Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
considering how much i blow on SS toys, a scar is a pittance. :lol

the 5.7 in ok, i messed with one at bragg, problem is ammo. it's not common enough to hit the local walmart or whatever. great for armored targets, but no real stopping power much like the 556 round. it took me 5 rounds to put a guy down at 100 yards, all torso shots with an m4. but i still love it. i made sure i could do head shots at 200 before i decided to stay with the lower caliber.

i love hk's but i can't hit good groups with certainty outside of 10 yards with my usp. 3 inch barrel is the culprit i believe. i used to give silhouettes eyes at 20 yards with a 1911. i'm gonna try some different drills, if they don't produce results in a month, i'll go with the kimber. i want a wilson, but i don't want to wait a year before they can build it.

hey guys...

I'm looking at...

AR
AK
Saiga 12.gag

or possible a Sig

any one have any input?

Thanks

the prices have gone up for the Saigas from a few years ago but they're still priced fairly low.

$400 Saiga 7.62x39mm
$400 Saiga 223
$600 Saiga 308

i don't have any experience shooting them though. i believe they're made where the original AK47s are from (Izhmash, Russia).

i just got my AR15 so i'm still new with it. i've already experienced a few jams on my first session but it looks like it's the mag that i was using. i gave it to my friend who experienced jams with it also. the retailer i bought it from is replacing it. btw, it's a converted 10/20 Magpul.

the 5.7 in ok, i messed with one at bragg, problem is ammo. it's not common enough to hit the local walmart or whatever. great for armored targets, but no real stopping power much like the 556 round.

ammo for it is easier to purchase online but yeah.. it's not a common one to buy at your local walmart. besides.. armor piercing rounds are illegal for civilian use. only law enforcement or military.

oh, as for shotguns.. i'll most likely get a Remington. pump or semi. not sure yet. i already have 500rds of 00 buckshot. Benelli's are nice but are a pretty penny.

doing a different kind of "shooting" than photos huh Ed? Awesome pieces you have there!

hey guys...

I'm looking at...

AR
AK
Saiga 12.gag

or possible a Sig

any one have any input?

Thanks

AR imo. bushmaster, panther, are some of the better manufacturers. just google a list, there's dozens of makes.

i like it because of the plethora of aftermarket parts you can throw into it to make it "one with you"

ak is meh. i got one for $100 just cause i got shot by one and wanted to know what the other end was like. they're not really made with pride any more. just tossed together.

sigs pistols are great. i've used a few and can't complain.

just looking at saiga, not impressed.

hehe Chad. there's also optics/scopes! Trijicon and Leupold's are L glass which means $$$.

dude!!!!.....i got an acog ta01 for the sandbox, but the mail took so long i got it after i came home. i love it, i just put the rwr on top of it for cqb. both of those could have bought me 2 rifles.

ammo for it is easier to purchase online but yeah.. it's not a common one to buy at your local walmart. besides.. armor piercing rounds are illegal for civilian use. only law enforcement or military.

standard over the counter .223 WILL pierce all but sapi plates. you can also get tungsten "green tip" .223 online from most surplus places. i don't know about CA, but i can in NY. but i'm not planning on shooting at guys with ceramic armor.

part of me misses NC where they gave you ammo with your groceries and guns at restaurants.

:rock:rock:rock
the post fairy just dropped off my new multicam vickers sling. it has a self contained quick length adjust for L/R transitions and a heavy duty QD for getting loose.

did i mention multicam?

sweet toys Mikey! wow, a Scar 17! that's serious $$$!

btw, i've decided to switch gears on handguns. i think i'm going to pass on the 5ive7even and go for two .45ACP guns. S&W Model 325 Thunder Ranch Revolver and M&P45. i want something with more ooomph. :D the 5.7 is nice though. low recoil and easier target re-acquisition. bummer because i already have 6K rounds for it. lol. it's not a complete waste though since i'll have an AR57. plink, plink! :)

i'd love a Kimber 1911... we'll see..

Kimber 1911's are excellent. My boyfriend was in the military and he swears by Kimber. Your first handgun should definitely be a 1911.

Our first date he took me to a shooting range. :lol I'm not a normal girl so I didn't mind at all. We both also like to go to the mountains and practice with our "toys".

Kimber 1911's are excellent. My boyfriend was in the military and he swears by Kimber. Your first handgun should definitely be a 1911.

Our first date he took me to a shooting range. :lol I'm not a normal girl so I didn't mind at all. We both also like to go to the mountains and practice with our "toys".

i've had 7 handguns over the past few years. i strayed from the 1911's mainly due to the ease of maintenance of hk's. but i'm a much better shot with a tactical 1911. that and the kimber factory is about 2 hours from my house since they moved to ny. couple of buds of mine in delta switch between hks an 1911 depending on the mission.

A friend of ours bought a pimped out gold Desert Eagle handgun and let me tell you I did not like the feel on that one. Yuck :monkey4

me either. no real point to that thing other than bragging rights, and that counts for very little on a two way rifle range :lol

Just look at this women bang her head with a Desert Eagle. And on the 2nd video that muscle man can barely handle the kick.
<object height="344" width="425">
<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/dFJjaj7pXsA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/KkYP8VzlvZY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

i always consider that any firearm i purchase has the potential to some day become a home defense weapon. lately i've been flip flopping on what to buy for my first handgun. i recently shot my friend's .44 magnum revolver. it was nice but i didn't like the recoil. it's not that i didn't like the power. it was awesome but i'm more interested in controlled power.

I would like to get one of the Taurus 1911's. Everyone who owns one raves about them.

1911-web.jpg

Back