Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to get one of the Taurus 1911's. Everyone who owns one raves about them.

1911-web.jpg

That is real nice. :rock

Everything with guns has gone up brother since Obama took office in Nov 2008. You can't find any handgun ammo at Wal Mart now because of this.

luckily for maniacs like us, nothing will ever come of it. there's just too many gun responsible owners/supporters to go out and round up all the firearms. in a way it's good, it's revived interest and expanded awareness of 2nd amendment issues. it sucks, because it's artificially driven demand. (which now that i think about it, that was one hell of a strategy the gun lobby used to drive demand.)

I use to buy a hundred .45 bullets at Wal-Mart for $19.99. Great deal. :rock

For years I've been a collector of 1911 pistols that I've customized. I also have several rifles and some old Remington and Colt Navy revolvers that I have preserved. I even collect medieval weapons and swords especially Samurai Katanas.

Post some of your guns and katanas when you get a chance. I hear there real nice. By the way when are you coming back to California? We might want to buy some stuff from you.

this seems oddly appropriate.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/6yJ7cfr9Lso&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/6yJ7cfr9Lso&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Not necessarily a gun collector, but I carry a .38 snubby and I'm building a custom 16" AR-15 on a Bushmaster lower.

Oh, and I'd pass on the Taurus 1911 and get a stock GI Model from Springfield.

bingo! but that wasn't the vid :lol

it was a history of the ar/m-16 and it's future.

i knew it was a gas piston driven system, but i didn't know how much more efficient it was over the gas tube.

btw, did you guys catch last night's "Deadliest Warrior"? i think it was a repeat episode. they had the Taliban vs the IRA (Irish Republican Army). they compared the various weapons used by each side. of particular interest was the AR15 vs AK47.

it's really about tradeoffs. accuracy, take down power, reliability. if i were to choose i'd go for an M14 (M1A). :D

You guys have some awesome collections. This is something I'd like to get into someday, but it's a bit more difficult in Canada, unfortunately. I remember looking into getting a Luger someday, and unfortunately it's impossible unless someone who already owns one and was grandfathered gives one to you. Oh, and I think he has to be a relative. LAME. I'd also like to get an old Snider-Enfield rifle at some point, for sentimental purposes.

I'd really like to get a nice automatic pistol to practice on. Unfortunately, we Navy guys don't get enough practice on them. We use Sig 9mm, but I don't know if I'd want one of those. I love the classic looks of the various Colt .45s out there, but I've never shot a .45. Any recommendations for a first one?

GUNS??!! Now we're talking!!
I've had many guns over the past few years, I go hunting with a mate of mine shooting pigs and roos. Right now all I own is a Marlin.22, Marlin.44 lever and an old .303 Australian Savage from 1942. I'll be picking up a new Remington 300winmag soon.
I used to shoot pistols as well. Did a lot of metallic silohette shooting with .44's. Owned a .44 Desert Eagle, .44 Smith and Wesson, .454 Taurus Raging Bull...the list goes on.
I pulled out of pistol shooting just recently, it's getting too hard to keep handguns here in Oz now with all the new laws.
I recently visited the states and stayed in Vegas for about four days. Shot a heap of machine guns there at a range. Had a ball!
Safe shooting!:gun

You guys have some awesome collections. This is something I'd like to get into someday, but it's a bit more difficult in Canada, unfortunately. I remember looking into getting a Luger someday, and unfortunately it's impossible unless someone who already owns one and was grandfathered gives one to you. Oh, and I think he has to be a relative. LAME. I'd also like to get an old Snider-Enfield rifle at some point, for sentimental purposes.

I'd really like to get a nice automatic pistol to practice on. Unfortunately, we Navy guys don't get enough practice on them. We use Sig 9mm, but I don't know if I'd want one of those. I love the classic looks of the various Colt .45s out there, but I've never shot a .45. Any recommendations for a first one?

I used to have an HK USP Match in .45(the Lara Croft gun). Excellent for target shooting!

btw, did you guys catch last night's "Deadliest Warrior"? i think it was a repeat episode. they had the Taliban vs the IRA (Irish Republican Army). they compared the various weapons used by each side. of particular interest was the AR15 vs AK47.

it's really about tradeoffs. accuracy, take down power, reliability. if i were to choose i'd go for an M14 (M1A). :D
Yes, that's a very good episode of the Deadliest Warrior.

I really liked the one where the Green Beret soldiers took on the Russian Spetsnaz soldiers too :gun

this is weird to me. i understand the physics and the knock down of the 556 vs the 762 x 39 but the variables involved really throw me for a loop.

it took me 7 shots to the torso to put a guy down at 100 yards with an m4. BUT the guy i shot in the head exploded like a m80 in a toilet.

one of my guys got hit by friendly in a live fire ex. the damage that one 556 did was unbelievable. it flayed the skin off his forearm from wrist to elbow. the second one hit him in the love handle and looked like a pin prick going in, but looked like a shark bite coming out.

i got hit by a ak47 round in the hand. it left a bullet sized entry on the back of my hand and left a kennedy half dollar exit that took most of the inner workings of my thumb with it on the side. another of my guys got hit with the same burst in the knees the entry and exits were similar. he was up walking within a month luckily.

i guess the newer 6.8 is the happy median, but it's still too new to be proven and much harder to come by. i don't know, i'm just blabbing.

Back