GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the pace of this movie may be the real issue. Where 2014 was a slow build up, this movie dove straight into the deep end and didn't slow down at all. We open with an action sequence with Mothra, fairly quickly move to Antartica, jump over to Mexico, from there it's a mix of Godzilla's ancient temple, DC and Boston and then straight to the Boston finale.

The oxygen destroyer makes an appearance but could have been a point for some solid drama and slown the film down a bit without getting boring. This could have also been woven into elaborated drama between Monarch and the government.

Build upon those and add more to the story with the eco terrorists and particularly Charles Dance and you'd have more meat in the movie which as is feels more like a 100mph roller coaster that never lets up. It's like 2 extremes, 2014 was criticized for a number of things, this movie goes 180 on most of those but even that's not the best case scenario, the best falls somewhere between the two.

There absolutely needed to be something built out of the oxygen destroyer not just “oops we killed Godzilla”. The human characters need to be “punished” for it’s use. You can build Charles Dance into that as well. He should have had some commentary on it like “see? That weapon is exactly why we need the titans to restore balance” Maybe that will be the crux of GvK. Maybe Goji has had enough and begins his 1954 esque tear down of humanity which they then try to bring in Kong to help or something.

We’ll see, such a thing would be cool but the news stories in the credits imply Godzilla keeps going around keeping other monsters in line, so he’s still a defender for now.

Can’t swim?

GentleSaltyKangaroo-size_restricted.gif

We’ll see, such a thing would be cool but the news stories in the credits imply Godzilla keeps going around keeping other monsters in line, so he’s still a defender for now.

Dr. Chens line “for now” could be foreshadowing for GvK or the following movie (which is unlikely at this point)

Why didn’t Kong come and bow to Godzilla.

I guess we’ll never know now lol

Hangover, bro

There absolutely needed to be something built out of the oxygen destroyer not just “oops we killed Godzilla”. The human characters need to be “punished” for it’s use. You can build Charles Dance into that as well. He should have had some commentary on it like “see? That weapon is exactly why we need the titans to restore balance” Maybe that will be the crux of GvK. Maybe Goji has had enough and begins his 1954 esque tear down of humanity which they then try to bring in Kong to help or something.

That’s kinda what it implies at the end when that girl says “ he’s a friend for now”

Does anyone remember the film when Godzilla talked

There was one...believe it or not

It was soooo bad, but it did happen :lol

That’s kinda what it implies at the end when that girl says “ he’s a friend for now”

Yeah, I mentioned that a few posts up. The question is will that be seen in GvK or not.

Does anyone remember the film when Godzilla talked

There was one...believe it or not

It was soooo bad, but it did happen :lol

Of course. Godzilla vs Gigan :lol

There’s also All Monsters Attack where Minilla speaks...but be warned. It is a cursed video :lol

Yeah, I mentioned that a few posts up. The question is will that be seen in GvK or not.

Of course. Godzilla vs Gigan :lol

There’s also All Monsters Attack where Minilla speaks...but be warned. It is a cursed video :lol

Excellent :hi5:

My childhood remembered :lol

Not likely, but if GvK delivered a scene of Godzilla destroying a city by himself, that alone would be worth the price of admission.

I finally saw this and thought it was OK. Liked it 10x more than the 2014 film and 100x more than MIB: Inturdnational.

Ghidorah was a decent but underused villain. I've never seen any of the original Toho movies, so was Ghidorah's theme in KOTM remixed from one of the Toho themes or was it something they made up for the film?

It sounds like it was hard to even get to use the ones they got, perhaps I***ube’s estate also has a say beyond Toho. I wasn’t crazy about the new theme until seeing the movie, the new theme fits this version of Ghidorah, and the movie, the old one would probably feel out of place, same with Rodan, the new theme worked great for the aerial dogfight.

Back