Ghostbusters: The Video Game June 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like this game. I just can't stand it and I find it boring. I guess i'm not a Ghostbusters.

Regardless, does anyone here want it? It has like 2 hours of play and is basically new. 100% complete with disc, booklet, case, etc. My games are always mint and fresh! XBOX 360 VERSION.

$45 shipped within the USA

Have gotten to the boss battle of the first level, the sea captain. After that i kinda lost interest. I really should pick this up again though, seems like a rather well done game and i would love to see the rest of the levels for sure.

I just beat the game, and I also found out that Rookie's real name is Luke Hoss

So someone refers to the rookie as "Hoss" (which is a generic cowboy nickname) and there's a vague answering machine message referring to someone named Luke and you arrive at the conclusion that the character's name is Luke Hoss? That's a bit of a leap.

The character doesn't have a name. This is actually possible in fiction. He was never written to have a name or a backstory or a personality, he's essentially a blank template upon which you project your own persona.

It's like the "South Park" episode "The Coon" where Mysterion reveals his identity. The characters recognize him and yet the audience doesn't. Most people would realize that this is a joke about the lack of details on the characters faces but you can go to forums like the IMDB forums and see people debating about Mysterion's true identity. They just don't get it. People think it HAS to be someone, just like some people think this character HAS to have a name somewhere.

Guess what? It doesn't work that way. In the real world this character doesn't have a name. Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis could write a story where they name pops up but they haven't.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking too. The Rookie doesn't have a name. He is called Scooter by Venkman. Could his name be Scooter Hoss? Oh my gosh!

No he doesn't have a name. he was never intended to have one. It was meant for the player to be the rookie. That is why he doesn't have a name. So you can choose what his name is and he can be you.

Yeah, I remember a line early in the game when one of the guys ask what your name is, and before you can answer Venkman says "let's just call him rookie". I think it would have been cool to see your last name on your nametag for a minute. But then, I guess they'd have to devote some more time to being able to do that in the game. :confused:

I LOVE THIS GAME! :D I've been a HUGE Ghostbusters fan since it came out in theaters in 1984. I was 13 years-old then, and it has become one of my all-time favorite movie properties to this day. I'm VERY happy to see a great game come out for it now, and some decent "screen-accurate" figures coming from Mattel soon. Of course if Hot Toys got a hold of the license and did some 1/6 scale figures....that would ROCK! :D

I don't like this game. I just can't stand it and I find it boring. I guess i'm not a Ghostbusters.

Regardless, does anyone here want it? It has like 2 hours of play and is basically new. 100% complete with disc, booklet, case, etc. My games are always mint and fresh! XBOX 360 VERSION.

$45 shipped within the USA

Hate to quote you on this.. but ditto... Buy from Creeper first... then if you still need a copy... $45 shipped.

So I'm playing the game on Professional and got to the graveyard level. The part where you have to tether the angels to the gate is SUCH a pain in the ass. Jesus Christ on Normal it was doable, this is almost downright impossible.

I managed to get the professional and under $100,000 in damages achievements on the same play through and I agree that the stone cherub part with the gate was really hard. Ray kept getting downed and I'd get dive bombed or swarmed when I'd try and revive him. At one point he just stood on the far side out of harms way and I would slime tether the gate first and then get a cherub when he was in a good position. The idea was to keep moving. If I was downed then Ray would run in and revive me.

That part and the library boss were the hardest parts on professional for me.

So I'm playing the game on Professional and got to the graveyard level. The part where you have to tether the angels to the gate is SUCH a pain in the ass. Jesus Christ on Normal it was doable, this is almost downright impossible.

That part was so frustrating in normal, I'm dreading doing it again on hard. Those cherubs take you down with two hits and there are so many of them... :banghead

On hard, do they take you down in one hit?

I managed to get the professional and under $100,000 in damages achievements on the same play through and I agree that the stone cherub part with the gate was really hard. Ray kept getting downed and I'd get dive bombed or swarmed when I'd try and revive him. At one point he just stood on the far side out of harms way and I would slime tether the gate first and then get a cherub when he was in a good position. The idea was to keep moving. If I was downed then Ray would run in and revive me.

That part and the library boss were the hardest parts on professional for me.

YES !!!! The library boss was a PAIN in my ass. I beat the last boss easier than that little ^^^^^

That part was so frustrating in normal, I'm dreading doing it again on hard. Those cherubs take you down with two hits and there are so many of them... :banghead

On hard, do they take you down in one hit?

Not sure, but they all attack you at once and if you get hit once, you get his like 4 times.

Before you come to the cherubs, take care of the black slime as your coming above ground so those little purple bug things don't come as fast.

Then stay in the back left corner from the gate your trying to detroy, keep Ray on your right to deal with the bug things and just keep running in a circle in the corner. You gotta be ridiculously quick tethering the angels but it works.

Hollywood Video was out of the 360 version so I rented it for my wife's Wii...after reading the reviews of the Wii version, I am thinking that was a mistake. The graphics are not all that great and I see that I miss alot of content as well. Plus jerking the damn controller to slam the ghosts is killing my wrist.

Hollywood Video was out of the 360 version so I rented it for my wife's Wii...after reading the reviews of the Wii version, I am thinking that was a mistake. The graphics are not all that great and I see that I miss alot of content as well. Plus jerking the damn controller to slam the ghosts is killing my wrist.

Welcome to every game on the Wii.

I played this game sporadically for the past 6 months and finally finished it last weekend!

Awesome game, quite a bit underrated, thought the game control specially while trapping ghosts is a bit frustrating. But overall an awesome game IMO, specially for fans of the franchise...

I hope they do release more GB games!

Back