GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally rewatched Kong SI after seeing it theatrical only once and not liking it and unfortunately my opinion hasn't changed if anything he has no business going anywhere near Godzilla.

He looks cool and all sure but what a wimp I mean he couldn't even defeat a lame skull crawler without resorting to cheating by using a weapon against it.

Jackson's Kong might've been smaller but he was more bad ass, cunning and ferocious when it came to fighting.

I hope 20 Godzilla just ignores Kong like Shin would and keeps walking lol

I only *just* watched Skull Island. Forgettable. Speaking of which, I can't remember if I saw Jackson's version or not. :dunno

I figure any Godzilla would just barbecue the big ape.

Outside of the MCU I think they're all (minus SLJ) going to struggle even RDJ.

But lets see even if RDJ struggles as an actor again and all of his movies bomb that will leave him with only 320 million to live off for the next 30-40 years I don't know how he's going to do it lol

His watch alone cost over 200k :rotfl

I heard he still wants to do another Holmes film :lol

So I finally rewatched Kong SI after seeing it theatrical only once and not liking it and unfortunately my opinion hasn't changed if anything he has no business going anywhere near Godzilla.

He looks cool and all sure but what a wimp I mean he couldn't even defeat a lame skull crawler without resorting to cheating by using a weapon against it.

Jackson's Kong might've been smaller but he was more bad ass, cunning and ferocious when it came to fighting.

I hope 20 Godzilla just ignores Kong like Shin would and just keeps walking lol

I have no idea how they plan to make Kong a threat for Godzilla.

Unless he also has a Super Saiyan form we haven't seen.

Especially since Kong gets wittle booboos from helicopter blades :lol

There probably gonna pull that electricity **** again . All I know is that Godzilla better win

Possible outcomes.

They fight twice, each win a fight, then team up to fight bigger threat. They shake hands or nod to each other in approval in the end.

They fight 3 times, monkey wins final fight because USA character in USA made film.

They fight 3 times, Godzilla wins final fight.

There probably gonna pull that electricity **** again . All I know is that Godzilla better win

They better ****ing not :lol. Electricity would do nothing to this Godzilla. Especially since they’ve shown he can take a nuke to the face as well as Ghidorahs gravity beams which instantly turns humans to ash. Real lightning doesn’t even do that. Lightning barely cracks 50k F temperature wise...nukes get upwards of 150 Million degrees F, depending on yield. Kong’s sparkly fingers aint gonna do **** :lol

They better ****ing not :lol. Electricity would do nothing to this Godzilla. Especially since they’ve shown he can take a nuke to the face as well as Ghidorahs gravity beams which instantly turns humans to ash. Real lightning doesn’t even do that. Lightning barely cracks 50k F temperature wise...nukes get upwards of 150 Million degrees F, depending on yield. Kong’s sparkly fingers aint gonna do **** :lol

It shouldn’t of hurt him to begin with lol. That Godzilla in the 1969 movie was taking hits from canons and jet fire. It baffled me that a little electricity got to him. 1954 Godzilla pretty much powered through electric high voltage cables when they tried to stop him.

But I think people love the idea of Kong vs Godzilla they don’t think of the power scaling . Same with Batman vs Superman.

Yes it’s cool to say but I mean come on. It’s a giant gorilla vs a indestructible fire breathing dinosaur that eats nukes and survives black holes. People just love watching iconic characters fight tbh.

Freddy vs Jason made lots of money back then. I want to see more vs movies

I know it's an old joke but I still like:

"Mothra! Why did you say that name!?"

BF6F30A8-B19D-49BE-B2D2-C66BE91C2FEF.jpeg

Looking at the box office now it's gotten to $340 million worldwide, so it's hit the low-end of what it needs to break even, it's probably going to end up where it's not a loss but doesn't make any money either.

As long as it’s not a loss, if GvK can do 2014/KSI numbers, there may be a future for the MonsterVerse. I also read, though I’m sure it cost more, that it’s made more than John Wick 3, which I’d think would do far better.

Yeah. Even if you're just going off budget (sources disagree on whether it cost 170 million or 200 million), you have to take into account things like the marketing costs and the fact that most of this money is coming from China, where U.S. studios get a far smaller cut of the profit. That's been one of the shortsighted issues with Hollywood's push into China. Unless you're doing super huge numbers there, it's often not enough to make up for low performances abroad.

It depends on how much WB spent on making the film and on the marketing. Studios usually get 50-55% of the US box Office, and probably less than that from the international BO, especially China's, which is like 25 to 30%.

Back