Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, about the chainmail... After looking at some screen caps, I think the chainmail on both Weta statues look more like the chainmail that was used in the movies while the Sideshow statue looks more like actual chainmail. One other observation, I bet there is more detail in the hair and beard on the Weta statue than on the Sideshow version. I've noticed this even on some existing items. In hindsight, maybe more detail is the wrong wording. It's not necessarily more detail but more finely sculpted.

The chainmail on Sideshow's statue looks like it's a little tight around the chest.

Only someone with incredible eyesight could have picked that out. :lol

Also, about the chainmail... After looking at some screen caps, I think the chainmail on both Weta statues look more like the chainmail that was used in the movies while the Sideshow statue looks more like actual chainmail. One other observation, I bet there is more detail in the hair and beard on the Weta statue than on the Sideshow version. I've noticed this even on some existing items. In hindsight, maybe more detail is the wrong wording. It's not necessarily more detail but more finely sculpted.

You're probably right about the hair/beard thing, though it's too early to say definitively at this point. As to the chainmail observation, you are "bang on". I noticed that a few weeks ago while collecting some Gimli screencaps for reference.

:yess::yess::yess:

gimli.jpg

:blissy<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g6A6pMO_WKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:blissy

Looks great, I'll be ordering for sure.

I really hope SS keeps this line going like this. I really am enjoying collecting again. Like Josh and others have said about this line "it feels like home"..

LOTR + Polystone = Perfect.

:clap

Back