Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many guns must one own before they can be considered a collector? :)

I currently have a Remington side-by-side 12 gauge. I am looking around for a good price on a .22 rifle. I am seriously thinking about picking up a couple of less expensive composite stock 22's. At some point after I acquire that, I would like to pick up a Luger or S&W 357. These are just "meat-and-potatoes" guns for home defense and hunting, and not really a collection. I also have a crossbow.

If I were to splurge on a couple of guns, I would want a Walther P99 and a H&K UMP in 45. Gotta love Bond.

I've missed this thread for a while. Let me try to catch up!

funny story, when i was evac'd after taking a bullet, the air force made me turn in my leatherman and my civie boot knife for the flight, BUT, they had no problem with the two frag grenades on my assault vest.

That is hilarious! :lol :lol :lol

+1 for Bud's Gun Shop! this is where i purchased my Sig P220 Combat pistol from. fast shipping!

tomorrow can't come any sooner!! :banana

Another +1 for Bud's Gun Shop! I purchased a Beretta Neos .22LR pistol for my daughter from them. Best price anywhere and super-fast shipping.

at last! my 10 day waiting period is over! i picked it up today. sweeet!!

the night sights glow in low light! nice!

IMG_7162.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

here's a few quick pics. i didn't have time to set up so they're a bit dark. the pics make the grip stand out but it's really not like that in person. it blends well with the frame. i bought a set of black grips but i think i'll just hold onto them for spare. i'm really liking the "darth earth" tone colors on it. i can't wait to shoot this baby! :gun

IMG_7154.jpg

IMG_7155.jpg

edited out the gun's serial number. a bit sloppy but it works.

IMG_7156.jpg

IMG_7157.jpg

IMG_7158.jpg

Very nice piece. I also think it's great how you posed it over Pixars Woody character since he is the sheriff :lol

damn it, none of the dealers in a 50 mile radius have a kimber tactical entry 2. gotta get one on back order, gonna have to wait MONTHS for one.

argh. oh well, give me time to save for it.

i missed my opportunity last night on getting a Kimber Gold Match Stainless II. it sold out this morning. :monkey2

i'm thinking of getting a S&W 1911-like pistol instead.

here's a few quick pics. i didn't have time to set up so they're a bit dark. the pics make the grip stand out but it's really not like that in person. it blends well with the frame. i bought a set of black grips but i think i'll just hold onto them for spare. i'm really liking the "darth earth" tone colors on it. i can't wait to shoot this baby! :gun

IMG_7154.jpg

Wow Pix4r, that looks great man :cool: Enjoy it :gun

Do Sigs not have a safty?

my Sig P220 manual says, "The automatic firing pin lock ensures safe carrying of the weapon and provides instant readiness without actuating a manual safety. The double action feature and the absence of manual safeties make it easier for you to get off a quick first shot."

my Sig P220 manual says, "The automatic firing pin lock ensures safe carrying of the weapon and provides instant readiness without actuating a manual safety. The double action feature and the absence of manual safeties make it easier for you to get off a quick first shot."

my usp is dao/lem super light ( > 4 lbs) trigger. but i chose to keep the safety in the highly unlikely case someone plucks it from my holster. most dummies forget guns have safeties and start puling the trigger the second they get their hands on it. i figure with the safety engaged i've got a extra half second to "reacquire" my piece before they know what happened. yeah, i'm that fast.

mine is DA/SA. Sig also makes a P220 SA only model which does have a safety. btw, the trigger pull on mine in DA (double action) mode is 10 lbs and 4.4 lbs in SA (single action) mode.

i had thought all modern pistol firearms had safety switches. just another system to get used to. i suppose putting it in DA mode with that heavy trigger pull helps. always be mindful of your surroundings.

yeah, the gun doesn't come out unless the person is getting shot. i've never had to draw on an unruly subject, i just use my stunning personality and a little japanese jiu jitsu to end a situation, which is rare in itself.

unless it's paper, than it has to be shot, it just asks for it.

my trigger is super light but it has a long pull and a sudden stop before the break, so you KNOW what's happening before it happens. it takes a lot of drilling to get it reflexive though.

Do you all have a good FFL dealer in your state or do they over charge you? There is a few good ones in Southern California but there are a lot more rip off artists.

Do you all have a good FFL dealer in your state or do they over charge you? There is a few good ones in Southern California but there are a lot more rip off artists.

Whats the basic charge in Cali for a transfer? The Dealer I use here in Texas bills me 40 bucks per transfer....

$40 bucks is a good price. i've had one charge me $50. the guy i'm going through now charges me $70 but he's easy to deal with. that alone is worth the extra change. i like the convenience of ordering through a reputable online dealer which has a solid relationship with my FFL guy. no hassles and great prices! btw, i'll be getting this next gun at the end of the month.

MSW1911_SW170243.jpg

picking up a kimber tactical custom 2 tomorrowish and having a great local gunsmith put a novak rail on the frame. they don't have any NY compliant tactical entry's anywhere i can find.

sweet baby pix, i always felt the side extractor took away from the classic lines of the 1911, but other than that it's a sweet piece

my guy charges $35 for xfers. there's one guy in my town who does it for 20 but he's hard to pin down.

Opinions.... on handguns...

What caliber is most recomended. 9mm, .40, or .45acp?

I don't want anything that will kick too hard... but I don't want a .22LR either.

I've shot a .32 which was'nt bad at all.

Back