Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Green Lantern - Official License Announcement

I'm thinking the delay might be their aversion to visible joints, the biggest joint area, the groin' they manage to cover up with pants or a loin-cloth on most nude figures (Jake Sully, Leonidas, Predators), but with Hal his groing area would be bare, thus really noticable joints there.

They're probably trying to find a way to make that area less noticable

I'm thinking the delay might be their aversion to visible joints, the biggest joint area, the groin' they manage to cover up with pants or a loin-cloth on most nude figures (Jake Sully, Leonidas, Predators), but with Hal his groing area would be bare, thus really noticable joints there.

They're probably trying to find a way to make that area less noticable

Honestly though, that area's black anyway so the joints wouldn't be that noticeable. Especially if they sculpted them. And I think we'd all prefer decent articulation to having it hindered by melting rubber boxer briefs. :( :lol

Looks like MGS reveals will be very soon, if this is any indication of HT catching up on their backlog, I wonder if GL might be here sooner than we think?

I have a feeling that with HT getting through their backlog that whole oversaturation is on the horizon with GL being part of it. Over the next couple of quarters I have a feeling we'll get it at least teased but that it'll be one of way too many products.

I'm telling you guys, we're gonna have to wait for DC to get it's act together and push for a second GL film. Only then will Hot Toys check it off their "To Do" list.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm going to skip out on it for Batman stuff. Bottom line is: if they're coming out with Avengers in 1/6th and 1/4, TDKR in 1/6th and 1/4, and a bunch of other popular licenses(Arkham, Returns, Spidey, etc.) plus the stuff that they already announced, people are going to be forced to pick and choose.

and I'm telling you guys, HT never has or never will give a ____ about box office returns. In fact looking at some of their choices it's almost like they'd rather prove they can make shelfclearing product from ____ty movies than anything else. Batman, Iron Man are clear money makers and will dominate because it pays for the figures that don't sell but the last Terminator films, Predator films, the later Alien films, Sucker Punch, so many movies that were so ____ty at the box office, some way worse than GL in terms of cash but have fanboys freaking out with each order.

The thing is there isn't any hurry. They aren't trying to capitalize on anything like they are with The Avengers or The Dark Knight. It will come when it comes and if it glows and has constructs, etc then you'll see people freaking out like the film was Gone with the Wind.

and I'm telling you guys, HT never has or never will give a ____ about box office returns.

After seeing how long its taken to see their Sucker Punch figures go to sale, I think they're beginning to give half a ____. I think that might be the last time they invest so much in an unproven IP.

Figures like the 14th and 15th Iron Man variant make it easy and available to get licenses that are unproven. HT isn't really losing any money overall. All Sucker Punch and Tron: Legacy, etc show is that if it isn't a hit they aren't in a rush and that'd be the same case with Green Lantern.

HT will make GL, it is a mattter of time. Avengers and TDKR will rule the next few mos then they'll play catch up. No worries....

Figures like the 14th and 15th Iron Man variant make it easy and available to get licenses that are unproven. HT isn't really losing any money overall. All Sucker Punch and Tron: Legacy, etc show is that if it isn't a hit they aren't in a rush and that'd be the same case with Green Lantern.

You have to Include Avatar, but that is a bigger hit than Iron Man, the simple fact is HT are so lazy now they'll focus on versions and variants of the same characters over and over, it's no coincidence that most of the ones delayed the longest are brand new characters

After seeing how long its taken to see their Sucker Punch figures go to sale, I think they're beginning to give half a ____. I think that might be the last time they invest so much in an unproven IP.

If that's the case, it'll be one of the final nails in their coffin. They have to evolve or die, they can't keep pushing the same franchises & characters over and over and expect people to keep buying them over and over, they're flooding their own market with too many of the same products, and too little new products

New franchises freshen up their skills and variety, without that there's nothing left once you've got the figures they're already pushing.

Speaking just for me..

Iron Man, i've got a few don't want anymore
Capain America, got one don't need another
Predators, got some.
Terminator, got some.
Batman, got some.

But i haven't got any X-Men, Green Lantern or other new ones, which means i'll buy them.

There's only so long this stagnant strategy of theres will last, IMO they need to move on from there cash cows and develop fresh franchises into cash cows, and when i say freh it means no repeat characters at all, so Avengers doesn't count as it's basically an extension of figures/characters they've already done.

After all they had to take a risk on Batman and Iron Man in order to make them successful :lecture

Wow. Post # 745 from Nova explaining how HT is going to go out of business. How silly of me to check this thread thinking their would actually be news.

Maybe you should go to work for HT since you clearly know how to run and toy company better than they do.

^ maybe i should :nana:

You seem to hate when people on a message board to express opinions, actually express opinions that you don't share.

It would be a nice world if everyone agreed on everything, but that's not how it is

I don't know why you expect everyone to agree with the curve.

(P.S i didn't bump the thread)

Last edited:

^ maybe i should :nana:

You seem to hate when people on a message board to express opinions, actually express opinions that you don't share.

It would be a nice world if everyone agreed on everything, but that's not how it is

I don't know why you expect everyone to agree with the curve.

(P.S i didn't bump the thread)

Opinions like variety are the spice if life. What my post is referring to is that you post the same opinion in every thread and every topic. I think dead people know how you feel about certain licenses not being made. You make it clear all the time. I personally agree with a ton of Your opinions and points of view. I just wish I didn't have to read the same thing is almost all of your posts.

I feel GL figure very very iffy now....unless a sequel will be made. Most likely if so, he won't be of the same design or actor....

I have a feeling that with HT getting through their backlog that whole oversaturation is on the horizon with GL being part of it. Over the next couple of quarters I have a feeling we'll get it at least teased but that it'll be one of way too many products.

Fortunately, with all the boring re-releases, he'll be the only one I'll be getting. :lecture:lecture:lecture

I'm telling you guys, we're gonna have to wait for DC to get it's act together and push for a second GL film. Only then will Hot Toys check it off their "To Do" list.
I feel GL figure very very iffy now....unless a sequel will be made. Most likely if so, he won't be of the same design or actor....

What is it with you guys and thinking HT cares about how good/bad the movie does. They've already proven that regardless of how ____ty the movie is, or how it was misinterpreted and bombed, etc., they can move product. Just look at some of the secondary market prices for AVP, AVP-R, Watchmen (at least Comedian) and Spirit. :huh

What is it with you guys and thinking HT cares about how good/bad the movie does. They've already proven that regardless of how ____ty the movie is, or how it was misinterpreted and bombed, etc., they can move product. Just look at some of the secondary market prices for AVP, AVP-R, Watchmen (at least Comedian) and Spirit. :huh

IMO Character design wins out, a great film that made billions could just not be right for collectibles while a crappy film that bombed could be brilliant for collectibles.

The quality of the AVP films is obvious, but were they considered a success, money-wise?

I apologize if this is the wrong thread to post this in, but does anyone know if a talking green lantern action figure was ever made? My nephew's birthday is coming up and he would love a talking green lantern, but I cannot find one anywhere.

Thanks

survey-says.jpg

HT will make GL, it is a mattter of time. Avengers and TDKR will rule the next few mos then they'll play catch up. No worries....

Every day that goes by makes it less likely. People keep saying it's an interesting design that will have it get made, but there really isn't that type of interest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back