1/6 Group Petition to recall the Hot Toys MMS 220 - The Wolverine Headsculpt through SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph_Sutter

Super Freak
Reaction score
HSRecallMMS220_zps8d998c4f.jpg

Actual Jackman/the Wolverine likeness:
attachment.php

Hi everyone,

I wanted to take the time to actually take measures against the inferior product that some of us are about to receive; the MMS 220 The Wolverine by Hot Toys. We've all been/stayed quiet during flawed HT releases, but I am really struggling thinking of another release that I was more dissatisfied with than this one. The final headsculpt is even worse than what we received with our Indiana Jones DX05.

Since Hot Toys is a company, and individual complaints are often disregarded, we are hoping that Sideshow will step up and process our municipal complaint on our behalf (ultimately hoping that HT will respond to SSC). Again, this complaint is not to SSC it is against HT's inferior product, we are simply asking SSC to process our complaint on our behalf (seeing as their claim as a retailer will have more merit with HT).

This thread is meant to show your (as a SSC customer who purchased this product) dissatisfaction and that you would like for SSC to contact Hot Toys on our behalf to get the current headsculpt recalled and reproduced to have a better likeness to Hugh Jackman as seen in the Wolverine.

Please, only reply to this thread if you agree that you want to see this done and if you purchased through SSC.

"Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in The Wolverine
- Head sculpt with real-like hair sculpture, facial expression, detailed wrinkles, beard, gesture and skin textures "

"Hot Toys is thrilled to present the new 1/6th scale Wolverine Collectible Figure from The Wolverine. The movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in the movie featuring a newly developed head sculpt, two styles of claws and costumes, and an engraved metal Japanese sword."

The following disclaimers do NOT make Hot Toys exempt:
"**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice "

The product is more than "slightly" different. In addition, the headsculpt bares no resemblence to "Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in The Wolverine."

Here is the list of people that (so far) have supported this actual petition:
1. Ralph_Sutter
2. stshammgod
3. Spekerol
4. ApeManRyan
5. FreedomAndGlory

Thanks!

- Ralph

Last edited:
The final product certainly is inferior to the prototype, although that's usually the case. I'm in if it makes a difference.

Isn't the photo labelled 'Production' actually the repainted recast they're referring to as a 'custom' on Ebay?

I'm pretty sure the 'Protptype shown. Final product may be different' message they put on their photos means HT are covered for anyone who does not like the final sculpt. Lesson learnt = wait for in hand pictures before buying.

You can always return a product to SSC if you are unhappy...

You can whine and complain like the rest of us when the products aren't up to expectation, but they aren't going to replace the head.

They'll just "improve" it on the next Wolverine figure so you can buy the head loose and switch out. Saavy business men....

If a company is selling me a product under this pretense:

"Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in The Wolverine
- Head sculpt with real-like hair sculpture, facial expression, detailed wrinkles, beard, gesture and skin textures "

"Hot Toys is thrilled to present the new 1/6th scale Wolverine Collectible Figure from The Wolverine. The movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in the movie featuring a newly developed head sculpt, two styles of claws and costumes, and an engraved metal Japanese sword."

With the following disclaimers:
"**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice "

And the final product varies more than slightly and is not "Movie Accurate" in terms of the character's resemblence, I think I have every right to complain.

The problem is not Sideshow, they should NOT have to refund me or take my product back. Hot Toys shipped out an inferior (and rushed) product, and consumers should complain. If anyone needs to give the consumers their money back (en masse) it is HT.

Your attitudes are exactly what is going to keep situations like this from happening. If you don't agree with my petition, then simply don't reply to this thread. This thread is meant for customers that are dissatisfied with a product they have pre-ordered/paid for in full/spent SSC reward points on and are looking to make things happen in terms of a recall/replacement through HT.

If you don't think you can do anything about it through here, then don't reply and keep your thoughts to yourself. I wil add a list of actual supporters to the original post to keep track of how many people are actually "signing" this petition.

Isn't the photo labelled 'Production' actually the repainted recast they're referring to as a 'custom' on Ebay?

No, the image used on Ebay for the recast is an actual image of the production piece...so yes, it's THAT bad.

Last edited:
Has anyone actually recieved theirs for an inhand comparison ? Having said that , mine was ordered through Amiami. But if the final product is inferior as stated I will add my vote. But not sure if it helps since I didn't order it direct from SS ?

Don't tell people not to post on a public forum just because you don't want to hear the responses.

If you aren't willing to vote with your wallet by actually returning the product, then you aren't going to see anything resolved.

Aside from that point, personally think the quality of the product is pretty good. But I've been collecting 1/6th product for over 20 years so I have perspective.

The problem is the prices of these products are driving up higher than the quality on a consistent basis. The hobby needs a reshifting to affordable and fair quality products away from the unreasonable prices that come with unreasonable expectation.

Don't tell people not to post on a public forum just because you don't want to hear the responses.

If you aren't willing to vote with your wallet by actually returning the product, then you aren't going to see anything resolved.

Aside from that point, personally think the quality of the product is pretty good. But I've been collecting 1/6th product for over 20 years so I have perspective.

The problem is the prices of these products are driving up higher than the quality on a consistent basis. The hobby needs a reshifting to affordable and fair quality products away from the unreasonable prices that come with unreasonable expectation.

Firstly, me asking for others not to to post is not about me "not wanting to hear other's responses." I am just trying to keep things on topic, namely either you back the petition, or you don't.... There are already plenty of opinions in the actual MMS 220 thread.

Secondly, no-one buying through SSC or any other retailer is voting with their wallet. If you think you are, you are in disbelief. The only people that are hurting from our returns (and left-over stock from non-purchases) are the retailers selling HT products (like SSC).

That's great that you have 20 years of experience with collectibles, but that has nothing to do with the fact that you (as a consumer) have every right to complain about a product that fails to deliver. You can either do whatever you want, but the most effective way (I find) is to treat it at its source. Hence me wanting to approach HT through SSC.

No, the image used on Ebay for the recast is an actual image of the production piece...so yes, it's THAT bad.

Just a blurry picture then.

Production looks like the prototype. I ordered based on the prototype so that's good.

And if Sideshow wants to send out freebies later on, then I'm in. But that isn't going to happen.

Just a blurry picture then.

Production looks like the prototype. I ordered based on the prototype so that's good.

And if Sideshow wants to send out freebies later on, then I'm in. But that isn't going to happen.

It's not about Sideshow sending out freebies... It's about HT fixing their products. Also, even if you think the final product looks like the proto, it sure as hell does NOT look like the promised "fully-realized likeness of Hugh Jackman" that we've been promised.

Like you said, HT is not going to listen to just 1 or 2 customers...but it will listen to one of its largest resellers---->SSC
If they file a complaint on our behalf, than hell yes HT better change their product!

I think you have double standards by saying everything is "fine" now but expecting "freebies" later if something does come from this. Just saying.

I think you have double standards by saying everything is "fine" now but expecting "freebies" later if something does come from this. Just saying.

I like it as it is.

But if they deem it's an unpolished turd then I'll take the freebies!

I agree that the finished product is significantly inferior to the prototype and doesn't really look like Jackman at all. I don't know why they even paid to use his likeness if they weren't going to actually USE his likeness. If this counts as a petition, this is my signature!

I like it as it is.

But if they deem it's an unpolished turd then I'll take the freebies!
This is exactly what's wrong with this hobby... Everyone f+ck*ng complains and no-one does anything about it. You try and do something about it you run into two kinds of people:

Person A: Ha! This will never work, you're stupid for trying.

or

Person B: Ha! This is stupid, and no way am I associating with this...BUT...if there's free stuff, I'll take it.

I agree that the finished product is significantly inferior to the prototype and doesn't really look like Jackman at all. I don't know why they even paid to use his likeness if they weren't going to actually USE his likeness. If this counts as a petition, this is my signature!

Thanks! Added you to the list :)

This is exactly what's wrong with this hobby... Everyone f+ck*ng complains and no-one does anything about it. You try and do something about it you run into two kinds of people:

Person A: Ha! This will never work, you're stupid for trying.

or

Person B: Ha! This is stupid, and no way am I associating with this...BUT...if there's free stuff, I'll take it.

Prototype and production are the same apart from a slightly darker moustache. I've looked at the pictures side by side.

There's all manner of shots out there, both good and bad, depending on lighting, angle and photographer.

Did people just gloss over the protos and hope it would be different come production? In that case it's a bit late to tell Hot Toys they got it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back