Ghostbusters: The Video Game June 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, great video, loved his reaction when Dan Aykroyd walked through the door, I would have the same reaction.

I love Dan, would do anything to meet him in person, but really, "bring VHS back"? I hate to make fun of the guy, but I think he's just one of the old people who "doesn't get it" when it comes to technology, including dvds. I don't know what he's referring to, dvds work fine all the time unless you're renting them and getting constantly scratched up copies. How can you not love dvds? No rewinding, scene selection, tons of space for extras like commentaries and stuff, it's a glorious invention!

yeah i'm certain he was joking. but i'm really getting excited for this game. so...is the game considered III or is there a serious movie in the works??? (not talking about rumors, but real movie)

a question guys, will usa games work on uk playstation 3s?? i.e. pal?

i ask as after seeing the exlusives being availble with the gb2 uniform etc i thought of ordering it frm the states but not sure if they game it self will play on my uk machine

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="https://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=47846"/><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="https://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=47846" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="https://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>
Must buy for me! Love the HUD on the pack like in Dead Space!:rock

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LyVGSGynYpg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LyVGSGynYpg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
Just saw this as well, looks fantastic!!

4 player co-op would be awesome if they could do it
That would be awesome, I really hope it happens.

a question guys, will usa games work on uk playstation 3s?? i.e. pal?

i ask as after seeing the exlusives being availble with the gb2 uniform etc i thought of ordering it frm the states but not sure if they game it self will play on my uk machine

I don't think that works.

And btw did anyone notice the Ghostbuster logo on the hood of the car? That is not right!

I don't think that works.

And btw did anyone notice the Ghostbuster logo on the hood of the car? That is not right!

My guess is that this is a newer version of the Ecto 1. The Ecto 1 did not have the logo on the hood, in GBII the Ecto 1A did have the logo on the hood and I'm guessing this is a newer version that does have the logo on the hood as well.

yes its the newer version. its ecto 1b if any else hasnt noticed. also, im bummed that i aint sure about the usa game working on a uk machine, because i wanted to eithe get it from gamespot for the gb2 uniform, or get it from amazon.com for the slimer edition.

This is what Wikipedia has to say about region coded games. Looks like American games won't work on a UK 360 but will on a UK PS3.

"Most of the seventh generation of video game consoles all have regional lockout, so games imported from other countries cannot be played on foreign versions of those consoles without some form of alteration to bypass the lockout. However, a number of games for the Xbox 360 have been confirmed as region free and will play on a unit from any region, although it is up to the publisher if a game is region free or not. Like the Philips CD-i and the Panasonic 3DO, The PlayStation 3 is one of the few home consoles to be released as completely region free for games. While region free for PS3 games, there is region locking for backwards compatible PS2 and PS1 games, as well as DVD and Blu-Ray Disc movies. DLC and PSN Titles are also region locked, for example the UK store will not supply you with usable map packs for your Imported US copy of Call of Duty 4."

This is what Wikipedia has to say about region coded games. Looks like American games won't work on a UK 360 but will on a UK PS3.

"Most of the seventh generation of video game consoles all have regional lockout, so games imported from other countries cannot be played on foreign versions of those consoles without some form of alteration to bypass the lockout. However, a number of games for the Xbox 360 have been confirmed as region free and will play on a unit from any region, although it is up to the publisher if a game is region free or not. Like the Philips CD-i and the Panasonic 3DO, The PlayStation 3 is one of the few home consoles to be released as completely region free for games. While region free for PS3 games, there is region locking for backwards compatible PS2 and PS1 games, as well as DVD and Blu-Ray Disc movies. DLC and PSN Titles are also region locked, for example the UK store will not supply you with usable map packs for your Imported US copy of Call of Duty 4."

like i said :D

Amazon.com Exclusive Ghosterbusters Slimer Edition
Written Saturday, April 18, 2009 by Alan Pettit

Following in the footsteps of Fallout 3, Amazon is offering another exclusive "crazy-ass special edition" (that is my quote), this time of Ghostbusters, dubbed the Slimer Edition. For the same $130 price tag you can snag (in addition to everything that comes with the $60 version) the following:

* An exclusive Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself.
* Exclusive Ghostbusters Minimates.
* Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Console Skins. (not pictured)
* Exclusive Ecto 1 Key Chain with lights and sound.

Might get this version.

the gameplay will be interesting to see for sure. i hope it's a free roam ala GTA where you can just blast ghosts left and right while roaming in the vehicle. :p

Amazon.com Exclusive Ghosterbusters Slimer Edition
Written Saturday, April 18, 2009 by Alan Pettit

Following in the footsteps of Fallout 3, Amazon is offering another exclusive "crazy-ass special edition" (that is my quote), this time of Ghostbusters, dubbed the Slimer Edition. For the same $130 price tag you can snag (in addition to everything that comes with the $60 version) the following:

* An exclusive Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself.
* Exclusive Ghostbusters Minimates.
* Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Console Skins. (not pictured)
* Exclusive Ecto 1 Key Chain with lights and sound.

Might get this version.

Some images of what you get:

slimerfigure.jpg

B0025UOZ40.in3.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1240159594&sr=8-3

Back