Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More like Fox did almost everything that could make it difficult to watch along with ultimately canceling the show.

Textbook apologist comeback. If the ratings had been there, it wouldn't have been canceled. Simple as that. :lol

Keep in mind, I not only liked the show, but stayed up late/early to watch it. But not enough people did. It was a bomb, and so was the movie. :huh

Yes, highly delusional....

Not that obscure. More like people watched it and just didn't care to keep watching it. Now if it'd been on TBS or maybe PBS or TCN or an actual "obscure" cable network, you might have an argument. But given we're talking Fox... no. It didn't make much money because, unlike the Green Lantern film, outside of the Whedonfiles, nobody cared. :huh

So you think that anything that has ever been on Fox ever cannot be considered obscure regardless of how poorly it was advertised, how little attention it recieved during its run, how short it was on, or how many years it has been since cancellation? Simply because it was on a major network everyone should be familliar with a franchise if is brought back years later under a different name?

Of course no one cared. Because no one had heard of it.

Last edited:
Textbook apologist comeback. If the ratings had been there, it wouldn't have been canceled. Simple as that. :lol

Keep in mind, I not only liked the show, but stayed up late/early to watch it. But not enough people did. It was a bomb, and so was the movie. :huh

There's other shows that have worse ratings yet still get renewed

But then again they didn't announce when Watchmen was canceled, so :dunno

Watchmen wasn't canceled. It was confirmed in one of the "Before Watchmen" threads that HT simply allowed the license to expire. They didn't do anything with it after the first two but simply let it rot until the time lapsed. Green Lantern would be the first openly canceled, IF they did a cancellation notice. Although I would imagine that what will occur is that they'll just let it expire as well.

There's other shows that have worse ratings yet still get renewed

Firefly was ahead of its time as a lot of shows were around that time. Had Firefly come out today with the same cast I'm sure it would be doing well, then again Dollhouse didn't have that great of a go.

To clean up most of this Batman mess (most of it is HotToys related), and other like HT messes throughout the forum. Aliens & Robots or what I call ___holes & Retards has virtually been destroyed by all the HT douchery.
Ah, I think it is evident that you haven't been to the A&R boards much in the recent past, then. The guys who collect HT Predators are generally the same ones now collecting the Sideshow statues AND NECA figures :lol

Ah, I think it is evident that you haven't been to the A&R boards much in the recent past, then. The guys who collect HT Predators are generally the same ones now collecting the Sideshow statues AND NECA figures :lol

Nope, I left when the NECAmpoops were trolling their worst and MaulFan was ignoring them, but infracting anybody who interrupted him posting his pics.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Because over $200,000,000 in ticket sales means it sucked! :exactly:

To be honest I've never really cared for how much a film makes but as someone who loves Green Lantern in the comics I was bitterly disappointed watching it, it left a bad taste in your mouth which is a real shame because its probably dented Warner Bros confidence in making other DC characters like Flash and Wonder Woman.

To be honest I've never really cared for how much a film makes but as someone who loves Green Lantern in the comics I was bitterly disappointed watching it, it left a bad taste in your mouth which is a real shame because its probably dented Warner Bros confidence in making other DC characters like Flash and Wonder Woman.

See, I disagree. Not only did I enjoy it, though I agree it was a bit too busy, I felt that at it's very heart it was a true to the books Green Lantern, from Hal being an experimental pilot down to the Hot Wheels track he made with the ring (thankfully there were no giant flashlights and blenders). :huh

They could have easily made it a better movie for less money---like cut out a bunch of the explanation at the beginning, start with whats his face getting attacked by Parallax, then have the main villain be the scientist guy and have a battle at the end with him. Then Parallax could be the ultimate villain across movies.

Doing that, along with limiting the exposition and fixing the editing issues would have made it much better.

See, I disagree. Not only did I enjoy it, though I agree it was a bit too busy, I felt that at it's very heart it was a true to the books Green Lantern, from Hal being an experimental pilot down to the Hot Wheels track he made with the ring (thankfully there were no giant flashlights and blenders). :huh

Its cool if you enjoyed it dude no worries, for me one of the three biggest crimes were having a Corp of Lanterns who do nothing other than stand around on Oa and do nothing is a waste for a GL film, second turning Sinestro into just another generic bad guy when Sinestro was always about trying to be the saviour of the universe through very dark methods you could see his point no matter how flawed it was. Thirdly morphing Parallax with Krona is just wrong on so many levels, Parallax is the embodiment of fear. I left the cinema with a very heavy heart as I was seriously looking forward to see GL get his movie debut.

On the other side of the comic book aisle, we'll see at least one figure based on Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel feature film, but another DC feature film, despite previous announcements, won't be immortalized in the Movie Masterpiece Series. If you've been sitting on your hands waiting for the Green Lantern reveal, you can safely get off your hands now.

Guess that means its canned on the plus side I do like that it seems definite that we're getting a Henry Cavill Superman from Man of Steel.

It's a shame if you were waiting for it but I guess thats that.

Source: https://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/hottoys/Whats_Next_For_Hot_Toys_16_Scale_Collection_145250.asp

Its cool if you enjoyed it dude no worries, for me one of the three biggest crimes were having a Corp of Lanterns who do nothing other than stand around on Oa and do nothing is a waste for a GL film, second turning Sinestro into just another generic bad guy when Sinestro was always about trying to be the saviour of the universe through very dark methods you could see his point no matter how flawed it was. Thirdly morphing Parallax with Krona is just wrong on so many levels, Parallax is the embodiment of fear. I left the cinema with a very heavy heart as I was seriously looking forward to see GL get his movie debut.

But the Corp did do something. They were battling Parallax while Hal was coming into his own. Sinestro wasn't a bad guy, he argued over trying to figure out a plan to beat Parallax by forging a yellow ring. He felt that while earth would fall, it would be far worse to lose more lanterns (since they protect more than just a single planet) before they were ready. He also saved Hal's ass after Hal beat Parallax. I'll concede to your last point. That's where the story got a bit too busy. But in the end, I walked away feeling I'd seen a solid origin and was hyped to see him go toe-to-toe with Sinestro in the sequel.

I'm really hoping SSCs knocks their DC comic line out the park...but I'm not holding my breath!

What would really be cool is if SSCs could acquire both the DC comic line & the Marvel comic line and produce figures in scale and style to one another. That hasn't been done since Mego. That would really drive the hype for the lines...and I'd buy em all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back