God Of War: Ascension

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: God OF War 4

The God of War franchise is what got me interested in video games once again after 10 years of non-play. I use to play games all the time back in the 80's and 90's and just stopped for many years, but these games were so awesome I just had to get a PS3 to purchase all of them.

I was never able to get into these even though they're always impressive and visually awesome. Saw some stutter in the frame rate though. I hope these frame rate problems in all these demos is just because of the early stage of development.

Hmm, I loved god of War when it first came out and no.2 but the gameplay looks exactly the same and i'm bored of it tbh.

hey guys thought you might get a kick out of what we just got delivered to the studio. this thing is massive!

527758_4144958745093_1772008749_n.jpg

461065_4144959345108_1455060098_o.jpg

468216_4144970905397_1260379316_o.jpg

412612_4144959145103_877355754_o.jpg

Wow that kicks ass, I need one of those in my front yard! Is that where my GOW games are created Sony santa monica?

This type of gameplay (and my interest in greek myth) is the reason I keep buying these GOW games and this one looks just as amazing as the previous releases. :yess: Can't wait!

Was that from sideshow? I see fabric and metal chains :( ( makes me think of the PF)

Rubin, you're working on the upcoming title (ascension)? Was that next gen what we saw, I'll keep it a secret ;)

Was that from sideshow? I see fabric and metal chains :( ( makes me think of the PF)

Rubin, you're working on the upcoming title (ascension)? Was that next gen what we saw, I'll keep it a secret ;)

no i dont believe this is from sideshow. ill ask on monday. but so far seems like a 1 of a kind for us.

yep im working at sony on gow ascension. and i worked on the last god of war3. yep what we showed was next gen. but not next system. i have no idea when the ps4 is. lol. but just wait till we show more :D

Ruben get me in that studio! I want to be a concept designer for GOW. . .seriously lol

Last edited:

Ruben get me in that studio! I want to be a concept designer for GOW. . .seriously lol

well if u actually do concepts send me link and ill see what i can do. :)

and if anyone wants to know what i did you can see it in the single player and multi player vids. in single player, the work I did was the destruction of the boat and the docks, at 2:47-3:15. and the apple crate at 5:50-6:00. combination of simulation and hand animation, hand cutting the models. alot of time and effort and it paid off

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSo6IwTBMmw[/ame]

for multi player when the megalops slams his fist and cracks the floor i did that effect and when he breaks the arches and ledges i broke those and funny thing i hid easter egg in the pebbles of destruction. they form the holes of the Jason mask. and in god of war3 i also hid jason masks in the cinematics i did. lol

and if anyone wants to know what i did you can see it in the single player and multi player vids. in single player, the work I did was the destruction of the boat and the docks, at 2:47-3:15. and the apple crate at 5:50-6:00. combination of simulation and hand animation, hand cutting the models. alot of time and effort and it paid off

for multi player when the megalops slams his fist and cracks the floor i did that effect and when he breaks the arches and ledges i broke those and funny thing i hid easter egg in the pebbles of destruction. they form the holes of the Jason mask. and in god of war3 i also hid jason masks in the cinematics i did. lol

Great work, man.

Wish I could do stuff like that... but I guess I'll just stick to making fan art, all I do is paint in photoshop all day long. :lol

Great work, man.

Wish I could do stuff like that... but I guess I'll just stick to making fan art, all I do is paint in photoshop all day long. :lol

thanks. and if you do any fan art for gow we have a new blog that every friday is fan art fridays. they choose a piece of art and post it with some of our comments. heres link to anyone wanting to see

https://blog.godofwar.com/

thanks. and if you do any fan art for gow we have a new blog that every friday is fan art fridays. they choose a piece of art and post it with some of our comments. heres link to anyone wanting to see

https://blog.godofwar.com/

Sweet! thanks for the link.

I've been thinking about making a portrait of Kratos, I might get started on it soon... need something to work on since I'm just finishing up on my 2nd Half-Life painting. :)

The gameplay trailer really impressed me. Looking good for a game not coming out for another 9 months. The one odd thing to me (but cool!)...did Kratos actually save someone's life? lol:rotfl

refreshing.

The gameplay trailer really impressed me. Looking good for a game not coming out for another 9 months. The one odd thing to me (but cool!)...did Kratos actually save someone's life? lol:rotfl

refreshing.

thanks, yep 9 months is real soon too. and yes since this is a prequel b4 hes a god of war hes still has some human feelings to others. but as time went on u can tell he lost those feelings and was consumed with rage.

thanks, yep 9 months is real soon too. and yes since this is a prequel b4 hes a god of war hes still has some human feelings to others. but as time went on u can tell he lost those feelings and was consumed with rage.

Exactly what I was thinking, and quite honestly what I've always felt about him as a character. The character we have always played as did not really seem to still have a completeness about him, not like when he was a young captain enjoying success on the battlefield and going home to a loving family. Quite naturally, having all that taken from you would change you. And Kratos says it himself to Ares: "I am not the same man you found that day."

It's those subtle touches to all the games that have really given the series heart. Gameplay wise, each game is pretty much the same format. I love it, but it truly is. But each game has had that one narrative moment that make it an epic experience (the backstory to Kratos' ashes in GoW, or Kratos forsaking Calliope--again--in Chains of Olympus, burying the brother and angrily dismissing Athena in Ghost of Sparta, so on and so forth).

But in any case, great work. That must be an incredible staff over there. I will be playing this game on day one. And I still expect this game to look even better in 9 months...similar to the improvements from the God of War 3 demo to the time where the final product was released.

Back