Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever you say man. :lol

I'll say this: the Amazing Spidey PF has the classic Spidey outfit. It's a great stand alone Spidey statue. Period. Now, when XM tweaks a classic comic outfit (Thanos, Magneto, etc.) they still keep it in tone with the source material. They look at the character and his/her high profile and make the decision not to go crazy with the tweaks. Sideshow on the other hand went steampunk on this Green Goblin with a hint of LOTR for good measure. They love to add their own twist and Sideshowficate some of these characters. Again, if Spidey PF is classic...why not GG too?

Given the increase in prices, many are just looking for an excuse to only buy Spidey PF. A Spidey bad guys roster will cost like $3,500 when all is said and done if they focus on the Sinister Six. The one bad guy they had to nail was Green Goblin because it's the other half of the story in the Spidey PF given the pumpkin bombs. You want to modernize Mysterio or Kraven? Go nuts! Just make sure you nail GG. Much like the Darkseid PF, Sideshow fails to understand what is at stake if you don't set the pace well with the 2 cornerstone pieces: Spidey vs GG. All other characters are companions to that set up.

A COH may still save the day here. Hopefully they have enough sense to see that.

Point(s) taken. But the reality is that ALL comic characters have gone through multiple changes/looks over the years, including Spiderman. Yes, this initial reveal is not the classic GG, but a helluva cool rendition regardless. All the speculation will become mute, once the traditional GG head portrait is revealed, & then a masterwork will be recognized.:wink1:

The Spidey villains are amazing. Other than that... There aren't many with depth.

Magneto
Winter Soldier
Iron Patriot (Norman Osbourne, who's a spidey villain anyways)
Thanos
Silver Surfer for a bit

WHAT!?!?!

Apocalypse
Red Skull
Ultron
Dr Doom
Galactus
Super Skrull
Bullseye
Juggernaut
Sabretooth
Mystique
Loki
Abomination
Kang
Mr. Sinister
Leader

And those are just some of the GREAT Marvel villains that I can remember off the top of my head that isn't on your list.

The Spidey villains are amazing. Other than that... There aren't many with depth.

Magneto
Winter Soldier
Iron Patriot (Norman Osbourne, who's a spidey villain anyways)
Thanos
Silver Surfer for a bit
Thanos, Dr. Doom, The Red Skull, Magneto, Loki, Ultron, Mephisto, Kingpin and the Green Goblin would all make fine additions to a villain line up

Magneto would make a fine addition to a villain line up
Fixed for you...I know that there are some license issues between Marvel/Disney & Fox, but I can't understand how Sideshow has not made a premium format of Magneto happen yet.

(The horrible offscale statue that they released when they first started statues does not count)

If there is no classic head revealed.... Well

55782993.jpg

Wow I do apologize for missing Apocalypse, Dr Doom and Kingpin. The rest listed I don't consider phenomenal. Ultron is cool, but I consider him basic and not "deep".

Really...no Red Skull...no Loki...those are musts for me. Luckily Ive got Red Skull.

Loki, yes I will allow it. haha He is good in the MCU, but Much more sinister in the comics.

Red skull typically doesnt have depth in what I've read. Just a hate-filled, ignorant A-hole just like Hitler. LOL

Loki, yes I will allow it. haha He is good in the MCU, but Much more sinister in the comics.

Red skull typically doesnt have depth in what I've read. Just a hate-filled, ignorant A-hole just like Hitler. LOL

Well not to defend a Nazi, because let's face it he is a scumbag but then most villains are. He actually found Hitler's view of superior to be superficial and basically wanted rule over the world himself because he thinks that only superior beings enhanced by science, or even magic, are actually fit to do so. Hence his constant search for power, and his lack of respect for normal human beings. To him he's transcended all that and Captain America is one of the few beings on the planet that can actually cause him a problem.

It's narcissism, hate and greed for power. Classic villain.

Well I respectfully disagree this looks and feels like GG to me, and I can't help feeling that if this was being done by someone else you would be singing it's praises up and down.

Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I respectfully disagree this looks and feels like GG to me, and I can't help feeling that if this was being done by someone else you would be singing it's praises up and down.

There is a difference to share or like. If someone else do the Green Goblin i never want to buy it. I don´t like how it looks.
I´m to old to play childlike games like that, post negative things about a statue just because is it from a different company.

:wave

Fixed for you...I know that there are some license issues between Marvel/Disney & Fox, but I can't understand how Sideshow has not made a premium format of Magneto happen yet.

(The horrible offscale statue that they released when they first started statues does not count)

I know. Main villain from Xmen and we are still waiting :gah:

Wow, this is wickedly good! Fully sculpted, detailed to the hilt, with kick-arse creative touches..............brilliant!

And for those who protest SS creative slant on this (?), pure ********. If Xm designed this, it would be deemed an instant classic, ....which it is. Get used to it ladies & gents, cause Sideshow is ripping a page outta Xm's playbook, so more dynamic posing, more ultra details, more sneak pics for works in progress, more creative touches, & am sure better bases will follow. I drool at the thought of things to come from Sideshow.

P.S. I also think that we will be getting a more classic portrait with this fantastic sculpt. We are in for a treat with this one.

Hope this turns out good and keep the ES reasonable.

Wow, this is wickedly good! Fully sculpted, detailed to the hilt, with kick-arse creative touches..............brilliant!

And for those who protest SS creative slant on this (?), pure ********. If Xm designed this, it would be deemed an instant classic, ....which it is. Get used to it ladies & gents, cause Sideshow is ripping a page outta Xm's playbook, so more dynamic posing, more ultra details, more sneak pics for works in progress, more creative touches, & am sure better bases will follow. I drool at the thought of things to come from Sideshow.

P.S. I also think that we will be getting a more classic portrait with this fantastic sculpt. We are in for a treat with this one.

There is a certain level of fearlessness that you can have working with Zbrush... that and economy of time when it comes to designs and taking risks with them. While I am itching to get back to the clay, I can honestly say that it is totally insane how much I can do in ZBrush, and the speed an efficiency there is to some of the design process. You want to try stiching on part of the costume, you pull up the brush and with a little bit of work you have stitching. If you don't like it Ctrl+Z and it is gone. The same work traditionally would take HOURS if not days traditionally. The fact that SSC is starting to move a little more in that direction means that I think we may see a little more of these early teases, and some more exciting designs from them as well.

There is a difference to share or like. If someone else do the Green Goblin i never want to buy it. I don´t like how it looks.
I´m to old to play childlike games like that, post negative things about a statue just because is it from a different company.

:wave

feacdc5ee619df3f20a7f77d72385459.gif

Back