Ghostbusters: The Video Game June 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, if any Freaks want to play some co-op, feel free to shoot me a friend request. I'll be on my Xbox all weekend, and will be available to play anytime other than during the 1 vs. 100 beta. I'm addicted to that thing...

ok jst started playingthis and i love it!! anyway jst finished the stay puft level and are about to go interview the feamle dr,. anyway my question is regarding saving etc.

how do u save a level if i want to quit playing? do u have to finish a level once started to save? is there any where in the firehouse u go to save or does it do it automatically??? thanks

I know it's like having Bill Murray doing an impression of Bill Murray playing Peter Venkman. :rotfl

The trailer I saw sounded like Murray was doing his Garfield voice, not his normal speaking voice. Perhaps he forgot what he was doing VO work for. :p

ok jst started playingthis and i love it!! anyway jst finished the stay puft level and are about to go interview the feamle dr,. anyway my question is regarding saving etc.

how do u save a level if i want to quit playing? do u have to finish a level once started to save? is there any where in the firehouse u go to save or does it do it automatically??? thanks

It autosaves as you complete missions, reach certain points in the story, or unlock or purchase new upgrades. Just don't quit mid-mission and you'll be fine. Even if you do, you rarely go so far back for it to become a hassle. There are enough checkpoints in the game that you should never find yourself in a situation where you have to replay for an hour to get back to where you were before quitting. Generally speaking, you're looking at maybe 5-10 minutes max.

The trailer I saw sounded like Murray was doing his Garfield voice, not his normal speaking voice. Perhaps he forgot what he was doing VO work for. :p

Without question, Bill definitely phoned it in for this one. But I'd rather have a tired-sounding Bill Murray than some sound-alike who's giving it their all.

Incidentally, the voice actor who did Garfield's voice in the animated series, Lorenzo Music, also voiced Peter Venkman in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon.

thanks for that!! and weirdly, im jst att he begining of the library level, and at the bit where u go dwnstairs after fighting the 1st big book monster, and it kept freezing/pausing and jumping??

It autosaves as you complete missions, reach certain points in the story, or unlock or purchase new upgrades. Just don't quit mid-mission and you'll be fine. Even if you do, you rarely go so far back for it to become a hassle. There are enough checkpoints in the game that you should never find yourself in a situation where you have to replay for an hour to get back to where you were before quitting. Generally speaking, you're looking at maybe 5-10 minutes max.

thanks for that!! and weirdly, im jst att he begining of the library level, and at the bit where u go dwnstairs after fighting the 1st big book monster, and it kept freezing/pausing and jumping??

Check your disc for scratches or dust or hair, then reload the game and try to get past that point again. If the problem persists, the disc is most likely defective, and you should exchange it for a new one. There's a slight chance it's your console, but I seriously doubt it. If you encounter the exact same problem with a different game disc, then you might be headed towards the dreaded RROD.

BTW, if any Freaks want to play some co-op, feel free to shoot me a friend request. I'll be on my Xbox all weekend, and will be available to play anytime other than during the 1 vs. 100 beta. I'm addicted to that thing...

I'll be on later. CONGERKING is my tag, hit me up.

I was actually laughing my ass off when PECKER returned. HILARIOUS :lol:lol

Man, I'm having so much fun with this game, I can only hope they do a sequel for it someday.

The end was pretty good. "Did anyone notice?" "Well you did win re-election."

Overall the story was really enjoyable and had alot to tie it in with the movies but without making it corny or cheap.

Anybody else having issues when you try to start up and reload the game from the 360 console? Basically when asked to choose a storage device it recognizes that their is a GB save but it wants to overwrite the existing save. By choosing to continue without saving your game and you can proceed to the main game menu but of course you can't resume your career (load your saved game). However if you choose the xbox live option and then return to the main menu from the live menu it automatically loads your single player save allowing you to resume your career normally as if you had selected your storage device without a hitch from the start. The initial patch did not resolve this issue.

Anybody else having issues when you try to start up and reload the game from the 360 console? Basically when asked to choose a storage device it recognizes that their is a GB save but it wants to overwrite the existing save. By choosing to continue without saving your game and you can proceed to the main game menu but of course you can't resume your career (load your saved game). However if you choose the xbox live option and then return to the main menu from the live menu it automatically loads your single player save allowing you to resume your career normally as if you had selected your storage device without a hitch from the start. The initial patch did not resolve this issue.

i chose the overwrite option when reloading and it went straight to my last save/checkpoint with nothing lost.

Yeah, I did that same thing last night like Mikey2Bullets did, and it started me from my last checkpoint in the career mode. Weird how it does that, but at least it works out right. So you don't have to start over every time you come back to the game.

Anyone have any luck getting the store exclusive codes to work? The ones from Best Buy, Walmart, and Gamestop? I still have to re-try my Gamestop code for the GBII dark flight suit. I hope it finally works! :rolleyes:

Anyone have any luck getting the store exclusive codes to work? The ones from Best Buy, Walmart, and Gamestop? I still have to re-try my Gamestop code for the GBII dark flight suit. I hope it finally works! :rolleyes:

The Gamestop code at least should be working. I redeemed mine last night.

- TGM

Really fun game! I played singleplayer all the way through for the PS3. It captured the atmosphere of the movies perfectly, and hanging out with Ray, Egon, Winston and Peter was what really made this game true to Ghostbusters.

This is the game I've been waiting for ever since I played the old Apple II Ghostbusters video game. :)

My gamestop jumpsuit code worked but the Ghostbusters II logo on the sleeve has the Ghostbusters 1 logo pasted on top of it in the game so you can't see it. Just the two fingers sticking out the top. Disappointing. :(

My gamestop jumpsuit code worked but the Ghostbusters II logo on the sleeve has the Ghostbusters 1 logo pasted on top of it in the game so you can't see it. Just the two fingers sticking out the top. Disappointing. :(

Heck you know I just though they made the GB1 suit gray and didn't bother using the GB2 logo. I'll have to check what your saying tonight and see if they pasted the GB1 logo over the GB2 one.

- TGM

Yeah I think it is a glitch in the game. You can clearly see the GB2 logo is there if you move your character a certain way but the GB1 logo is pasted on top. I don't know why.

I really love this game, but it was SHORT. I might try playing online and see if that is any fun. By the time I was feeling like I had really mastered the controls and was a BA ghostbuster, I was already at the end. :confused:

Back