1/6 Group Petition to recall the Hot Toys MMS 220 - The Wolverine Headsculpt through SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, I'm disappointed in this forum and some of the idiots that replied to this thread. Thanks for (the very few) people that supported the idea.

I did actually cancel this POS (ATTENTION PRIMITIVE MORONS, I HAVE USED A VIABLE MEANS OF EXPRESSING MY DISSATISFACTION I HAVE SPOKEN WITH MY WALLET!), especially after seeing Neny Dee's review. THAT is not Hugh Juckman or the Wolverine.

The whole reason I didn't need to see in-hand pics is because the recent in-hand pics look just as ***** as OMG's, Plastic Enemenies' and other images that had surfaced before this latest batch.

Whatever happens though, to the people that do end up buying this figure that can only be described as some weird cross between George Michael and the guy that played Kano in the MK movie you are all idiots for buying this (yes, the joke is on you). Terrible, terrible figure.

I made the right choice in the end, it looks like the majority of HT fans/sheep did not.

You know what, I'm disappointed in this forum and some of the idiots that replied to this thread. Thanks for (the very few) people that supported the idea.

I did actually cancel this POS (ATTENTION PRIMITIVE MORONS, I HAVE USED A VIABLE MEANS OF EXPRESSING MY DISSATISFACTION I HAVE SPOKEN WITH MY WALLET!), especially after seeing Neny Dee's review. THAT is not Hugh Juckman or the Wolverine.

The whole reason I didn't need to see in-hand pics is because the recent in-hand pics look just as ***** as OMG's, Plastic Enemenies' and other images that had surfaced before this latest batch.

Whatever happens though, to the people that do end up buying this figure that can only be described as some weird cross between George Michael and the guy that played Kano in the MK movie you are all idiots for buying this (yes, the joke is on you). Terrible, terrible figure.

I made the right choice in the end, it looks like the majority of HT fans/sheep did not.

Interesting. You may have been called out a lot and laughed at, but I don't remember anyone calling you and IDIOT or a PRIMATIVE MORON.

You stay classy Boston.

Interesting. You may have been called out a lot and laughed at, but I don't remember anyone calling you and IDIOT or a PRIMATIVE MORON.

You stay classy Boston.

I did. In fact, where I come from honesty is appreciated. Just returning the favor, posting snarky comments and laughing is just as bad as what I just did.

I wish everyone the best of luck explaining who the hell their Hot Toys figures are meant to resemble.

I did. In fact, where I come from honesty is appreciated. Just returning the favor, posting snarky comments and laughing is just as bad as what I just did.

I wish everyone the best of luck explaining who the hell their Hot Toys figures are meant to resemble.

Why so bitter? Just go and buy your bootleg. I'll be getting one as well.

Why so bitter? I actually try to do something proactive about this whole situation, an I get made fun of and scrutinized.

And yes, I will proudly display that bootleg because even though it's still in development it already looks worlds better than HT's final product.

Too funny. It's a figure. Chill.

Honesty? About the figure? It is your opinion that it sucks. Thats not a matter of honesty. Thats just your opinion. Some people like it. That doesn't make them or you more right or wrong.

And when I last checked, name calling on this board is against the rules. Laughing at someone is not. So maybe those 2 are the same in your world, but....

Grow a pair dude... calling someone an idiot is justas offensive as posting ridiculouss memes.

My petition also DID NOT force anyone to sign it. I never forced my opinion on anyone, I just asked for people that shared it to band together.

I even asked for people that had a difference in opinion to not bother. I was polite throughout the whole thing until people started getting all high and mighty.

Last edited:
Grow a pair dude... calling someone an idiot is justas offensive as posting ridiculouss memes.

My petition also DID NOT force anyone to sign it. I never forced my opinion on anyone, I just asked for people that shared it to band together.

I even asked for people that had a difference in opinion to not bother. I was polite throughout the whole thing until people started getting all high and mighty.

Pretty classic telling me to grow a pair while crying about being laughed at.

Why so bitter? I actually try to do something proactive about this whole situation, an I get made fun of and scrutinized.

And yes, I will proudly display that bootleg because even though it's still in development it already looks worlds better than HT's final product.

I have no problem with the head sculpt. I think plenty of people will know exactly who it is. But honestly it's the best Wolverine so far so I'm happy with that.
You say you're buying the Wolfman because the in development pictures look better than Hot Toys final product. My question is though, if the Hot Toys sculpt looked that much better in prototype than it does in production, what makes you think the Wolfman sculpt will actually turn out as shown? How do we know it couldn't be the exact same situation as what happened with Hot Toys? Not trying to be a ****, just asking an honest question.

I can assure you, it wasn't the figure. It was the response of some of the people on these boards.

I hafta admit, when i first saw this thread on the Marvel section i was thinking... the guy that started this thread must b a sucker for punishment & abuse. :lol. I have seen quite a bit of these little "petition" threads, and they always seem to end up in bickering and arguing. It's fun as hell to watch though! Where's the popcorn, dammmit?!

You stay classy Boston.

Boom goes the dynamite! :rotfl

On topic: the head sculpt is not THAT bad, a little touch up to lighten the mustache would do wonders.

Y'all are acting like this sculpt is as bad as the Senor Stark sculpt we got with with the IM Mk 7 release, and nobody went petitioning that piece of crap!

HSRecallMMS220_zps8d998c4f.jpg

Actual Jackman/the Wolverine likeness:
attachment.php

Hi everyone,

I wanted to take the time to actually take measures against the inferior product that some of us are about to receive; the MMS 220 The Wolverine by Hot Toys. We've all been/stayed quiet during flawed HT releases, but I am really struggling thinking of another release that I was more dissatisfied with than this one. The final headsculpt is even worse than what we received with our Indiana Jones DX05.

Since Hot Toys is a company, and individual complaints are often disregarded, we are hoping that Sideshow will step up and process our municipal complaint on our behalf (ultimately hoping that HT will respond to SSC). Again, this complaint is not to SSC it is against HT's inferior product, we are simply asking SSC to process our complaint on our behalf (seeing as their claim as a retailer will have more merit with HT).

This thread is meant to show your (as a SSC customer who purchased this product) dissatisfaction and that you would like for SSC to contact Hot Toys on our behalf to get the current headsculpt recalled and reproduced to have a better likeness to Hugh Jackman as seen in the Wolverine.

Please, only reply to this thread if you agree that you want to see this done and if you purchased through SSC.

"Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in The Wolverine
- Head sculpt with real-like hair sculpture, facial expression, detailed wrinkles, beard, gesture and skin textures "

"Hot Toys is thrilled to present the new 1/6th scale Wolverine Collectible Figure from The Wolverine. The movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in the movie featuring a newly developed head sculpt, two styles of claws and costumes, and an engraved metal Japanese sword."

The following disclaimers do NOT make Hot Toys exempt:
"**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice "

The product is more than "slightly" different. In addition, the headsculpt bares no resemblence to "Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in The Wolverine."

Here is the list of people that (so far) have supported this actual petition:
1. Ralph_Sutter
2. stshammgod
3. Spekerol
4. ApeManRyan
5. FreedomAndGlory

Thanks!

- Ralph

Looking at those pictures, I honestly can't tell what the problem is. Everyone knows that the final production is never quite as good as the proto pics.

In fact, what am I doing here? I haven't even seen this film! I'm not even a fan of the character! ZOMG.
MY OPINION IS NOT VALID.

I hafta admit, when i first saw this thread on the Marvel section i was thinking... the guy that started this thread must b a sucker for punishment & abuse. :lol. I have seen quite a bit of these little "petition" threads, and they always seem to end up in bickering and arguing. It's fun as hell to watch though! Where's the popcorn, dammmit?!

250px-Wolverine.png

220px-Ralph_Wiggum.png

homer-eating-popcorn-small-c78_zps58b3241a.jpg

Looking at those pictures, I honestly can't tell what the problem is. Everyone knows that the final production is never quite as good as the proto pics.

In fact, what am I doing here? I haven't even seen this film! I'm not even a fan of the character! ZOMG.
MY OPINION IS NOT VALID.

U r here watching the internal combustion show, want some popcorn?

Fruitless endeavor with this petition. Hot Toys will continue to raise prices, and drop quality no matter how many sign some petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back