Media God of War 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My problem with the first game was a lack of boss fights, and that's about it. The three in the game are fine (though Pandora's Guardian could be a pain at times) but a few more would be neat.

pturtle sums my thoughts about Ascension though. Especially since multiplayer was the main focus, which you can tell in interview videos and the like.

It could be your binge cause I've noticed that happens with game binges, I'm sorta doing a Metroid Prime binge and I don't see the issues at all in the latter titles that people complained about endlessly, or even gameplay differences. Not in a mean way, that's just something I noticed. That and yeah God of War never really varies at all to the point of being separate in the titles. Not like, Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3.

The binge definitely made the gameplay all blend together. This makes me want to replay Ascension now that I've finished all the others to go over it once more. I remember loving the gameplay when I played it but that was also the first GoW game I had played in ages.

As far as story is concerned I guess everyone has their own opinions but I thought it was incredible. Don't know how anyone can hate on the story but it was, to me, awesome.

Thought the Furies were one of the best baddies in the entire GoW franchise and loved how to be free of Ares forever you had to destroy them.

I loved the biological prison and liked how Ares and the Furies ultimately were in cahoots and wanted to use you to overthrow Olympus. Also gave added meaning when Ares says to you in GoW1: "I was trying to make you a great warrior."

And now we know why,...To take down Zues!

My problem with the first game was a lack of boss fights, and that's about it. The three in the game are fine (though Pandora's Guardian could be a pain at times) but a few more would be neat.

pturtle sums my thoughts about Ascension though. Especially since multiplayer was the main focus, which you can tell in interview videos and the like.

Was that the big bull Minotaur beast? That was an awesome fight

Back