Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure hope he's talking about venom. Gonna be hard to beat the last one tho. That one was amazingggggg.... one of my favs by far.

I sure hope he's talking about venom. Gonna be hard to beat the last one tho. That one was amazingggggg.... one of my favs by far.

I saw one for the first time in person this past weekend (along with iron spiderman). Venom was phenomenal looking.

Yeah, a great concept & sculpt, but still perplexing, & a bit of a bummer, why classic portrait GG was not produced. As stated on statue forum, SS should really consider making classic & modern portraits a standard, period. This would allow SS to cover a wider fan base, with each character having two distinctive looks, as their Rhino & Deadpool show with great success. Still an absolutely fantastic sculpt of GG!

As for getting a positive vibe from SS of late, I believe we will see more timely releases for the Spidey line, hoping no more 1 or 2 years wait for next character release. I predict we will see GG go up for pre-order very shortly, with a possible second rogue issued before year's end. I mean I'm still totally confused on why SS never followed up with more character releases for the original Spidey, Venom, & Carnage comi line?! Possibly the 3 best renditions of these characters, completely sold out, praised by all, & then nothing?! Sideshow, please do not make the same mistake,........ ever again.

P.S. We did get Rhino, ................................................................................................................after an excruciatingly long wait. Amen.

Yeah, a great concept & sculpt, but still perplexing, & a bit of a bummer, why classic portrait GG was not produced. As stated on statue forum, SS should really consider making classic & modern portraits a standard, period. This would allow SS to cover a wider fan base, with each character having two distinctive looks, as their Rhino & Deadpool show with great success. Still an absolutely fantastic sculpt of GG!

As for getting a positive vibe from SS of late, I believe we will see more timely releases for the Spidey line, hoping no more 1 or 2 years wait for next character release. I predict we will see GG go up for pre-order very shortly, with a possible second rogue issued before year's end. I mean I'm still totally confused on why SS never followed up with more character releases for the original Spidey, Venom, & Carnage comi line?! Possibly the 3 best renditions of these characters, completely sold out, praised by all, & then nothing?! Sideshow, please do not make the same mistake,........ ever again.

P.S. We did get Rhino, ................................................................................................................after an excruciatingly long wait. Amen.

The end of the original Spidey COM line probably had to do with the fact that it was an artist inspired line. The original Spidey, Venom, and Carnage COMs were all a part of the Olivetti line. The artist inspired lines don't tend to go on for very long. The Brooks, Olivetti,and Hughes lines all seem to be wrapped up. It's a damn shame. I especially wanted a classic AH Storm COM. I can't believe they axed the line before she was released. Having Emma, Mystique, Rogue, and Black Queen but not Storm leaves a HUGE hole in my collection.

I agree 100% with including both modern and classic portraits whenever possible. I'm sure most collectors would be thrilled to have an option as to which era of a character they want to display.

They could've done the exact same headsculpt minus goggles and people would've been happier (cough....Emma Frost PF....cough Batgirl PF....lazy)
Gonna put my money on a change-o-hand with different pumpkin bomb as the EX...yawn

They could've done the exact same headsculpt minus goggles and people would've been happier (cough....Emma Frost PF....cough Batgirl PF....lazy)
Gonna put my money on a change-o-hand with different pumpkin bomb as the EX...yawn

I hope the EX is better than that. That would almost be as lame as the modern Thor PF exclusive. How could they not know a COH was what most collectors would want? I wouldn't mind an EX that doesn't blow me away if 2 portraits are included. Look at the Doom PF. The EX on that was OK but hardly anything special. However, if you took away the classic mask, the piece wouldn't be nearly as good as it turned out IMO.

I agree with you 100%. Even a COH without googles would work with this PF.

I hope the EX is better than that. That would almost be as lame as the modern Thor PF exclusive. How could they not know a COH was what most collectors would want? I wouldn't mind an EX that doesn't blow me away if 2 portraits are included. Look at the Doom PF. The EX on that was OK but hardly anything special. However, if you took away the classic mask, the piece wouldn't be nearly as good as it turned out IMO.

I agree with you 100%. Even a COH without googles would work with this PF.

They had to have known that a classic style head would be the most wanted EX (and most obvious...). It is like they are deliberately not giving us what we want to prove they don't take the boring smooth road (totally unnecessary IMO).

Oh well I'm gonna stop crying about it now. Rant over. Still anxious to see the full reveal.

They had to have known that a classic style head would be the most wanted EX (and most obvious...). It is like they are deliberately not giving us what we want to prove they don't take the boring smooth road (totally unnecessary IMO).

Oh well I'm gonna stop crying about it now. Rant over. Still anxious to see the full reveal.

I understand and even agree this might be true... But it couldn't be further than the truth for me. I will most likely not display the classic hulk pf head. I love the spidey pf head sculpt. And I would have preferred Thor with no helmet.

Classic is not my preferred style.

Given their policy of making exclusives non-essential, it will be a long shot that the EX will redeem this release for those expecting something a little more classic.

That and Igo said already it's too late.

Given their policy of making exclusives non-essential, it will be a long shot that the EX will redeem this release for those expecting something a little more classic.

That and Igo said already it's too late.

True, but even giving us a portrait without goggles would be cool. I mean, look at the EX on the Batgirl PF. I think they'd be able to squeeze that in. It's not like a lot of work would be required to give us a COH without goggles.

True, but even giving us a portrait without goggles would be cool. I mean, look at the EX on the Batgirl PF. I think they'd be able to squeeze that in. It's not like a lot of work would be required to give us a COH without goggles.

It isn't the work persay it is also the approvals process... This is pretty far down the pipeline already and they can't risk a delay or get their hand slapped by Marvel. If the head is removeable a classic custom will get made.

It isn't the work persay it is also the approvals process... This is pretty far down the pipeline already and they can't risk a delay or get their hand slapped by Marvel. If the head is removeable a classic custom will get made.

Add it to the list, Spidey!

**** it!!!!! Classic head or no classic head, the more I look at this fugley beauty, the more amazing it gets. Instant buy, unless they have really screwed up the rest of the statue, which is doubtful in the extreme. Just show & tell already Sideshow!

Moving on... I too would like to see more pics. I wonder if this is precedent for SS showing more WIP pics?

Back