Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lecture:lecture:lecture Because over $200,000,000 in ticket sales means it sucked! :exactly:

Lol. It's just like for years you think your woman loves you for you until you come home one day after losing your job. Even if you're well off, its all about maintaining appearances. Heh.

It's amazing how much money will gloss things over. I know I have my qualms about the film, but I'm sure the overall reviews would be a bit kinder if they didn't know how much it cost to produce. Oh well.

Considering that about 90% of DC section threads are Batman-oriented, I'm not sure that would change much.

That's exactly why it needs its own section, so the non-batman threads can shine and not end up on page 4 on the same day it was posted. :lol

Last edited:
Well, giving HotToys their own subforum would cure that and leave the DC section intact. :wink1:

There are like what, 180+ hot toys figures? Then people would also like to discuss customs maybe? Have picture threads etc... It's just better to create a Batman section. IMO. :)

There are like what, 180+ hot toys figures? Then people would also like to discuss customs maybe? Have picture threads etc... It's just better to create a Batman section. IMO. :)

Well, believe it or not, Batman does exist outside of the HT figures. :wink1:

Exactly. So why create a HT subforum...???

To clean up most of this Batman mess (most of it is HotToys related), and other like HT messes throughout the forum. Aliens & Robots or what I call ___holes & Retards has virtually been destroyed by all the HT douchery.

To clean up most of this Batman mess (most of it is HotToys related), and other like HT messes throughout the forum. Aliens & Robots or what I call ___holes & Retards has virtually been destroyed by all the HT douchery.

Don't completely agree with you on your view of Hot Toys threads but what about creating a Batman section where you can select Batman Hot Toys related stuff and non-HT related stuff.

Don't completely agree with you on your view of Hot Toys threads but what about creating a Batman section where you can select Batman Hot Toys related stuff and non-HT related stuff.

Batman is part of the DC license, so it makes sense that he belongs in a DC thread. It's all the Hot Toys BS that buries other legitimate threads like the 1:1 bust, the coming PF, EB's 1:4 stuff, as well as the slew of other DC products in development.

Batman is part of the DC license, so it makes sense that he belongs in a DC thread. It's all the Hot Toys BS that buries other legitimate threads like the 1:1 bust, the coming PF, EB's 1:4 stuff, as well as the slew of other DC products in development.

This guy... :lol

Sad thing is, when Sideshow releases the comic version of Batman, it'll have to tread water with all the HT fanboys hating on it because it's not rubber and peeling/melting. You just watch. :lol

But it wasn't that obscure to begin with. He's delusional. The series (Firefly) was released on Fox and had piss poor ratings there (when it was free) and was canceled. A shame because it's a fun series, but nevertheless, the rating were poor and Fox gave it the axe.
Delusional? The fact that no one watched it initially or was familliar with it pretty much is the definition of obscure regardless of what channel it was on. It was still fairly obscure when the movie came out, so it isn't suprising it didn't make much money.

Sad thing is, when Sideshow releases the comic version of Batman, it'll have to tread water with all the HT fanboys hating on it because it's not rubber and peeling/melting. You just watch. :lol

I think the first thing they will complain about is how off the likeness is, if they haven't already learned that SS isn't that good at likeness.

Delusional? The fact that no one watched it initially or was familliar with it pretty much is the definition of obscure regardless of what channel it was on. It was still fairly obscure when the movie came out, so it isn't suprising it didn't make much money.

Yes, highly delusional....
Ratings

At the time the series was cancelled by Fox, it averaged 4.48 million viewers and ranked 125th.

Not that obscure. More like people watched it and just didn't care to keep watching it. Now if it'd been on TBS or maybe PBS or TCN or an actual "obscure" cable network, you might have an argument. But given we're talking Fox... no. It didn't make much money because, unlike the Green Lantern film, outside of the Whedonfiles, nobody cared. :huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back