Greatest movie poster of all time! (new and old)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About to well up here just reimagining the planes gunning down big Kong in the back after that moment in the movie. :(

I miss all the painted posters. I have never seen a few that were posted. Clash of the Titans is particularly awesome!

All of my favorites have been shared so I have no images to add.

I don't own anything before 1970, but I m a fan of the poster art prior to the 1960's as well. Everything I have posted so far, I actually own, except for The Empire Strikes Back one sheet, which I owned at one time. Don't ask, but it involves an ex-girlfriend.

Strange choices here.......definitely a few people choosing favorite movies versus poster with excellent artwork or images....

+2 King Kong
+1 Big Trouble in Little China
+2 Excaliber
+2 Nightmare on Elm Street
+1 Animal House

-1 Warriors
-1 Into the Sun ...looks like a high school project
-1 I am Wrath (see above)
-1 Akira
-1 Revenge of the Jedi (?)
-1 Insider (???)
-1 Empire Strikes Back...( all the other besides the Original and Ohari's)

This one is overlooked, but seriously came close to adding this to my wall....its pretty damn good....

madmax.jpg

Did you even bother reading what I said about The Insider? I don't think it's a great movie but it's a fantastic and striking poster design with its use of negative space and the text designed as a surgeon general's warning.

In a sea of movie posters on display on a multiplex wall, that one stands out and grabs the viewer's attention.

And another "?" for Revenge of the Jedi, one of the most sought-after one-sheets of all time gets a question mark from you?

Did you even bother reading what I said about The Insider? I don't think it's a great movie but it's a fantastic and striking poster design with its use of negative space and the text designed as a surgeon general's warning.

In a sea of movie posters on display on a multiplex wall, that one stands out and grabs the viewer's attention.

And another "?" for Revenge of the Jedi, one of the most sought-after one-sheets of all time gets a question mark from you?

I have to agree, I have a (unauthenticated) Revenge of the Jedi poster, and it is quite stunning.

I stand by my rating...... Insider poster is simple boring.....especially compare to the other being posted...nothing about it stand out to me.

As far as Revenge of the Jedi just because it rare does not make it a good poster.....

I much prefer this one....

Star-Wars-VI-Return-Jedi-affiche.jpg

Iconic poster, lackluster movie ...

5fd56480-s.jpg

Also ... the Chickbusters character posters were really awesome looking ... if only they'd been attached to a better remake by almost any other director ..

Ghostbusters-Full-432x640.jpg

I'd've loved those posters, with different actors, characters, directors, storyline, etc. Instead, they're just a pathetic reminder of what could've been.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Count me in as another person who appreciates the beautiful design of the Insider poster. I think the negative space and limited colors makes it stunning and exciting. It makes you feel the austerity and isolation of the characters, and like you pointed out, it cleverly recalls the general surgeon's warning label. Also like you said, it stands out against all other visually busy movie posters. Love it.

And hey, the movie was good! Nothing wrong with it at all!

I like the Revenge of the Jedi poster as well--love the texture/grit and the stark red and black colors. Very graphic. I *think* I may have an original one of those. I know I got one in advance of the movie for being part of the Star Wars Club way back in 1982/83, but I'm not 100% sure if it said "revenge" or not. Next time I visit my mom I'll have to dig it up and see.

Count me in as another person who appreciates the beautiful design of the Insider poster. I think the negative space and limited colors makes it stunning and exciting. It makes you feel the austerity and isolation of the characters, and like you pointed out, it cleverly recalls the general surgeon's warning label. Also like you said, it stands out against all other visually busy movie posters. Love it.

And hey, the movie was good! Nothing wrong with it at all!

I like the Revenge of the Jedi poster as well--love the texture/grit and the stark red and black colors. Very graphic. I *think* I may have an original one of those. I know I got one in advance of the movie for being part of the Star Wars Club way back in 1982/83, but I'm not 100% sure if it said "revenge" or not. Next time I visit my mom I'll have to dig it up and see.

It worth quite a bit if its Revenge....

Awesome thread. A lot of you posted some of my favorites like Terminator "Which I own the 84 poster" but here are mine that no one has posted that I love and it has a lot to do with my name and own some of them. :) Oh and some other ones I will throw in that I love too. I won't post all that I love but here's just a few.
2wrjgic.jpg

dr6vy1.jpg

b6a81s.jpg

2my6ql3.jpg

29m3rf8.jpg

w139ck.jpg

33wa1w5.jpg

34j7tqx.jpg

25zmjjo.jpg

a41tv5.jpg

i1aec1.jpg

hsnqc1.jpg