Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wonder if they implement the NRD with Gimli? Thought it was going to happen with Legolas.

I would say they will slynger, but only time will tell.

It's quite a good idea IMHO...at least with it in place, those who think they really want it will have a better chance of picking one up.

Although that doesn't seem to be as big an issue as it used to be (when collecting LOTR pieces was in its hay day).

:duff
Bill

Enjoy.....

gimi-1.jpg

Looks great!!Really like the look of that so far. I was looking to see if they had banners up last night but they had nothing when I went to bed. Thank ya.

I go away for a few days and come home to this pleasant surprise. :) When I emailed Mike [Tolentino] 10 days ago concerning the helm, or rather lack of a helm with the Mordor Orc PF, I also mentioned I was disappointed SS chose not to have a Toy Fair or Fantacular event this year with which they could showcase any potential LOTR products and he told me SS did have something planned in March which would make LOTR collectors very happy....I guess this was it. :wink1:

I think it's safe to say it's a bit early to declare this the best Gimli ever :lol, but one thing is sure....5 1/2 long years after SS obtained the LOTR licence and we are finally getting our 1st representation of Gimli. :yess:

Yeah, this is looking good for sure. It keeps the momentum going which is good and I'm looking forward now to when it comes out and being able to look at the two Gimli pieces side by side.

Yeah, this is looking good for sure. It keeps the momentum going which is good and I'm looking forward now to when it comes out and being able to look at the two Gimli pieces side by side.

Very true. It looks like SS appears to be narrowing the time between pre-orders slightly, which to me is a very good thing. Not too quickly as to financially strain us too much, but just enough to keep the momentum up.

I guess this officially ends the "Who's next....Arwen or Gimli?" debate. :)

Yeah, with the prices being higher than the old SSW line and people collecting more than one line pacing will be the key for sure. Right now it appears to be good.

That it does. So I guess we know who is after Gimli and I wonder if tweaking the sculpt a bit more on Arwen is why she wasn't next?

Yeah, with the prices being higher than the old SSW line and people collecting more than one line pacing will be the key for sure. Right now it appears to be good.

That it does. So I guess we know who is after Gimli and I wonder if tweaking the sculpt a bit more on Arwen is why she wasn't next?

I hope that is why, at least the very small picture we have seen the likeness seemed off.

Maybe a smidge. Was hard to tell overall but I liked what I saw. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to order it or not. :lol

I'm not going to criticize anything about this, as in hand it will blow us away!

But his eyes look very white, the chain-mail isn't as good as what Weta can do (possibly because they make chain-mail for a living) and if he's leaping upon his enemies from on high swinging his mighty axe i'd expect him to have his mouth open roaring 'KHAZAD AI-MENU!!!'

There, i got it in before anyone else ;)

Eyes appear to be normal colored to me. :dunno As far as the chain mail that looks excellent to me its as good as anything I've seen. I've got no issue with how Tim did that.

Hmm, yes, i think it's the usual Sideshow photos that are tricking me... on second look i can see the brown ;)
Really can't wait to see more photos of it.

Hmm, yes, i think it's the usual Sideshow photos that are tricking me... on second look i can see the brown ;)
Really can't wait to see more photos of it.

Yeah, Tuesday is gonna be fun to get a better look at this piece.

Anyone have an idea of what the exclusive will be?

I thought the sketches showed a different base.

I remember there was a plain base and then a base with an orc skeleton or something to that effect, I believe that is the exclusive.

Eyes appear to be normal colored to me. :dunno As far as the chainmail that looks excellent to me its as good as anything I've seen. I've got no issue with how Tim did that.

Actually, it doesn't even appear to me Gimli was wearing chainmail at all. It looks more like Gimli's costuming included a long sleeve mithril undershirt, whereas Tim's sculpt definitely looks more like chainmail.

11553.jpg
939.jpg

fotr0917.jpg

1374.jpg

Gimlipeek-1.png

2011-03-18_183526.png

I'm just glad the beard has more of a reddish look to it than the darker looking sneak peek.

Back