Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys have some awesome collections. This is something I'd like to get into someday, but it's a bit more difficult in Canada, unfortunately. I remember looking into getting a Luger someday, and unfortunately it's impossible unless someone who already owns one and was grandfathered gives one to you. Oh, and I think he has to be a relative. LAME. I'd also like to get an old Snider-Enfield rifle at some point, for sentimental purposes.

I'd really like to get a nice automatic pistol to practice on. Unfortunately, we Navy guys don't get enough practice on them. We use Sig 9mm, but I don't know if I'd want one of those. I love the classic looks of the various Colt .45s out there, but I've never shot a .45. Any recommendations for a first one?

springfield, kimber, wilson combat, are all very good 1911 model 45's
sig make a good 45 very similar to your 9
based on my experiences, hk makes a great 45. the action feels sooo smooth and it's very accurate.

i just got into guns this year. i bought my first one last feb. so far i have six rifles

Springfield M1A Socom 16 (.308)
Smith & Wesson M&P15FT AR15 (.223)
H&K USC (black) .45
H&K USC (grey) .45
H&K SL8 (.223)
GSG-5 (.22LR)

i have yet to shoot them all. i've only been out to the range twice in the last couple of months. i'm having a great time though. it's quite addicting! i figure i'll buy at least another five more. currently i'm looking at building an AR57. i've almost got a complete lower built out.
:drool, I'm envious.

Kimber 1911's are excellent. My boyfriend was in the military and he swears by Kimber. Your first handgun should definitely be a 1911.

Our first date he took me to a shooting range. :lol I'm not a normal girl so I didn't mind at all. We both also like to go to the mountains and practice with our "toys".
Awesome. Excuse my ignorance, I had no idea you were a member of the much fairer sex. I think it's great that women shoot. I'm sure there is not much more that ruins a would be rapist day then staring down the barrel of a gun.

ok, i think i'm pretty close to finally getting my first handgun (pistol). i'm primarily interested in a handgun that shoots the .45ACP caliber. i've looked at guns by Glock, HK, the 1911's by Kimber, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory and Wilson Combat. all very awesome pieces with equally awesome price$! i may end up getting one of them eventually but for now i'm leaning towards a Sig Sauer P220. the model i'm looking at has a "dark earth" finish to it. not exactly your typical black gun but it somehow catches my eye. here's some pics i found of it

"Sig-Sauer P220 Combat"

https://lundestudio.com/sigs.html

ok, i think i'm pretty close to finally getting my first handgun (pistol). i'm primarily interested in a handgun that shoots the .45ACP caliber. i've looked at guns by Glock, HK, the 1911's by Kimber, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory and Wilson Combat. all very awesome pieces with equally awesome price$! i may end up getting one of them eventually but for now i'm leaning towards a Sig Sauer P220. the model i'm looking at has a "dark earth" finish to it. not exactly your typical black gun but it somehow catches my eye. here's some pics i found of it

"Sig-Sauer P220 Combat"

https://lundestudio.com/sigs.html

nice piece. i messed with one at bragg. not too shabby at all. personally i like the all black better, but it's a good and accurate gun either way.

my Sig arrived at my FFL yesterday. paperwork starts on Friday! :chew

also, i just got back from taking and passing the HSC (handgun safety certificate). man, i don't know why i bothered studying for it. the guy looked at my completed test for three seconds before saying, "congratulations, you scored 100". hmmmm... i know there were a few trick questions that i wondered about but i guess it doesn't matter now. i can officially buy handguns!! :banana

truthfully i've been avoiding this test for the longest time. i was kinda scared that i wouldn't pass. LOL. everyone says it's the easiest test ever. if you failed then well.. :lol

anywayz. yay me! :gun

Let us know how your Sig does.. I thought about getting one over the AR, but they are expensive!!!

What made you decide on a Sig?

will do. i go to the range once a month.

i decided on it after i shot my friend's P220. up next (after 30 days).. Kimber 1911. :rock

Excellent thread. Just discovered it now.

Been a firearm aficianado for a long time.

Every American home should have at least the following:

AR-15
AK-47
Remington 870
Ruger 10/22
Glock 19
A rifle in 30.06

Here are just a few members of the family:

First off, for P1X4R:
SIG P-220 two-tone with Crimson Trace laser grips and TLR-1 light

AR-15 with quad-rail, ARMS flip-up BUIS, Aimpoint M2, Surefire light, Tango Down VFG, Magpul grip and Vltor E-Mod stock.

Arsenal SLR-107FR (7.62 x 39)

Arsenal SLR-105R (5.45 x 39)

Too many others to list... ;)

Back