Grand Admiral Thrawn 1/6--LINK TO BUY IN FIRST POST!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Grand Admiral Thrawn 1/6!!

Also, Been saying that thrawn was gonna be the EU figure for some time.
But ACTUALLY seeing the tease more or less had me Drunk with excitement for the past couple of hours.

Had to go out to get dinner and calm down :D

Wow, you really owe it to yourself to get out more...:D.

Seriously, though, I'm glad you're excited. I can respect that. Everyone on this board has some particular (perhaps odd) areas of fandom that really hit the spot for them personally. That said, however, you would do better to respect those a bit more who might "not get" your own particular area of iterest or obsession. We're just expressing opinions, and no one deserves to be called "pathetic" for it...

By the way, there's no such thing as the EU..:cool:

IMO SW = philosophy wrapped in sci fi.

Zahn = sci fi dressed in SW.

It's a great idea for a figure but I hope it comes out a little better than the sneak preview. I hope Mara Jade is coming soon.
:chew

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

Sorry but i'm glad Thrawn is on my "to do" list as this one looks awful!

Easy pass for me, as have been alot of the currently releases from SSC when it comes down to Star Wars...

It is nice to see some other characters except constant re-touches of Obi, Anakin, Luke etc...

Piett and Praji?

If you're going for an officer theme, yes. I don't. Piett and his two Stormtroopers are awaiting their Vader and Praji and my Giles custom (who'll be moved to Piett's Vader when we get Tarkin) flank ANH Vader and both are flanked by Stormtroopers. The Emperor is awaiting his Shocktroopers. Thrawn.... pending. :lol I suppose I could use Stormtroopers, but he used Noghri, clones and then later, redid the 501st which we have yet to get.

Last edited:

Thrawn!!!! Wow! I never imagined we would get him. He's a buy for sure!

I haven't posted anything in a looong time, but I regularly check in for info/ custom figure goodness. The very idea of this figure existing seems to divide us fans more than any other Sideshow figure so far. If you're an old fart like me who was in elementary school when "Star Wars" was released in '77 (before the 'ep. 4 a new hope' confusion was tacked on), you'll remember the Dark Times leading up to the Zahn trilogy. When these books came out, they were ALL WE HAD. They were good. Most Importantly, they proved to the Powers That Be that Star Wars was still lucrative. Then, the action figures returned, as well as more novels, video games and some independent films called Episode I, II, and III. If you don't want to buy this TOY, fine. If you have no concept of Thrawn's place in the Star Wars legacy, do a little research before you chime in with a "who do ugly blue empire man be? me no see him in cartoon" comment.

I think I'll get it. I liked Thrawn's trilogy (waaaay more than Lucas' Clone Wars), besides that I love and collect Imperials.

Wow, you really owe it to yourself to get out more...:D.

Seriously, though, I'm glad you're excited. I can respect that. Everyone on this board has some particular (perhaps odd) areas of fandom that really hit the spot for them personally. That said, however, you would do better to respect those a bit more who might "not get" your own particular area of iterest or obsession. We're just expressing opinions, and no one deserves to be called "pathetic" for it...

By the way, there's no such thing as the EU..:cool:

The joys of being in my Senior year in college :) Hell, last semester too.

It is however, kinda sad that there are present day Fans of starwars, Hell, of this 1/6th sideshow line who have NO IDEA who Thrawn is, nor how important he is to Star wars. It's allmost as bad as Being a World war II buff, but not knowing who Eva Braun is. Not the same, mind you, but she is important.
Moving on... If this character did not exist, we would not have anywhere NEAR the stuff avaliable to us as far as star wars collectibles go. we would have the 80's toys, some burger king glasses, and some really goofy marvel comics, and a few nic-nacks here and there, but that would be it.

Read next quote for more info.

I haven't posted anything in a looong time, but I regularly check in for info/ custom figure goodness. The very idea of this figure existing seems to divide us fans more than any other Sideshow figure so far. If you're an old fart like me who was in elementary school when "Star Wars" was released in '77 (before the 'ep. 4 a new hope' confusion was tacked on), you'll remember the Dark Times leading up to the Zahn trilogy. When these books came out, they were ALL WE HAD. They were good. Most Importantly, they proved to the Powers That Be that Star Wars was still lucrative. Then, the action figures returned, as well as more novels, video games and some independent films called Episode I, II, and III. If you don't want to buy this TOY, fine. If you have no concept of Thrawn's place in the Star Wars legacy, do a little research before you chime in with a "who do ugly blue empire man be? me no see him in cartoon" comment.

Awesome post Jus!!! :rock

I quit collecting PT, Clone Wars doesn't tell me anything, but reading some of the EU especially Timothy Zahn's books makes me remember original Star Wars, the Star Wars I grew up with in a country ruled by Communists until 1990. For me Star Wars had maybe even a greater impact, because the constraints of the "red era" were eased a bit by watching this when I was a child. Early 90's the only thing available were EU books and many of them are very close to my heart.

Looking at the new products listing on the sideshow site, it seems there will be a regular and exclusive version of thrawn, so any guesses on the exclusive?
Guessing NOT the ysalamiri, since it's in the preview shot.

MUST BUY for me.....im sure im the ONLY one in Australia that will be buying him though...SIGH...lol

nah mate, I like thrawn never read the stories but still looks cool & I like the old Hasbro figure, if it comes out in a bare part of the year I will get it

Thrawn.jpg

It looks like Doctor Manhattan bought a wig.

I'm fairly excited by this figure to be honest.

Makes a change to be able to order two figures (Anakin) rather than yet another armoured figure.

I now see why some people were so naffed off with the amount of Jedi in the first 18 months.

Back