Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Green Lantern - Official License Announcement

I personally don't think this line will see the light of day.

family-feud-3-strikes_medium.jpg

Is that Killian from 'The Running Man'?

Every day that goes by makes it less likely. People keep saying it's an interesting design that will have it get made, but there really isn't that type of interest here.

The MGS reveal makes it completely likely, that's been 16 months since announcement and has come to pass, so it's quite likely this will come to pass... Eventually. :pray:

I hate to say but MGS and Green Lantern are on a completely different plane of popularity. MGS is virtually guaranteed massive success

GL is still very much a gamble

I hate to say but MGS and Green Lantern are on a completely different plane of popularity. MGS is virtually guaranteed massive success

GL is still very much a gamble

I hate to say this, but you likely misread his post. I took it to mean that HT's finally getting to the licenses they've announced eons ago. Not starting a MGS vs. GL pissing contest. :nana:

We'll ignore the built in fanbase for GL which stems decades before MGS was even a tofu fart in Kojima's pants. Hell, before Escape from New York, the film he plagiarized a bunch of ____ from, was even written.

OMG it is, he was an actual game show host, perfect casting :lol

OMG, who doesn't know that Richard Dawson was a gameshow host? :dunno

I hate to say this, but you likely misread his post. I took it to mean that HT's finally getting to the licenses they've announced eons ago.

That is what i meant :exactly:

OMG, who doesn't know that Richard Dawson was a gameshow host? :dunno

People outside America :lecture

What is it with you guys and thinking HT cares about how good/bad the movie does. They've already proven that regardless of how ____ty the movie is, or how it was misinterpreted and bombed, etc., they can move product. Just look at some of the secondary market prices for AVP, AVP-R, Watchmen (at least Comedian) and Spirit. :huh

All those you listed came out before the Sucker Punch/Tron pushback didn't they? I'm too lazy to check. Their current output has forced them to prioritize judging by all these price hikes and delays. They're treating some of these properties like afterthoughts. At least it seems that way.

Load up on the sure bets, sweep the rest under the rug for later. It makes a fair amount of sense.

If that's the case, it'll be one of the final nails in their coffin. They have to evolve or die, they can't keep pushing the same franchises & characters over and over and expect people to keep buying them over and over, they're flooding their own market with too many of the same products, and too little new products

New franchises freshen up their skills and variety, without that there's nothing left once you've got the figures they're already pushing.

Speaking just for me..

Iron Man, i've got a few don't want anymore
Capain America, got one don't need another
Predators, got some.
Terminator, got some.
Batman, got some.

But i haven't got any X-Men, Green Lantern or other new ones, which means i'll buy them.

There's only so long this stagnant strategy of theres will last, IMO they need to move on from there cash cows and develop fresh franchises into cash cows, and when i say freh it means no repeat characters at all, so Avengers doesn't count as it's basically an extension of figures/characters they've already done.

After all they had to take a risk on Batman and Iron Man in order to make them successful :lecture

I hear you.

X-Men is a proven IP if ever there was one, but like I said before I'm getting a "what have you done (for us) lately" vibe from them. As good as X2 was, X3 stunk up the place and Origins wasn't much better. I do think they'll come back to it as superheros have the best non-vampire/non-wizard blockbuster sequel potential. X-men/First Class/Wolverine will all have more sequels and when that happens we might get a Nightcrawler or a Storm or a Cyclops but they are totally riding the hype machines for these new releases.

Another part of the problem might be that as artists they like to keep tweeking their work. Proven artists tend to be more expensive the more hits they get under their belt too; I wonder how much they're shelling out to keep their talent.

Something I almost forgot, their cold war against Enterbay. I'm sure they could have thrown another IP out there for the 1/4 stuff, but this feels like they're frantically chasing a rabbit chasing a wild goose chasing a red herring. I like that they're competitive but they're waisting time and talent.

Is that Killian from 'The Running Man'?

The MGS reveal makes it completely likely, that's been 16 months since announcement and has come to pass, so it's quite likely this will come to pass... Eventually. :pray:

MGS was announced at a time when there wasn't anything coming out for the series, which helps support the idea that it's something that isn't dependent so much on release timing for success.

Green Lantern however was announced right before the movie came out, meaning they had been planning to release it soon after the movie came out to take advantage of the interest at the time.

People outside America :lecture

Not true. I've watched Family Feud dubbed in Russian. :lol

All those you listed came out before the Sucker Punch/Tron pushback didn't they? I'm too lazy to check. Their current output has forced them to prioritize judging by all these price hikes and delays. They're treating some of these properties like afterthoughts. At least it seems that way.

Load up on the sure bets, sweep the rest under the rug for later. It makes a fair amount of sense.

Key word being "later." They'll get to it. :lol

Last edited:

Due to the relatively poor box office returns and reviews for Green Lantern, I don't think they'll make this figure. MAYBE if another movie is made and it's as popular as TDK or the Marvel movies...

lol @ "Avatards"

Sure they'll get around to them but I'd think they'll wait and see if the studios spring for a sequel before they revisit GL at least.

As for Sucker Punch and Tron, they must be breaking their own records for delays.

The bigger they are, the more corporate their call.

Delays are delays. Looking how long HT delayed on Bruce Lee and that didn't have any real innovations or new tech, it was just a figure that used previously used tech.

We know that actual 1:6 Tron Legacy figures were delayed, postponed because of the lighting of the suit compromising the articulation and heating issues, at least from the hints in interviews and hearsay. It's completely possible that something like GL was counting on that tech which hasn't shown itself.

It's also possible that HT has too much on their plates and they have the attitude of "We'll get to it when we get to it". It seems like the pissing contest with EnterBay is delaying a lot of things and moving priorities anyway.

Well is about time they come clean, I don't use face book but is there a place where we can ask if they will make it or drop it? This way the expeculation will be over and we will be able to move on...I'm really waiting for it, but if they finally decide to drop it then I will start spending $ to create my own cheap version.

Well is about time they come clean, I don't use face book but is there a place where we can ask if they will make it or drop it? This way the expeculation will be over and we will be able to move on...I'm really waiting for it, but if they finally decide to drop it then I will start spending $ to create my own cheap version.

HT will never provide that info knowing them, you'll just have to wait and see whether they make it. I'm pretty sure they will but whether it's anytime in the next 12 months, who knows.

I could easily see them do it in 18 months when every last drop of hope is gone :lol

It's times like these I wish I had a pimp hand construct. Come on Hot Toys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back