1/6 Grand Admiral Thrawn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! It's the Disney Krennic body.

I love that body, although the wrists are a bit too long for the tailoring. At some point I'm going to dremel them down and drill in wrist pegs. On mine, I'm using a generic body with the biceps dremeled down. Not ideal lol

No shame in a little dremel work! :) Yeah, the Krennic body is great but the wrists looked long to me too. I just remembered I had some extra SS Naboo Maul hands I bought a while ago and stuck them on. They work perfectly and don't look too long.

Here's a shot of him with the Maul hands.

IMG_1179.JPG

Just finished up on the body swap. Much happier! Will try to get some dslr pics soon!

Still working on mine. Gotta get some code cylinders and rank badges made up. And replace that belt too.

View attachment 349981

View attachment 349980

Looks great! I'm debating whether or not to use the Krennic body. For me the length of the forearms are fine but gotta dremmel the whole wider for the hot toys sized hand pegs. Going with the bare skinned hands. Your headsculpt looks great. What base head are you using or is it totally custom?

Looks great! I'm debating whether or not to use the Krennic body. For me the length of the forearms are fine but gotta dremmel the whole wider for the hot toys sized hand pegs. Going with the bare skinned hands. Your headsculpt looks great. What base head are you using or is it totally custom?

Thanks! It's the Headplay Al Pacino sculpt. It's just a smidge undersized...just a smidge. But I really liked the look of it so I went ahead and painted it up.

Before you dremel on the forearms you might try sticking the hands in some near boiling water for 30 seconds then putting them on the Krennic pegs. That's what I did with the Maul hands.

Thanks! It's the Headplay Al Pacino sculpt. It's just a smidge undersized...just a smidge. But I really liked the look of it so I went ahead and painted it up.

Before you dremel on the forearms you might try sticking the hands in some near boiling water for 30 seconds then putting them on the Krennic pegs. That's what I did with the Maul hands.

Yeah the Krennic body works perfect with ht pegs if you warm up the forearm. Had it like
That for months with my Jedi Luke swap

The Pacino head looks good! Thanks for that tip with the pegs.

Here is mine- still in progress. Just need the white pants and boots which are on order and finding something for the cylinders. I think I'll keep the Krennic belt since Thrawn wears a blaster in Rebels.

Head- Chris Evans/ Steve Rogers re-sculpted hair and re-painted
Shoulder Ranking - Shoulder pads from CG Ninja Suit Motoko Kusanagi that fell off and repainted

I'll post again when fully completed!
IMG_20170704_090247.jpg

The Pacino head looks good! Thanks for that tip with the pegs.

Here is mine- still in progress. Just need the white pants and boots which are on order and finding something for the cylinders. I think I'll keep the Krennic belt since Thrawn wears a blaster in Rebels.

Head- Chris Evans/ Steve Rogers re-sculpted hair and re-painted
Shoulder Ranking - Shoulder pads from CG Ninja Suit Motoko Kusanagi that fell off and repainted

I'll post again when fully completed!
View attachment 350838

Looks awesome! What blue are you using? Here's a pic of mine; swapped back to the Krennic body, and also repainted the buckle a more metallic color.

49f693f5d4747fc5a7e8aefedc7abeb5.jpg

Looks great, Andrew!

I like that Krennic body best, Zach.

How is everybody attaching the shoulder ranks? I'm working on mine and was wondering how best to secure them.

Looks great, Andrew!

I like that Krennic body best, Zach.

How is everybody attaching the shoulder ranks? I'm working on mine and was wondering how best to secure them.

I used scale fencing for rail roads as a scaffold and then double sided tape. It's not the best method but it's very rigid and I can shape it to match the pose. I cover the scaffold with adhesive craft foam that is painted gold.

596bd9ed1e96681d6a5ece35ecb77d14.jpg

I use Citadel hobby paints- a blend of 'lothern' and 'teclis' blue. I use this brand for everything!

Thanks! I just used straight Gorilla glue to stick them on. I stuck a peice of card under the shirt around the shoulders to give a bit more structure.

Thanks! I just used straight Gorilla glue to stick them on. I stuck a peice of card under the shirt around the shoulders to give a bit more structure.

That paint work looks awesome. May have to give it a go on mine!

Finished out my imperial officers last night minus some slight repainting of Yularen. Made some buckle casts from the marmit tie pilot and rank bar casts from The Disney Krennic

Looks great! Getting ready to do my own Thrawn as well.

I'd be interested in buying a few buckle casts if you're interested in selling a few.

Here's my completed Thrawn. Though with Hot Toys coming out with a Tarkin, I'll probably end up grabbing the tunic, cylinders and belt to upgrade this figure.
LRM_EXPORT_20170728_093555.jpg

Back