1/6 Group Petition to recall the Hot Toys MMS 220 - The Wolverine Headsculpt through SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Retailers have a lot of power, as you state the reason you're trying to approach HT via SSC. The best way to send this message to SSC and HT is to return a product you deem unfit. SSC will then be most motivated to push back to HT for a better product (whether its a fix on this figure or future items).

I'm not saying your breath is wasted here, or complaining, but making a petition isn't really any more productive than any other method of complaining. Now, you get a bunch of the people here to en mass actually threaten (or follow through) and cancel/return the product...now you're saying something.

This is exactly what's wrong with this hobby... Everyone f+ck*ng complains and no-one does anything about it. You try and do something about it you run into two kinds of people:

Person A: Ha! This will never work, you're stupid for trying.

or

Person B: Ha! This is stupid, and no way am I associating with this...BUT...if there's free stuff, I'll take it.

You're forgetting Person C: Those who signed your petition

I think you're being very narrow minded in that sense (and about the outcome) and also kinda rude about it.

Prototype and production are the same apart from a slightly darker moustache. I've looked at the pictures side by side.

There's all manner of shots out there, both good and bad, depending on lighting, angle and photographer.

Did people just gloss over the protos and hope it would be different come production? In that case it's a bit late to tell Hot Toys they got it wrong.

There is a major difference between the proto and production. At least the proto somewhat resembled Hugh.

They toned down the brow wrinkles, lowered the hair and widened the jaw in the final product.

There are quite a few people that see this is the case.

Retailers have a lot of power, as you state the reason you're trying to approach HT via SSC. The best way to send this message to SSC and HT is to return a product you deem unfit. SSC will then be most motivated to push back to HT for a better product (whether its a fix on this figure or future items).

I'm not saying your breath is wasted here, or complaining, but making a petition isn't really any more productive than any other method of complaining. Now, you get a bunch of the people here to en mass actually threaten (or follow through) and cancel/return the product...now you're saying something.
How would we organize something like that? Wouldn't creating a thread first (just like this one) to bring this issue to light not be a great idea? I am sure SSC reads it, and maybe they'll even have us all send it back.

The fact is that it's hard to organize anything when you actually have people interfere...(not referring to you) that are essentially complaining about you complaining... Or you have people that are flip-flopping in terms of having an opinion.

I don't see what is unfathomable about HT sending replacement heads to people that bought one of their products. If a car is mass-produced, and the engine has issues, does everyone get a full refund for the vehicle? Or does the part with the issues get replaced?

You're forgetting Person C: Those who signed your petition

I think you're being very narrow minded in that sense (and about the outcome) and also kinda rude about it.
You're right, I did forget person C in that comment. Obviously I did not forget about them in real life though, otherwise I wouldn't have created this petition with the hope of ultimately achieving something in the first place.

Is it hard to understand that I am getting a little pissed off? Is it not rude when you are trying to do something to help people and you have to deal with ignorance (people just posting because the forums are free; people disagreeing but wanting free stuff anyway)? I specifically asked people not to post "unless they want to sign." Look at what we have now...3 pages of back-and-forth.

Lastly, you know what's really rude? Companies hiding behind disclaimers instead of standing by their product.

Last edited:
Except, cars come with warranties, toys don't. The only promise you have is from a retailer that accepts returns, which SSC is gracious enough to do. Take advantage of that rather than letting the window close because your petition falls on deaf ears.

I've seen many worse products than this that go unaddressed. Hopefully you guys get it solved the way you like, but HT is pretty unmoving in this department, in my opinion.

Make a real statement by cancelling or returning it.

Do you have one in hand yet to truly see the difference? Not trying to challenge, just curious. I usually wait until I have things in hand to see if I don't like it. If I don't I send it back and let SSC know why it's being sent back.

This is exactly what's wrong with this hobby... Everyone f+ck*ng complains and no-one does anything about it. You try and do something about it you run into two kinds of people:

Person A: Ha! This will never work, you're stupid for trying.

or

Person B: Ha! This is stupid, and no way am I associating with this...BUT...if there's free stuff, I'll take it.

Thanks! Added you to the list :)

No, THAT's What's wrong with this hobby.

Do you have one in hand yet to truly see the difference? Not trying to challenge, just curious. I usually wait until I have things in hand to see if I don't like it. If I don't I send it back and let SSC know why it's being sent back.

There have been several photo reviews already, and there are shots of the HS on Ebay. I am 100% certain that the in-hand pics that will come later this week are no different.

Except, cars come with warranties, toys don't. The only promise you have is from a retailer that accepts returns, which SSC is gracious enough to do. Take advantage of that rather than letting the window close because your petition falls on deaf ears.

I've seen many worse products than this that go unaddressed. Hopefully you guys get it solved the way you like, but HT is pretty unmoving in this department, in my opinion.

Make a real statement by cancelling or returning it.

This is completely false. Hot Toys does come with a warranty. 30 days after a purchase, after SSC cannot help you anymore, HT is responsible. They even say so in their customer care emails. They stop replacing/customer service a full year after the purchase date. From the HT website:
"After-sales Service

Hot Toys is dedicated to ensuring that customers are satisfied with our products.

In order to satisfy customers’ needs, our Customer Services team is offering you after-sales service to ensure the quality standard of collectibles." --- I actually think this is normal, not something that should be treated as a present that they're giving to their customers. You make a product, you charge big $$$s, you damn well stand by it.

The proto images + the product description are false advertising. I choose to approach my situation like this and I hope others join me as well. If you choose to just send your product back, that's your perogative and I respect that. Maybe you can respect my choice as well.

No, THAT's What's wrong with this hobby.
I have NEVER complained about anything I purchased. Am I supposed to just not talk about a product I pre-ordered a while ago and paid a deposit on that ended up being botched? I am not just complaining, I am hoping to actually do something about it. Big difference imho.

However, if I am dealing with a company that charges high-end prices for low-end products, I am going to complain. HT is rushing products out of the door now.

Last edited:
Dude, you can't say "If you don't agree with my petition, then simply don't reply to this thread" to folks :slap, its an open forum... wind your neck in...

I was asking out of courtesy to avoid senseless situations like this. Another wasted post wookster.

*****k it, go ahead and post away! Have at it! You're forum posting rights were being infringed by me telling you that it'd be nice if things could remain on topic (the petition). I am a terrible person. lol

Also, if it's an open forum I can say whatever I want too. That rule applies both ways. Besides, it's not like I was asking a lot of people. Apparently it's too much to ask people to "butt out." Especially if they have no stake in the situation.

I just wish people would get as passionate about spending a ton of cash on underproduced collectibles and how they are being screwed over by HT.

Seriously folks, you're spending over $200 on something that is not what was promised...it's as simple as that. Who are you going to get mad at? The company that screws you over, or the dude that is trying to do something about it?

Last edited:
This is crazy talk. Have you even seen it in your own hands? Also, there's the fine print about the final product being slightly different from what's shown.

This is crazy talk. Have you even seen it in your own hands? Also, there's the fine print about the final product being slightly different from what's shown.

That's what I asked. I say wait until in hand and decided from there. I've seen more than one fiasco started because people judged the figures based on photos rather than their own eyes.

There have been two photo reviews already, and the figure is already available parted out on Ebay. All of them are accompanied by pictures. I am pretty sure these are actual production head pics (not bootleg):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-The-Wolverine-WOLVERINE-Figure-1-6-HEAD-SCULPT-/360861346017

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Action...-Jackman-Toys-X-Men-Head-Sculpt-/271404566112

I've never seen a huge difference between what OMG received and the pieces SSC customers received and the above posted links show no difference in the sculpt/quality.

Last edited:
You're complaining now, Ralph. But you certainly are entitled to your opinion! I'm just sick of people b*tch*ing ALL THE TIME around here.

Proto pics: "Ugh, they need to change this, this, and this" *photoshop photoshop photoshop* "But I'll by two anyway!"

Interim months: "I hope they listened to us and changed this, it's gonna suck if they don't, but I can't wait!"

Review pics: "Bu**sh**! This is the worst thing ever! CANCELLING!" *rants and hate speech for fifty pages*

In Hand pics: "Hey, that looks pretty good... good thing I bought two! Still sucks though, Hurr durr durr"

I mean, I get it: they're expensive, and we want them to look exactly like the person they're supposed to be. I personally think Hot Toys, in their modern age, has never let us down (aside from rising prices and extended waits). Sometimes the heads are SLIGHTLY off, but they are TOYS, and even if you don't think of them like that, they're cramming all that detail onto a surface area roughly the size of an inch and a half cube. It's not going to be perfect!

And it's depressing to see the same trend in every thread I go in: twenty people tear some nitpick apart for 5 pages, one guy says he likes the figure, and then the same twenty people spend the next five pages off handedly telling him he's wrong and circle jerking each other about how they're right. I'm not talking specifically about anyone, either. The whole community does this; different people, different threads.

Yes, we get that you all don't like the figure. Tell us one time and move the hell on. Life continues. Hot toys is not trying to personally slight you, please don't hold vendettas against inanimate objects. I don't care if you're cancelling your order. I don't care that you secretly didn't, or will reorder it again when in-hand pics come in. It's always cool to bash than the praise, isn't it?

Sorry Ralph, not talking about you in particular. Just ranting about the state of our community :(

I guess we all have a perspective and right to air our views... what ever they may be!

Just sit back and watch how it pans out...

I guess we all have a perspective and right to air our views... what ever they may be!

Just sit back and watch how it pans out...

We'll see. I hope more people sign my petition :)

You're complaining now, Ralph. But you certainly are entitled to your opinion! I'm just sick of people b*tch*ing ALL THE TIME around here.

Proto pics: "Ugh, they need to change this, this, and this" *photoshop photoshop photoshop* "But I'll by two anyway!"

Interim months: "I hope they listened to us and changed this, it's gonna suck if they don't, but I can't wait!"

Review pics: "Bu**sh**! This is the worst thing ever! CANCELLING!" *rants and hate speech for fifty pages*

In Hand pics: "Hey, that looks pretty good... good thing I bought two! Still sucks though, Hurr durr durr"

I mean, I get it: they're expensive, and we want them to look exactly like the person they're supposed to be. I personally think Hot Toys, in their modern age, has never let us down (aside from rising prices and extended waits). Sometimes the heads are SLIGHTLY off, but they are TOYS, and even if you don't think of them like that, they're cramming all that detail onto a surface area roughly the size of an inch and a half cube. It's not going to be perfect!

And it's depressing to see the same trend in every thread I go in: twenty people tear some nitpick apart for 5 pages, one guy says he likes the figure, and then the same twenty people spend the next five pages off handedly telling him he's wrong and circle jerking each other about how they're right. I'm not talking specifically about anyone, either. The whole community does this; different people, different threads.

Yes, we get that you all don't like the figure. Tell us one time and move the hell on. Life continues. Hot toys is not trying to personally slight you, please don't hold vendettas against inanimate objects. I don't care if you're cancelling your order. I don't care that you secretly didn't, or will reorder it again when in-hand pics come in. It's always cool to bash than the praise, isn't it?

Sorry Ralph, not talking about you in particular. Just ranting about the state of our community :(

Thanks Dingo, I completely understand. Hence me making this thread seperately from the main one. I hate complaining, and I hardly ever do, but I honestly feel worse about this figure than I even did about the DX05 Indy. And if there's one thing this community can hopefully agree on, it's that that figure was terrible...lol

Find a spot where it is windy and then piss in it, cause nothing is going to change at this point. :lol

Everyone has the right to complain if that's what they want to do. But these are companies and what they understand is lost revenue. Start the petition but it should be with the soul purpose of gathering members to vow to cancel or return this figure if the sculpt doesn't cut the mustard. Now if you could get those signatures along with the cancellation notices/ return notices to back it up, that could get you somewhere. But to put a petition together that really has no consequences for HTs or SSCs is really like EF said, just pissing in the wind.

I have not bought even one Wolverine figure because I don't think they've nailed it yet. So I'm voting with my dollars. I suggest you do the same.

I do hear you man. I do.
I preordered the amazing spider man based solely on proto pics, but the final product was shiat. Awful HS, wrong proportions, love handles, broken, etc. I started complaining and all I got was mad hate. It was actually laughable. This wolverine looks even WORSE than that abomination, and people (the majority) don't seem to mind.
"It's not that bad" "in hand pics will be better (they won't)" talk with your wallet" "best wolverine to date (can't even imagine how the worse one looks)" "I love wolverine, so I don't care if it looks like utter crap (it does)" etc.
Sad to say this, but you will not get anywhere, and I'm sorry to see you all worked up like this. It looks like you wanted a decent figure and you are smart enough to realize you are not getting one.
The problem with this hobby is really not the complaining and moaning, it's the fact that people (most) will buy ANYTHING with a HT logo on the box. Even ****. Literally.

It's a great effort, but that's all that it will be at the end unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been two photo reviews already, and the figure is already available parted out on Ebay. All of them are accompanied by pictures. I am pretty sure these are actual production head pics (not bootleg):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-The-Wolverine-WOLVERINE-Figure-1-6-HEAD-SCULPT-/360861346017

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Action...-Jackman-Toys-X-Men-Head-Sculpt-/271404566112

I've never seen a huge difference between what OMG received and the pieces SSC customers received and the above posted links show no difference in the sculpt/quality.

Just to point out..... the first pic that you use for Production.... is from a seller that declares that he/she uses actual "Custom" HS that you'll receive after purchase. As is, it's likely not actually a HT product

I do hear you man. I do.
I preordered the amazing spider man based solely on proto pics, but the final product was shiat. Awful HS, wrong proportions, love handles, broken, etc. I started complaining and all I got was mad hate. It was actually laughable. This wolverine looks even WORSE than that abomination, and people (the majority) don't seem to mind.
"It's not that bad" "in hand pics will be better (they won't)" talk with your wallet" "best wolverine to date (can't even imagine how the worse one looks)" "I love wolverine, so I don't care if it looks like utter crap (it does)" etc.
Sad to say this, but you will not get anywhere, and I'm sorry to see you all worked up like this. It looks like you wanted a decent figure and you are smart enough to realize you are not getting one.
The problem with this hobby is really not the complaining and moaning, it's the fact that people (most) will buy ANYTHING with a HT logo on the box. Even ****. Literally.

It's a great effort, but that's all that it will be at the end unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I appreciate the sympathy. I still have hope that HT or SSC steps to the plate.

Just to point out..... the first pic that you use for Production.... is from a seller that declares that he/she uses actual "Custom" HS that you'll receive after purchase. As is, it's likely not an actually a HT product
That's great, but I am sure the image that is being used is still the actual HT production HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back