1/6 Group Petition to recall the Hot Toys MMS 220 - The Wolverine Headsculpt through SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Prog. The best way to voice disapproval is either: A) don't buy to begin with; or B) return it, because money talks. Personally, I was going to buy it, but the production piece turned me off, so now, I'm not.

The previous issue with their replacing the Bale John Connor was much much worse than this. I think HT realized then that it was going to be a huge stain on their reputation if they didn't do something. With Wolverine, you've got a fairly standard prototype to production change on HT's part at this point. Seems like it's just as likely to happen as it isn't, but we haven't seen a mass exodus of collectors since it started. Hot Toys is a business, and their business is booming despite the shortcuts they have been taking with sculpts recently. Good luck with the petition, but like EF, I just don't see them responding very strongly to it.

I think HTs generated the change on the John Conner head when they got a sh-t ton of blow back from their main market (Asia...not the US) and perhaps many returns to boot.

If people don't buy, they will listen. But first, collectors have to be willing to go without it and maintain the strength of their convictions. If you buy it just to complain that it's inferior but you'll keep it either way, that'll get you nowhere.

not gonna happen, unless it's a defect or broken piece, there's really not much SSC can do, HT shipped it looking that way, so SSC has to sell it that way. Just do what most did including me, cancel and hope the DoFP version ( if they even make one) is better

Yeah I'm not too happy with the final product. Maybe if I see if first hand I could be convinced but at this time I really need to reconsider going through with the purchase.

Yep, can't see the sense in a petition if you're keepng your purchase, anyway. Seems pretty elementary that they're not going to give a ****.

I purchased through sideshow as well but I canceled my damn order just yesterday. I think the best thing we can do is cancel the orders before they process tomorrow!!!! You can add me to the petition as I really wanted to keep this figure but the final product is nothing like the production/prototype photos.

I think it looks pretty good.. I see hugh in that face sculpt, lol. Ok maybe not but the likeness is there..

Sorry, but the fact that you've created this thread tWITHOUT EVEN HAVING THE FIGURE IN HAND, is senseless. Lets say you get it in hand and then say "wow this isn't as bad as those horrible pics suggested". What then? And how do you address someone who loves the figures and thinks its a great likeness of Hugh? Do you dismiss the way they feel because you diagree with them?

You may be a great guy and this may be a horrible likeness. But the fact that you're doing this without even having it in hand makes you're words empty.

Last edited:
Its not THAT different, it always happens... with every single figure, if you don't like it you can always return it :dunno you can dislike it with all your heart but in the end it looks like any other HT headsculpt.

Considering this figure's current stage of development there is no turning back, I'd support you 100% but I already know this won't change anything...

plus, what mikericm said

Sorry, but the fact that you've created this thread WITHOUT EVEN HAVING THE FIGURE IN HAND, is madness. Lets say you get it in hand and then say "wow this isn't as bad as those horrible pics suggested". What then? And how do you address someone who loves the figures and thinks its a great likeness of Hugh? Do you dismiss the way they feel because you diagree with them?

You may be a great guy and this may be a horrible likeness. But the fact that you're doing this without even having it in hand makes you're words empty.

:goodpost:

I'm pretty sure the 'Protptype shown. Final product may be different' message they put on their photos means HT are covered for anyone who does not like the final sculpt. Lesson learnt = wait for in hand pictures before buying.

:lol:lol:exactly:

This thread is meant to show your (as a SSC customer who purchased this product) dissatisfaction and that you would like for SSC to contact Hot Toys on our behalf to get the current headsculpt recalled and reproduced to have a better likeness to Hugh Jackman as seen in the Wolverine.

Taylor-Swift-Laughing-Gif-taylor-swift-30258989-500-245.gif

Ewan-McGregor-Laughing.gif

Ricky-Gervais-Hysterical-Laughter.gif

Ashton-Kutcher-laughing.gif

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-1508.gif

Hysterical-laugh.gif

tennant-crazy-laugh.gif

Has the whining become this bad? Hahah judging by the thread's title I knew I would have a good laugh reading some of the posts in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back