Last edited:
Great pictures everyone. My brother is in the military and he got me into guns a few years ago. I've been a collector of 1911's which I love to customize. Gun collecting has become an addicting but fun habit and I have met some good friends who are also gun collectors.

I'm thinking of getting an AK-47 before they get banned again. What would be recommended for someone like me who's on a budget? I've heard the Romanian CIA Wasr-10 is very good.

the Saiga's made by Russian American Armory are fairly inexpensive.

Back