Ghostbusters: The Video Game June 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did, too, and then they started charging a dollar for popcorn on "free popcorn Tuesdays." Screw the movies.

Now that's pretty bad.:lol

I gotta agree though I don't go to the movies as much as I used too maybe once or twice a year now.

Man Im having fun with it... and yeah love the presentation of this game. Unfortunatley I think I found a bug already. If you purchase an upgrade and then you die. When you reload the checkpoint, your money will still be deducted but the upgrade you just bought is no longer "purchased". Good thing I found this out early... Im gonna replay again from the begining and make sure I dont die before the next checkpoint if I purchase an upgrade.

Anyone else ran into this problem? I also notice that the bug works both ways. If you trap ghosts and make money trapping them, then you die, when you reload the checkpoint you start off with same amount of money you started with. Then you can trap the same ghost over again and if you happen to lose again before a new checkpoint, when you reload on the current checkpoint your money is now again the higher amount.

Oh forgot to mention I have the XBOX360 version.

I got the game today at my local Gamestop. It has an exclusive Ghostbusters II dark gray flight suit code, but right now it's not working. :mad:Yep, when I go to enter the code it says "invalid code". Over at the Xbox forum at:

https://forums.xbox.com/3/27673322/ShowPost.aspx#27673322

...and the official Atari Forum here:

https://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11276307#post11276307

Lots of others are running into the same problem who have bought the game at Gamestop like I did. There's already been a posting that both Microsoft and Atari are working to correct the problem. They say to try to re-enter the code in the "redeem code" section of your Xbox Live tomorrow.

Anyone else ran into this problem? I also notice that the bug works both ways. If you trap ghosts and make money trapping them, then you die, when you reload the checkpoint you start off with same amount of money you started with. Then you can trap the same ghost over again and if you happen to lose again before a new checkpoint, when you reload on the current checkpoint your money is now again the higher amount.

Oh forgot to mention I have the XBOX360 version.

I've not seen this problem on the 360. I noticed that if I had to reload at a checkpoint that any equipment purchased prior to the next save would no longe be purchased, but I seemed to have all the money earned at the last checkpoint. In short the upgrade was no longer purchased, but I was not "charged" for it. So it was just as simple as needing to repurchase it.

I did notice that ghosts scanned or cursed objects collected still seem to carry from the point you failed a mission. And not the point from the last checkpoint. Kinda screwy.

Its like when you re-play a mission. When you start that mission you seem to have a mix of the equipment/money you had when you originaly played that stage. You don't get to re-play it with the latest and greatest that you have. So I have to wonder how it would reconcile things if you instead purchased different equipment in that re-play than you originally purchased when you played that stage?

I'm lovin the story, writing, voicework, and general "Ghostbusters" quality of the whole deal. But I'm really puzzled by all the technical issues people seem to be running into. I would have expected a game that had its release delayed for such an extended period of time to be a lot more technically polished.

- TGM

I have the PC version and have had no glitches at all, I'm really impressed actually.

Also you can tell fans built this game, walking around the firehouse, the talking Vigo painting and Louis Tulley's desk, Egon's workstation downstairs has Extreme Ghostbuster cartoon style Traps, and Real Ghostbuster style PKEs. Just all the cool little details and the amount of them is impressive.

Until Sony starts selling more systems keep expecting this. Most of these third party games are made for the 360 and then ported to the PS3. The PS3 has the hardware to do great things. However, majority rules as does money. That's why I own both. :cool:

As do I, but most of my buddies and clan mates game on PS3...I think my GF got it for me for my bday for the PS3, oh well..can't complain it looks cool and it's free.:lol

Yeah, it may look better on 360 in relation to the PS3, but if you don't have 2 TVs next to each other playing both simultaneously, you would probably never notice that it was the "inferior" version.

I was able to play a few minutes today PS3 of course, although I did notice that the graphics were kinda shadowing. Oh well Im happy with it, it was fun to play....

I got the game today at my local Gamestop. It has an exclusive Ghostbusters II dark gray flight suit code, but right now it's not working. :mad:Yep, when I go to enter the code it says "invalid code". Over at the Xbox forum at:

https://forums.xbox.com/3/27673322/ShowPost.aspx#27673322

...and the official Atari Forum here:

https://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11276307#post11276307

Lots of others are running into the same problem who have bought the game at Gamestop like I did. There's already been a posting that both Microsoft and Atari are working to correct the problem. They say to try to re-enter the code in the "redeem code" section of your Xbox Live tomorrow.

The codes to download the exclusive Ghostbusters II flightsuit are now working. I tried mine out this morning and it finally worked! Too bad I won't be able to check it out until after work. :banghead

On the plus side, I didn't know that the codes weren't working for everyone, so I called Gamestop last night to inform them that mine was invalid. The nice customer service lady got me to repeat my order number and told me they'd send me a replacement code in 24 hours. Looks like I'll have an extra code to give away soon. :banana

Oh, and the T-shirt was a nice bonus as well.

Until Sony starts selling more systems keep expecting this. Most of these third party games are made for the 360 and then ported to the PS3. The PS3 has the hardware to do great things. However, majority rules as does money. That's why I own both. :cool:

I'm sure you know this Bad Moon, but I bet that comparison has been made with a PS3 with limited RGB and no Super White.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/5HvdRfUmoqQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5HvdRfUmoqQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

my game came 2day!! a day early than its official uk release so im excited!! i got it this morning along with the prima guide i ordered 2!!

i got my free tshrit from play aswel, its totaly different to what u guys got frm gamestop, its white with the no ghost logo and the video game written underneath. cool tho.

Back