Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Tim Miller I trust!:bow

Gimli FTW!:winner:blissy

Yeah, Tim is one of the best out there period. :clap

As far a this line goes its picking up speed a bit and I would expect to see something shown soon right around TF and then something as we get to and at SDCC.

Yeah, Tim is one of the best out there period. :clap

As far a this line goes its picking up speed a bit and I would expect to see something shown soon right around TF and then something as we get to and at SDCC.

Agreed. I'm sure both Arwen and Gimli will be available for pre-order by the time SDCC roles around. And I think we'll see one of those two during, or soon after ToyFair.

Agreed. I'm sure both Arwen and Gimli will be available for pre-order by the time SDCC roles around. And I think we'll see one of those two during, or soon after ToyFair.

Then hopefully maybe 1-2 more at SDCC that can be ordered soon after or even during.

I'm sure both Arwen and Gimli will be available for pre-order by the time SDCC roles around. And I think we'll see one of those two during, or soon after ToyFair.

With the Mordor PF coming up during Toy Fair, I think we could see the next MQ during the March event that SS usually does (I'm blanking on the name of it). But of course, with SS's penchant for curve balls, we might see a PEW before either Gimli or Arwen (At least that's what happens in my dream!). Either way, it's all good!!

With the Mordor PF coming up during Toy Fair, I think we could see the next MQ during the March event that SS usually does (I'm blanking on the name of it). But of course, with SS's penchant for curve balls, we might see a PEW before either Gimli or Arwen (At least that's what happens in my dream!). Either way, it's all good!!

I believe you are referring to Fantacular which occurred during the 1st week of March last year. Unfortunately, that event occurred in May in both 2008 and 2009 so who knows when it will occur this year. :dunno Yeah, in my dreams I'm hoping for Arwen or Gimli during ToyFair, but with the Mordor Orc PF coming in three weeks that doesn't seem too likely. A maquette during Fantacular seems more likely at this point.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think TF is far more likely to give us a maquette than a PF since we know they have something ready to put up for PO.

Yeah, I think TF is far more likely to give us a maquette than a PF since we know they have something ready to put up for PO.

Perhaps, but that doesn't line up with what SS is saying. Though either way it's a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned. :lecture

Monday, January 10th, 2011

Question : Okay, Sideshow, straight to the point. When will we see our next LOTR Premium Format, and will it be the Mordor Orc?

Answer : Okay, straight to the answer. We hope to show you the next LOTR PF in … maybe February 2011, and it will indeed be the Mordor Orc.

That's true. Though February does have 28 days. So we could see both. :rock

It's certainly possible. We know SS has completed both Gimli and Arwen, and we also know the timespan between the Aragorn and Gandalf pre-orders was 3 weeks....so why not? :dunno With the line looking as good as it does so far, I can't see alot of people complaining about back to back maquette pre-orders.

Indeed! Maybe when The Hobbit comes out we will or could approach that again but otherwise its gonna be difficult.

Indeed! Maybe when The Hobbit comes out we will or could approach that again but otherwise its gonna be difficult.

I've thought about that, but I'm really not fussy on the idea. I'd prefer SS to take all the time they need to really nail the likenesses rather than for them to perhaps "rush" these out a little sooner than maybe they should. From what I hear so far, SS has been fantastic in regard to allowing their sculptors as much time as they require to get these sculpts right, and I certainly think the results of what we've seen so far reflect that.

Yeah, I don't mind them taking a bit of time and kicking ass like they have been so far. Plus at the current pace of 4-5 year that works well with being able to get more than miss.

Yeah, I don't mind them taking a bit of time and kicking ass like they have been so far. Plus at the current pace of 4-5 year that works well with being able to get more than miss.

Yeah, that's one way to put it.....:lol

This looks amazing, and I am looking forward to one of these per quarter. Given the prices, between this and the PF LOTR line, I am going to have to avoid looking at other stuff that Sideshow has on offer to just focus on these two product lines.

Back