GG Blackhole Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JustinLuck said:
I still don't undestand the visual appeal for the bust. Did you guys know this was going to be worth a lot before the pre-order? How do you know when a product is going to sky rocket in demand like this?

its just one of those random cool figures. who really knows how to judge the value of something before it comes out. there are a lot of star wars fans that buy random stuff just for the sake of having it.

JustinLuck said:
I still don't undestand the visual appeal for the bust. Did you guys know this was going to be worth a lot before the pre-order? How do you know when a product is going to sky rocket in demand like this?

I saw the ES and thought to myself that this is one of the lowest ES's that GG has ever done so why not get one and sell it to make a few bucks. It was a biatch to order but I was one of the lucky few:D . Sometimes it's easy to know, like this. Others it's a crap shoot. ES plays a large part though.

Yeah, I haven't paid attention to any GG products. Do they have a forum like this one?

Hairless, I love your signature GIF!!! :rotfl

I'll say this too. I think that one of the best investments you can make for the future are the GG Harry Potter busts. Most HP fans are younger and don't even know about the busts or can't afford them. When these fans are older and become fellow collectors, these things will be in high demand. The great quality of the busts and the low ES on all of them will drive these values through the roof. I wouldn't be surprised to see Harry worth more than any SW bust in the next 5-10 years. If I had brains and patience I'd buy as many of these as I could.

JustinLuck said:
Because its a Stormtrooper and its painted black and limited.

Darth Loki said:
I saw the ES and thought to myself that this is one of the lowest ES's that GG has ever done so why not get one and sell it to make a few bucks. It was a biatch to order but I was one of the lucky few:D .

Well, good to see we have a another flipper/scalper among us. So the only reason you tried was to make a few extra bucks? While others like me that really wanted it to be part of our SW Collection lost out! It was a biatch to order and imagine being disapointed on losing out if you REALLY wanted this item. Losing out to flippers is part of the game and I accept it especially on items with such a low ES, but it's pretty rude to just come right out and admit I had no interest in it I just wanted it to sell it.

Darth Loki said:
I'll say this too. I think that one of the best investments you can make for the future are the GG Harry Potter busts.

How about collecting to collect? Is this a concept lost on many folks? If you wanna invest go play the stock market and quit taking the chance of getting something someone might actually want away.

jlcmsu said:
Well, good to see we have a another flipper/scalper among us. So the only reason you tried was to make a few extra bucks? While others like me that really wanted it to be part of our SW Collection lost out! It was a biatch to order and imagine being disapointed on losing out if you REALLY wanted this item. Losing out to flippers is part of the game and I accept it especially on items with such a low ES, but it's pretty rude to just come right out and admit I had no interest in it I just wanted it to sell it.

How about collecting to collect? Is this a concept lost on many folks? If you wanna invest go play the stock market and quit taking the chance of getting something someone might actually want away.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the Balrog today. I do collect to collect! But in doing so requires money. I make a decent amount of money but it's always nice to be able to fund a purchase with something else. There is not one person here who could HONESTLY say they wouldn't have done the same thing. At least I'm still planning on knocking off a few bucks so it'll go to a board member instead of selling it on eBay right now where I could easily get $500. I have every Harry Potter bust and all the rest on order. I was just stating that they'd be a solid investment in response to the question of how do you know when something's going to be worth a lot of money. So you can reserve your venom for those that actually deserve it. I stated very early in this thread that I had gotten one and it was for sale. You were one of the first to say you were interested. No one here expected this thing to get so crazy, which is precisly why I waited before offering it up. When this thing was looking like it was going to be around $250 you were quite happy that a fellow board member was going to have one for sale! Keep your hypocricies in check.:emperor

jlcmsu said:

ouch!!! alright everyone lets calm down before it gets ugly. i understand how someone could get upset about missing out on an item. while i think it is out of place to openly admit you just wanted to flip it. but i will admit i would probably sell mine if i got one especially since i could buy a couple PF with that money.

Originally Posted by hairlesswookie
i would probably sell mine if i got one especially since i could buy a couple PF with that money.

Same here, just like I sold my Gray Hulk to buy other statues I normally could not afford and save for SDCC.

This will be the most sought after bust. I bet this thing will top out around $1k on ebay in the future.

Darth Loki said:
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the Balrog today. I do collect to collect! But in doing so requires money. I make a decent amount of money but it's always nice to be able to fund a purchase with something else.

No, I didn't but I don't like flippers/scalpers. If you make a decent amount then you should be able to buy without having to do so. I do and I wouldn't say I make a decent amount especially since my Teaching Contract hasn't kicked in.

Darth Loki said:
There is not one person here who could HONESTLY say they wouldn't have done the same thing. At least I'm still planning on knocking off a few bucks so it'll go to a board member instead of selling it on eBay right now where I could easily get $500.

I can HONESTLY say I wouldn't have bought this to flip it and I haven't bought any of the SW 12" to flip either since they seem to be doing well on ebay. You're gonna knock off what $50-$100 bucks? WOW!! Thanks for selling it for $400-$450 and that's what about 8x what it sold retail for? Now, if you wanted to help a board member out and wanted to make an extra buck selling it for like $200-$250 would be cool. Why is that any different? Well, it's still flipping for a profit but at least your not trying to sell it here for virutally the same price it's going for on ebay. Now, the ultimate helping a board member would be to sell it for what you paid.

Darth Loki said:
I have every Harry Potter bust and all the rest on order. I was just stating that they'd be a solid investment in response to the question of how do you know when something's going to be worth a lot of money.

They are if you have to sell them because you are in dire straights but the way your post reads it sounds like you're only getting them because you can make a few bucks off them.

Darth Loki said:
So you can reserve your venom for those that actually deserve it.

When you are selling an item for what it goes for on ebay you are no better than any other scalper or flipper. So you deserve it trust me. :D

Darth Loki said:
I stated very early in this thread that I had gotten one and it was for sale.

Yeah, but I thought you would be willing to help a board member out with a good price and not what it was going for on ebay. $400 or more isn't helping.

Darth Loki said:
You were one of the first to say you were interested.

I did because I thought maybe you'd be willing to take around $200 or so make a little profit and help a member, but now I see you're shooting for about what it's doing on ebay. I don't need that kind of help.

Darth Loki said:
No one here expected this thing to get so crazy, which is precisly why I waited before offering it up.

Nobody expected this? Have you been asleep? Try reading the BHST threads over at RS since this thing was announced you could tell by the way everyone was reacting this thing was gonna go nuts. Which is why I'm so bummed I didn't get it because I know I'm gonna have to pay out the ass for it because people like you bought it for no other reason than to sell it. I accept the flipper and scalpers are out there and they are part of the game but it doesn't make it easier.

Darth Loki said:
When this thing was looking like it was going to be around $250 you were quite happy that a fellow board member was going to have one for sale! Keep your hypocricies in check.:emperor

As I said I was willing to offer that right away as a way of saying thanks basically. Give you some profit and save me from having to possibly spend another $250 someplace else. So in no way am I being a hypocrite!

What goes around come around.

Josh, I'm not going to get into a pissing match over this. You have your opinion of the situation and I have mine. I never expected this thing to be worth nearly what it's going for. I barely have time for this board (except when I'm at work:lol ), so no I don't check every single collecting board to gauge interest of certain items.

As I've said before, I will be offering this to board members first before I even think about putting it up on eBay. I hope I am able to sell it to a board member. But if I have to go to eBay and get close to $500 you won't see any tears.

And I didn't mean that someone would buy this that actually wanted it and then sell it (that be like me selling my GG even though I could make a quick $100), I just meant any item that would gain value quickly that they themselves were not interested in keeping.

A few thoughts.

Number one if you did not know this bust would be above $400 dollars if not up in the $600 dollars range or more then you are or were being a little naive. This is GG, this is a star wars mini bust, ES of 1000, and most importantly a lot of these will be out of circulation forever in the homes of the Japan collectors. However, this is not to say that you would not hope or even expect that a fellow board member would not give you a good deal on one.

Listen to this example. I have interacted with Josh on the sandtroopers forum and over the phone for some time now. He is a great guy/collector. Early on when we first started talking about the SS 12 inch figures and GG busts Josh asked me if I would like a Shock Trooper bust from SDCC. Note, he asked me and this was before the eddition size was set. I asked him a number of times if I could give him anything extra and he said no all that he wanted was what he would have to pay for it. As it stands now I am going to SDCC so I no longer need this incredible favor. That is proof right there that some people take great pride in a sense of community and helping out other peope and Josh is one of those of people.

With that said and like Josh has stated a lot of people collect for one reason and that is to collect and that is all. There is only one circumstance in which I would sell my collection for profit and that is if a family member needed the money because of extreme circumstances.

People can do what they want and I am not going to judge anybody. I have no idea who any of you are except a couple people and I am not about to judge someones total charcter because they are a scalper/flipper. You may be the nicest person in the world and also you may be they biggest dick out there as well.

If you do flip that is fine but do not try to justify it by saying everyone who collects sells stuff for profit. Also I am sick of hearing the funding my collection excuse. No justification is needed if you flip items you flip items bottom line.

In addition, and I think this is where some controversy may come into play. When I go to a forum and read a thread the last thing that I want to read is more talk about how a person is going to sell their bust for profit. Just create another thread or talk about it in the classified thread. We should be talking about why the bust is cool and how we plan to display it. Instead this thread has been plagued by scalping and anti scalping comments.

Gran,

You have very valid points on pretty much everything you said. I never said that everyone who collects, sells stuff for a profit. I was stating that if given the opportunity to fund further purchases, no one here would turn down the oportunity. This is the first time I'd even considered it.

"Number one if you did not know this bust would be above $400 dollars if not up in the $600 dollars range or more then you are or were being a little naive"

I don't collect GG busts and this is the only message board I visit, so I had no idea what it'd be like. I thought it might get up to around $250-300. Call me naive if you will but I was without a computer for over a week leading up to this coming out. And there were no topics regarding this statue here, I think I started this thread.

And if there are any takers, I'd still like to trade my bust for a Code 3 X-Wing, even a regular edition.

Darth Loki,

I know that you started this thread but I am assuming you did not start it just to talk about ebay value, which is kinda what it turned into. Also, I was not calling you or anybody else specificaly naive. I can see where if you do not follow these things that much that you would not be able to predict the value that much. Truthfully, I could be completely wrong maybe everyone will get sick of the BHS bust and no one will buy it and the value will drop. Ebay can be a roller coster an we all know this. Some people truly only buy what they want to collect. I have definetly passed on a few items that I could have sold for profit but I left it for someone else. The GG maul international statue is probally the best example of this that I can give.

From what I have seen this forum is pretty much filled with some great people. I just think that talk about scalping and flipping is kinda like politcs and religion. People are pretty much one sided and I think this kind of talk should, for the most part be avoided. I am not saying that you should not announce that you got one and your are selling it to let everyone know, but excessive talk about it can spark controversey from both sides.

Originally Posted by Fritz
Like on Naboo?

No like on Tattooine....
:monkey4

h13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back