Greatest movie poster of all time! (new and old)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly not a contender for "greatest poster of all time" or anything but in 1985 I had a hard time looking away from the Freddy's Revenge poster. Chick looked smoking hot and the mirror reflection was creepy as hell.

84bbc546f2bf92a202b95d4550235399.jpg

Definite points for originality on that one, and originality goes a long way.

d2untawsm1b1rru3liub.jpg

akira_poster_03.jpg

and here's one for a movie that wasn't really that great, but the execution of the poster is terrific....I love this one:

tumblr_njz3vqjvPg1qm7fcfo1_1280.jpg

Just as an aside, I thought I'd show a couple posters in my collection that were never used as actual movie posters, but we're released as anniversary posters but are the same size as actual movie posters.

sw-first10drew.jpg

Star+Wars+-+The+Empire+Strikes+Back+(1980)+10th+Anniversary.jpg

tumblr_nhqamdLW121s6w6foo1_1280.jpg

No offense, but I don't know how anybody can get very excited over a poster that's just a picture of a guy on a bike.
:lol

Yeah, some people are obviously equating "my favorite movie" with "greatest one-sheet ever." Fortunately for those of us who are Star Wars fans the Style A one-sheets for SW and ESB *are* two of the greatest posters ever made.

star-wars-first-poster.jpg

s-l1000.jpg
I think the t2 poster definitely has a place in any great movie posters thread. It's my second favourite film ;)

:lol at all the redundant Star Wars posters.

The Warriors one is great.

But you would be hard pressed to find a finer poster than Segal's......

1347350359.jpg

Clash of the Titans, Escape From New York, Star Wars, Jaws, and Nightmare on Elm Street are the childhood classics that stand out for me.

For more recent stuff, I was impressed with these two.

KingKong_onesheet_advance-topofES-1.jpg

top-luchshie-postery-k-filmam-116.jpg

Back