Ghostbusters 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is an excellent post. Although I really don't see that happening for some reason

That reason is that Dan and Ivan aren't exactly in-touch with today's comedy as their last outings have proved. Same reason I'm concerned about a 61 yr old Aykroyd's ability to write for today's young comedians.

I think he probably regrets it

I mean, he actually says it in Zombieland, and I don't think he was acting...

yet he did the sequel. That's why I kind of hate him sometimes. Okay so the script of GB3 was not that great.... So getting all the guys back as old ghost busters would not have been as cool....But a sequel to Gardfield sounded like a good idea... okay :cuckoo:

But to drag this thing for so long and to troll Dan Aykroyd by joking around for so long? wearing the suit for Zombieland and that other movie awards thing, mocking Aykroyd any change he got?
I kind of lost respect for him after all that to be honest, He didn't have to do the movie but I hated how he would make fun of the project and of Dan.

I really don't think he was mocking Dan. (he wears an insane costume everytime he goes on Letterman for fun) The Scream awards weren't planned like that. They threw that idea at him to dress up at the last second and someone from the community volunteered their proton pack for him to use. Also Harold was likely a hold out too. If they don't have a finished script yet, that tells me Harold was never happy with one. Dan created the Ghostsmashers concept(exterminators in the future). Harold made it Ghostbusters(what we got).

Bill has said that he really loved being back with everyone and doing The Video Game.

Search Bill Murray Letterman on youtube and just look at some of the outfits he's worn over the years. :lol

Ray Parker Jr prolly wants GB3 made more than anyone else.
LOL, probably right.

I just hope the tune is updated in a way that is still in the spirit of the original.
Yeah, the original is still a total classic in every sense of the word.

The only comedian off-hand that should get a role that I can think of is Charlie Day. No doubt about it, either on the actual team or as the Rick Moranis to this generation.

https://teamcoco.com/video/charlie-day-rick-moranis

Btw Jason Sudekis(an SNL alum) who's been mentioned before as in the running, was just cast in the Fletch reboot. Wouldn't be surprised to see him considered here again.
I don't really care if this movie happens or not. GB1 is my favorite movie of all time, but as you guys point out, GB2 was mediocre, and it was just a few years out from the first with the same creative team and cast. Why would another movie created 30 years later, with one original cast member and maybe Reitman involved be promising? Artists generally peak, and then their abilities take a downturn. That happened with everyone involved with GB1 in my opinion (though I think Murray has still, at least, been very good in the years since then). Having said all that, if they want to stick the It's Sunny cast in those roles, I'll watch it at the theater and root for it :lol

Adam Devine from Workaholics would make a good Murray replacement. Charlie Day would make a good Ray. Donald Glover maybe as the Egon? and a girl as Winston though I'm not sure who'd fit in that overall framework with the others(Amy Shumer?). Nick Offerman should be in charge of P.C.O.C. in the Walter Peck type role. I don't mean like doing impressions mind you, just that framework of like Venkman being the face, Ray the heart, Egon the brains etc.

Unfortunately, given that Dan is canadian and SNL alum, I'm not sure any of those guys would end up in the running and that's a damn shame.(i dont know if Dan even knows what Workaholics or Always Sunny are)

I hope its never made...It not the the star wars universe where you could jump in anywhere...although it would be cool if they did a past Viggo or Gozer worshipper film...but then again it would be just a past ghost film and not Ghostbusters(which was incorporated in 84...so I hope the films are dead

The studio owns a huge piece of it so unfortunately, it will never die out. They are always going to want money from it. If it doesn't happen now, it will absolutely happen when Dan dies.

They made toons etc,etc from it but as for me I hope they just do not make another sequel film without egon...I do not want another Blues Brothers 2000 Ghostbusters film

Well it won't be another BB2000. Which isn't to say it couldn't turn out to be terrible. But they aren't trying to replace Egon and keep the focus on the original team. From everything I'm hearing it sounds like this is basically going to be 80-90% all new characters with quick cameos from Ray and Winston to explain equipment etc.

I'm against it too, don't get me wrong. It just seems inevitable.

Very sad news.

This just in: remake of "Animal House" in the works with Seth Rogan in the Blutarsky role.

THIS just in: Murray says YES to "Stripes 2: Back in the USSR"

This just in: remake of "Animal House" in the works with Seth Rogan in the Blutarsky role.

THIS just in: Murray says YES to "Stripes 2: Back in the USSR"

:lol Like I mentioned earlier, Sudekis just got cast in the Fletch reboot so we shouldn't even joke about that kind stuff.

Wasn't Shia LaBeouf linked this this at one point too?

I have to doubt it since he's not a comedian. Most of the people who've been rumored aside from Jonah Hill, Paul Rudd, Alyssa Milano, and Eliza Dushku are SNL cast members.

Now I'm trying to think of my Ghostbuster dream team if I had to pick from some of the comedy actors of this day and age

hmmmmmm.......

It's a shame that Ryan Reynolds didn't carry on with more (funny) comedy roles, if I think the part he plays in Waiting then I see a possible Venkman right there.

It's that confident but slightly seperate from everyone else quality and a touch of 'odd' - it's a slightly more 'with it' version of Ty Webb

Actually, Ryan Reynolds can really remind of Chevy Chase sometimes

Out of all the characters, I see Egon being the hardest, Ramis actually looked like a genius (apart from being a comedy genius)

Back