Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the Wasteland timeline in terms of the movies?

And what is Max doing about the time this Furiosa movie takes place?

Unable to answer because the timelines remain nebulous and I refuse to use the timeline retcon explanation in those comic books you are going to have to harass Prime Clone for that lol

Mad Max is more “legend” than strict blocks of time.

As mentioned a coupla pages back, the modern Max movies are like a soft reboot. Miller confirms they're part of the same timeline as the OT but he's taken liberties. And FR does happen after BT.

As for my take on Furiosa, I know my taste is questionable (being a fan of the PT, Snyderverse, Webbverse, STID, Matrix Reloaded etc.) but... I liked it a lot. It's more story and character-driven than FR (though I probably still give FR the edge for its Max factor, and more epic-scale action sequences).

It also expands the lore and world-building of the Wasteland.

And yes, there's more of a RW vibe (there's even asphalt at one point!) with maybe a dash of BT.

I was on the lookout for CGI but didn't see anything obvious enough to take me out of the film.

It dovetails seamlessly into FR, and if The Wasteland ever gets made :pray: I can see it intersecting nicely with Furiosa.

The exact MM timeline is still elusive but I'm nutting it out.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
So if Furiosa is say "10-15 years" before Fury Road, then its possible that the Furiosa movie takes place before Thunderdome?

Spoiler Spoiler:

So if Furiosa is say "10-15 years" before Fury Road, then its possible that the Furiosa movie takes place before Thunderdome?
1716335501721.gif

This approximate timeline was posted on Reddit by someone whose maths is probably better than mine:

2015: Oil Wars

2016: Water Wars

2019: Mad Max

2020: Nukes

2027: The Road Warrior

2043: Beyond Thunderdome

2047: Furiosa

2063: Fury Road

(It should be noted Furiosa takes place *across* the 15-ish years before FR)

Assuming Max is mid-20s in MM1, that would make him 70-ish in FR. So that's a bit too far of a stretch for me.

Mad Max 1 takes place 1984-85 graffiti on sign proves this.

Road Warrior takes place 3 years after so 1987-88.

Beyond Thunderdome takes place 14 years after Road Warrior so 2001-2002.

Fury Road…oh boy here we go.

His tattoo says 33 years (12,045 days) after the fall of society which was Road Warrior 1987 so Fury Road is 2020-2021.

How old is Mad Max in Fury Road, his 40’s right.

That freaking tattoo proves that he’s not Max he has to be the Feral Kid because that puts him as a kid in the mid to late 80’s!

Plus his hallucinations are about a daughter yet he had a son in Mad Max.

Plus he grabbed a boomerang in Fury Road lol

Last edited:
This approximate timeline was posted on Reddit by someone whose maths is probably better than mine:

2015: Oil Wars

2016: Water Wars

2019: Mad Max

2020: Nukes

2027: The Road Warrior

2043: Beyond Thunderdome

2047: Furiosa

2063: Fury Road

(It should be noted Furiosa takes place *across* the 15-ish years before FR)

Assuming Max is mid-20s in MM1, that would make him 70-ish in FR. So that's a bit too far of a stretch for me.
Wait wut the graffiti on the road sign in Mad Max says 1984 and the movie came out in 79 and the narrative text even said “a few years from now”.

Wait wut the graffiti on the road sign in Mad Max says 1984 and the movie came out in 79 and the narrative text even said “a few years from now”.
At this point I think we have to disregard any date references from the OT.

That’s from those crazy comic books.

Watch it boys Prime bringing his funny books.
Comic books are worst than cartoons.
I know da funnybooks aren't popular but they were written by Miller so provide further clues.

Back