Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Gimli PF? I'm up for that!

Actually, there's so much worrying and hand-wringing about the Hobbits in PF (and I want them just as much as anyone else) but I want to know where our BOROMIR PF is?? (personal pref - pre-Lothlorien) :impatient:

We'll then chuckle away.....:lol Personally, I think the likeness of Gimli [on Arod] is excellent. The 1/6 scale statue...not so much.

Wow really? I though that was one of the better likenesses of the original Weta lineup.

I really like the sculpt on the original statue as well. Its one of the few pieces I kept. I will say Tim's appears to be better because its a great sculpt but Tim really captured so much more detail in it.

Wow really? I though that was one of the better likenesses of the original Weta lineup.

I did own the SSW Gimli statue at one time, and I think the likeness is pretty good, I just don't think it's on par with the Gimli on Arod headsculpt. :dunno

I did own the SSW Gimli statue at one time, and I think the likeness is pretty good, I just don't think it's on par with the Gimli on Arod headsculpt. :dunno

Yep, I agree with you there Collin...but by what we have seen so far, the Gimli Maquette is at a whole other level to both of them.

GimliMaquette.png

Fantastic IMHO :clap

Bill

Yep, I agree with you there Collin...but by what we have seen so far, the Gimli Maquette is at a whole other level to both of them.

GimliMaquette.png

Fantastic IMHO :clap

Bill

I'll have to see the whole sculpt first, but yes, my first impression is that the maquette is in a league of it's own where likeness is concerned. :drool

It truly does look amazing in that shot. The maquette itself and the way they filmed it all work together.

I can't wait to see the full reveal on this one but I'm still thinking Arwen will be next.

Well Gimli can't be too far off. I'm thinking Toy*Fair we will definitely see him or Arwen, hopefully both.

Josh (and others I am sure) probably remembers a few years ago, something like 11 or 13 items were announced from SS/W during Toy*Fair

Last edited:
Yeah, back in the day they had one TF where several got announced. I can't remember the exact year but it happened.

The likeness looks great and since I have no gimli this piece will pull me into this line if done well.

Yeah, I've never personally owned that piece and don't remember what the likeness was like. But compared to some of the other non-creature type character likenesses, Gimli was knocked outta the park. :lol

...by what we have seen so far, the Gimli Maquette is at a whole other level...

I'll have to see the whole sculpt first, but yes, my first impression is that the maquette is in a league of it's own where likeness is concerned. :drool

Agreed.

I dunno. Gimli from one version to another looks all the same to me. I'm not sure where you guys are getting giddy about details. Care to point them out?

I dunno. Gimli from one version to another looks all the same to me. I'm not sure where you guys are getting giddy about details. Care to point them out?

SS Gimli Maquette

GimliMaquette.png

SSW Gimli Statue

Gimli4-1.jpg

Gimli on Arod

Gimlionhorse.jpg

GimlionArod_2.jpg

Does this help to answer your question at all Radagaster? :wave

For me the SS Maquette wins out on quality of detail (see chain mail for example) and likeness. :clap

What do you think?

Bill

Does this help to answer your question at all Radagaster? :wave

For me the SS Maquette wins out on quality of detail (see chain mail for example) and likeness. :clap

What do you think?

Bill

I was going to post some of those very same images Bill, but since I believe he already owns all the SSW pieces I figured what's the point....:dunno I would agree with you in that what we have seen so far looks exceptional [from the images below you can really see how SS "nailed" the nose], but after the Legolas LSB preview incident I'm reserving final judgement until after I see the whole headsculpt. Although, after see the fantastic job SS did with the likenesses of Aragorn, Gandalf , and Legolas I have no doubt Gimli will not disappoint.

Gimlipeek-1.png

LotR_FotR2428.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was going to post some of those very same images Bill, but since I believe he already owns all the SSW pieces I figured what's the point....:dunno I would agree with you in that what we have seen so far looks exceptional [from the images below you can really see how SS "nailed" the nose], but after the Legolas LSB preview incident I'm reserving final judgement until after I see the whole headsculpt. Although, after see the fantastic job SS did with the likenesses of Aragorn, Gandalf , and Legolas I have no doubt Gimli will not disappoint.

Gimlipeek-1.png

LotR_FotR2428.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That sculpt is so good, you would almost think the pic of the Maquette was just another still from the same point in the movie as the second image you posted Collin.

I do take you point about waiting to see the full sculpt before making a judgement though.

But he is looking good so far :clap

Bill

Plus we've only seen one shot (that isn't in shadow!)... and it's hard to tell what's been highlighted by shadows or lighting.... the lighting on the photo of the SSW Gimli isn't great in some places... the chainmail is fine on the actual statue. Weta do chainmail as a job after all! :lol

I love the base on this one. Really nifty. Still holding onto hope that a near future release in this line will be exclusive-less so I can use my store credit at BBTS.

Back