Media God of War 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, God of War 4 will explore the softer and more sensitive espects of Kratos's heart. It's a story about a man, his feelings, and his struggle to love.

4_gow_kratos_wife.jpg

Oh wow, her wedding ring is the omega symbol :lol also...super realistic Kratos looks...wrong in that shot :horror

I played 1, 2 and 3 but not Ascension or any others.... I think these games are excellent though so I'm happy they have announced 4, but its a PS exclusive so I probably won't play it

Played 1, 2, 3, all the PS vita ones, but never bothered with finishing Ascension. By that point, it all felt like the same. May get the next if they change it up....

:yess::hi5:

Yes base was disappointing, but he was great! Goes well with the Infamous 2 and Uncharted 3 statues I got.

All I know is: there better be a **** ton of ****! :D :naughty

haha I have them too... the Infamous 2 statue was one of the first statues I got..... and the Uncharted 3 is one of my favorites :hi5:

Did you get them in the I2: Hero Edition with the sling bag, that thing is awesome
and the Uncharted Explorer Edition with the chest/box thing, it also had a ring/necklace replica... I loved getting that, it made me feel like I was N. Drake :lol

Im kind of burnt out o the franchise now. It needs a rejuvenation, maybe new characters and setting. My choice is ancient Egypt!

Having said that, I'll probably avoid my own thread for fear of spoilers until I finish them. :lol

Just finished GOW3 Last night. I did a 6 game binge and started with Ascension and went through the games chronologically and finished up the ENTIRE series.

Ascension, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta and GOW3 were completely new to me however I had played GOW1 and GOW2 back in my PS2 days.

This has got to be one of my favorite gaming franchises of all time now!!! I LOVE mythology especially Greek mythology so this was perfect. And I honestly don't get ANY of the hate for Ascension. It was amazing and just as good as the other 5 for sure IMO.

I thought the furrys were excellent antagonists and I loved the story of them going after mortals who betray their blood oaths to the gods.

I hope Kratos comes back and we see other mythologies tackled like Norse or Roman.

The problem is mostly gameplay while the story is so-so, and you'd have to have been a fan of the series for sometime to really understand the problem with Ascension.

The problem is mostly gameplay while the story is so-so, and you'd have to have been a fan of the series for sometime to really understand the problem with Ascension.

I have been a fan of the series for sometime. Since the release of the original games on PS2... GoW1 and GoW2 I've played countless times when they were brand new on my PS2.

And the gameplay is the same as all the other GoW games so not sure how you mean?

As far as story. That's subjective and I found it great! Completely befitting of the entire franchise.

Last edited:
I have been a fan of the series for sometime. Since the release of the original game on PS2... GoW1 and GoW2 I've played countless times when they were brand new on my PS2.

And the gameplay is the same as all the other GoW games so not sure how you mean?

As far as story. That's subjective and I found it great! Completely befitting of the entire franchise.
Combat dragged at times for me, like against elemental talos who would go invincible at times. I hated the new rage system, it's dumb that you need to power it up to actually use the rest of Kratos's combo moves that were always available in earlier games and it isn't satisfying. Also until you get the rage bar extended, you would have to avoid being hit which isn't fun. Weapons weren't that interesting either, magic was meh and wasn't as cool or useful like Poseidon's Rage, Cronos Rage, or Army of Sparta. The game felt unnecessarily hard at times because of these restrictions, and I beat all the games on Very Hard with even a few Level 1 Weapons runs at times and rarely felt, with the exception of II at times, that the games were hard for the wrong reasons instead of just being. And just what the hell is that counter mechanic in Ascension? It just didn't feel that satisfying at times, Kratos is meant to a badass. And prequel games aren't an excuse to make a character weaker.

Other parts of the game were fine at times like exploring, platforming and so on, but I don't really remember many fights from the game either, most just weren't memorable bar the Trial of Archimedes, begging area or bossfights. Compare to God of War with the first Cyclops battle, God of War II with the Cyclops Riders, and God of War III's Ereberus Trials for instance.

Combat dragged at times for me, like against elemental talos who would go invincible at times. I hated the new rage system, it's dumb that you need to power it up to actually use the rest of Kratos's combo moves that were always available in earlier games and it isn't satisfying. Also until you get the rage bar extended, you would have to avoid being hit which isn't fun. Weapons weren't that interesting either, magic was meh and wasn't as cool or useful like Poseidon's Rage, Cronos Rage, or Army of Sparta. The game felt unnecessarily hard at times because of these restrictions, and I beat all the games on Very Hard with even a few Level 1 Weapons runs at times and rarely felt, with the exception of II at times, that the games were hard for the wrong reasons instead of just being. And just what the hell is that counter mechanic in Ascension? It just didn't feel that satisfying at times, Kratos is meant to a badass. And prequel games aren't an excuse to make a character weaker.

Other parts of the game were fine at times like exploring, platforming and so on, but I don't really remember many fights from the game either, most just weren't memorable bar the Trial of Archimedes, begging area or bossfights. Compare to God of War with the first Cyclops battle, God of War II with the Cyclops Riders, and God of War III's Ereberus Trials for instance.

I had to look up videos on the gameplay because after 6 games of similar gameplay, I couldn't remember the exact one that belonged to Ascension.

And,....I don't see any problems. I loved the fire magic and hades magic. I actually enjoyed all the magic. And everything else appears to be classic GoW fare. So :dunno.

Not sure what to tell ya!

Just that I played 6 GoW games back to back without any breaks, and not counting the subtle differences in which made each style slightly unique they all played by and large the same.

In fact, NONE of the games stand out with having gameplay dramatically different than any of the others. They all blend together in my mind. That's why I had to look up Ascensions gameplay.

I had to look up videos on the gameplay because after 6 games of similar gameplay, I couldn't remember the exact one that belonged to Ascension.

And,....I don't see any problems. I loved the fire magic and hades magic. I actually enjoyed all the magic. And everything else appears to be classic GoW fare. So :dunno.

Not sure what to tell ya!

Just that I played 6 GoW games back to back without any breaks, and not counting the subtle differences in which made each style slightly unique they all played by and large the same.

In fact, NONE of the games stand out with having gameplay dramatically different than any of the others. They all blend together in my mind. That's why I had to look up Ascensions gameplay.
It could be your binge cause I've noticed that happens with game binges, I'm sorta doing a Metroid Prime binge and I don't see the issues at all in the latter titles that people complained about endlessly, or even gameplay differences. Not in a mean way, that's just something I noticed. That and yeah God of War never really varies at all to the point of being separate in the titles. Not like, Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3.
God of War III remains my favorite in the series. I love every game as it's own entry, but 3 just blew my pants off the entire time I played it.
I know what you mean, though it's tied for my favorite with II. I'm playing through III again for a Let's Play on YouTube and I'm being reminded of everything that was so cool about it.

God of War 1 is my favorite, I thought it had the best gameplay and story of the trilogy, but the others are just as great and had better boss battles.

Glad you enjoyed Ascension Chargersfan, I on the other hand though it was pretty bad at least compared to the other games in the series, and the story was terrible in my opinion, it really felt tacked on since the main focus was multiplayer. How many times did Kratos even speak? And then hitting the square button enough times without being hit rewards you with the same combos you had the previous 5 games.

Last edited:
Back