Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, it doesn't even appear to me Gimli was wearing chainmail at all. It looks more like Gimli's costuming included a long sleeve mithril undershirt, whereas Tim's sculpt definitely looks more like chainmail.

Maybe I do think Tim's work matches those pictures pretty well. I also think its supposed to be Chainmail but they didn't go full on with his costume because of the fact he wears it the entire time. That would be a pain for both JRD and the small person playing his double.

Edit: Can't really compare it to the SSW piece that looks like there was holes poked to give the effect of chainmail.

Last edited:
Edit: Can't really compare it to the SSW piece that looks like there was holes poked to give the effect of chainmail.

I've got both SSW Gimli statues right infront of me now and you can definately see that they're small interlocking circles, not just holes ;)

But anyway, after seeing the pics supplied by Woodsy (man do you do your research!) the maquette matches up pretty well. That's good, and has allayed my fears somewhat. Still need to see the whole thing before deciding whether i need another Gimli statue, as the 2 SSW statues and bust ain't goin nowhere! :lecture

:edit: I would, of course, buy everything, had i 1) space 2) an indisposable income 3) an understanding partner!

Last edited:
I've still got the first gimli piece and it looks like just holes. :dunno I mean not very detailed chainmail like what Tim did with this piece. Can't remember on the second statue to be honest I'd have to look at my old pictures.

That he does. That he does. Agreed that the maquette matches whats in the pics quite nicely.

Yeah, this is one of those characters I'm really really stoked about ordering as well. The wait will be hardish but will be worth it when say around the end of the year we have him.

Still need to see the whole thing before deciding whether i need another Gimli statue, as the 2 SSW statues and bust ain't goin nowhere! :lecture

:edit: I would, of course, buy everything, had i 1) space 2) an indisposable income 3) an understanding partner!

:wave:wave:wave With you all the way there FE!!! :)

Yeah, looking forward to seeing it in sculpture form what the drawing looks pretty damn awesome. :rock

Stoked to see this and glad for all of you who collect the maquette line. I'm holding out for the Gimli PF to display with Aragorn and Legolas PF's...

They are up, with an NRD. But there is no way I can quit this line, even from looking at only one image of Gimli so far. Wow!

2001301_press01-001.jpg
200130_press01-001.jpg

Back