Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been a collector of 1911's which I love to customize.

a 1911 is on my list of guns to purchase next. i want something high end. i've looked at S&W's performance center, Kimber, and Wilson Combat. it's so hard to decide. i also have to deal whether they are CA compliant too. ugh. :banghead

Nerdy Black Guy said:
Gun collecting has become an addicting but fun habit and I have met some good friends who are also gun collectors.

i hear ya! i've been totally obsessed with it. :banana

it's been great talking to co-workers and gun enthusiasts at the range.

Went to Gander mountain this weekend. An AR-15 is currently priced at $1050. I went to a couple websitews and they quoted them a little lower depending on configuration. Anyone have a trusted website they buy from? Also do you need any special papers to have these things delivered to your house?

Went to Gander mountain this weekend. An AR-15 is currently priced at $1050. I went to a couple websitews and they quoted them a little lower depending on configuration. Anyone have a trusted website they buy from? Also do you need any special papers to have these things delivered to your house?

websites won't deliver to homes, you have to have a federally licensed dealer to receive the gun for you.

the Saiga's made by Russian American Armory are fairly inexpensive.

Shot a saiga .223 over the weekend. FUN!!! First time shooting a .223. It was very easy to work with. two things surprized me... how loud it was and how far it ejected the cartrages.. about 18 feet. :lol

DD's Ranch online store is where i bought my Smith & Wesson AR15 from. Dean is a great guy to deal with.

btw, firearms can not ship directly to you. they must be shipped to an FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer in your area.

https://www.gunbroker.com/user/DealerNetwork.asp

my FFL charges $70 and $25 for DROS (Dealer Record of Sale)

So do you broker all purchases through the dealer? Meaning you pay the dealer when the merchandise is delivered?

Bud's Gun Shop has a great name for low prices and great service.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

yes, pretty much concerning handguns and shipped firearms. depending on your local laws, you could go to a gun shop and buy a rifle over the counter.

Yeah here in PA i can just go in and buy a rifle over the counter the same day. I have a permit to carry so i can also do that with handguns as well where it takes someone without a permit 7 to 10 days to get it.

I have another question for all the military vets and active duty servicemen... I have had people tell me that after they got out of the military they were able to keep their weapon. Is this true or is it only true in some cases or just plain out false?

ah, you're not too far from me, relatively speaking.

false, unless they were ww2/korea vets. in all the victory chaos it was easy to send your guns home or have family send you a backup gun in the post.

today you can't even leave the company area without paperwork for your weapon. you have to sign for it every time it leaves the arms room. and turn in copies of said paperwork when you turn in the weapon. the only thing weapon wise i have leftover is a bunch of 30 rd mags. we had a guy in our unit who was sent a sawed off to him in iraq, they busted him hard and drummed him out of the army, then filed criminal charges against his dad, whom had sent him the gun.

now a days with the rise in "fraggin" (fratricide) weapon accountability is even worse.

funny story, when i was evac'd after taking a bullet, the air force made me turn in my leatherman and my civie boot knife for the flight, BUT, they had no problem with the two frag grenades on my assault vest.

Do you guys kill some stuff at least with them..?

with what? the overlooked frag grenades or my m4?

i turned in the grenades before boarding the plane, i had no need for them, nor did i want to get caught by someone smarter than the airman who took my knives.

as for the m4 ............ :naughty, i've got a nice resume'.

Yeah here in PA i can just go in and buy a rifle over the counter the same day. I have a permit to carry so i can also do that with handguns as well where it takes someone without a permit 7 to 10 days to get it.

I have another question for all the military vets and active duty servicemen... I have had people tell me that after they got out of the military they were able to keep their weapon. Is this true or is it only true in some cases or just plain out false?

False story John. No way you are getting any weapons today unless you know someone special. :cool:

So do you broker all purchases through the dealer? Meaning you pay the dealer when the merchandise is delivered?

i pay the online store for the firearm and the local FFL dealer DROS and his $70 fee for him receiving it. fees varies though. i could have it for $50 at a nearby gunshop but it's much easier to deal with this guy i know.

GREAT thread, keep it going. My dad has collected since Vietnam and I have a small collection. Love looking at everyone's pics. :rock

ah, you're not too far from me, relatively speaking.

false, unless they were ww2/korea vets. in all the victory chaos it was easy to send your guns home or have family send you a backup gun in the post.

today you can't even leave the company area without paperwork for your weapon. you have to sign for it every time it leaves the arms room. and turn in copies of said paperwork when you turn in the weapon. the only thing weapon wise i have leftover is a bunch of 30 rd mags. we had a guy in our unit who was sent a sawed off to him in iraq, they busted him hard and drummed him out of the army, then filed criminal charges against his dad, whom had sent him the gun.

now a days with the rise in "fraggin" (fratricide) weapon accountability is even worse.

funny story, when i was evac'd after taking a bullet, the air force made me turn in my leatherman and my civie boot knife for the flight, BUT, they had no problem with the two frag grenades on my assault vest.

That is what i thought. I can't remember who told me that but it was awhile back. I didn't believe them then but i just wanted to know. Thanks.

Back